I'm getting a pop up asking me for a password

Anyone else getting this?
The URL said something about rubiconproject. I’ll try to get a screen shot next time it happens.

I’m getting that occasionally as well:

To view this page, you must log in to area “Restricted” on tap.rubiconproject.com.

I just got it as well. Something to do with the Rubicon Project.

I’ve gotten it a couple of times this morning as well. Running Safari, and I am logged in to the SDMB.

That’s the one.
BTW I’m on Firefox.

I got that pop up as well.

Safari too. It has the Safari logo on it.

Sorry, I should add, I’m running IE7, Windows XP.

Yep, I just got it, too. Running on Firefox.

Me, too. (The safari logo’s a red herring; any dialog brought up from a web browser tends to have the browser’s logo, even if a plugin or script brought it up.)

Ironically, I got it while opening this thread! (Chrome, latest update.)

Rubicon Project, by the way, is an ad broker, and a quick search suggests it has a reputation for being really buggy. (Nothing in the way of accusations of malware, however.)

Add me to the list as well on firefox 3.6.4

I got the same popup running Seamonkey 2.0.4 on a Windows XP machine. And I’m a SDMB subscriber, so I don’t see advertisements.

The most currently loaded address for that domain on my computer is:

http://tap-cdn.rubiconproject.com/partner/scripts/rubicon/alice.js?pc=7184/13018

I just got this too. I’m a charter member and don’t see ads, so this shouldn’t be coming from one of the ad servers that folks have been complaining about.

ETA: got it on the GQ page. This was the first web site I have been to during this session.

twice today when coming out of topic to area main page. using firefox 3.6.4

Concur.

BTW, I’m on Safari.

Now it’s coming up about every third page load, and getting very annoying.

Searching for Rubicon Project on google yields this:

It’s definitely coming from the straight dope server, because this is the line that causes it on the page source (it’s at the bottom of the page):

If I am a charter member, why am I getting an advertising link in my dope pages?

I’ve reported this situation. Not sure when/what might happen, it is a fine weekend in June, after all. Please be patient.