Voting exams

One can only look at our government from the legislature to the executive branch …to part of the judicial branch, to realize most voters in America are idiots. Look at obama. I can really rest my case just at the mention of his name.
Beside voter fraud…, we have unfit and uneducate people voting. One should know “something” to have the privelege of voting. You do not need to be a genius or rich, or even a highschool education to vote.
You just need to be able to answer some basic questions of American history or on some of your state history. Maybe even answer some basic questions on civics. I don’t want anyone to fail the questions. Publish them. Give the people ample time to go over them and research them. Publish answers. WHo cares?
Those who cannot read well can have them read to them by some government agent. I don’t care. Also…when you pass this simple test you get some fom of voter’s ID that you bring to the polls when you vote. You get it in the form of a credit-type-card with all your info. on it. You swipe the card each time you vote.
This will insure you vote once and also show you are a legal citizen.
Right now…in some voting districts…it is a free-for-all.
The very idea that just because you are breathing means you can vote is ridiculous. The outcomes are too important to leave to thousands of mouth breathers.
Of course…the dems will holler…“racsim”; their favorite slogan. WHo said anything about race? There are plenty of idiots in every race that should not be voting in certain elections.
Enough is Enough.

Right - so what’s the purpose of this if you don’t want anyone to fail and will publish all the answers? Short-term memory test?

This is a fantastic idea. As long as I get to write the exam.

Have there been recent reports (like the last two decades or so) of American elections swung by people voting multiple times? I was under the impression the opposite was far more frequent - where through government incompetence, voters were being denied the chance to cast a ballot.

Seems to me a decision has to be made - what’s worse, a person voting twice, or a person disenfranchised? They’re both bad, to be sure, but set your priorities.
Disclaimer: this serious response in no way indicates I am taking the OP seriously.

Okay then, goodbye..

We know, so we’re saying goodbye to you.

BTW, check your PMs, I’ve sent you a gross of hard returns, please use them. And look for a new keyboard to arrive in the mail, as I’ve noticed here and in other posts that your Shift-O is malfunctioning at certain times.

To the OP: should the voting exam require correct spelling?

What do you expect this to accomplish? Do you believe that Democrats will be unable to answer these questions?

You should have just rested your case. Everyone knows Obama = idiot.

The first question should be: What did the Voting Rights Act of 1965 abolish?

If taking a test means the OP wouldn’t get to vote, I’m all for them. Based on the grammar and spelling, I’m guessing the OP is borderline moron at best.

a voter exam?

why?

half the people who could regisiter to vote, don’t. and half the voters who are registered don’t show up on election day.

it’s not the voters that piss you off, it’s the candidates.

and where is all that love for President Obama on this board in 2010?

the vast majority of the SDMB was with him all the way in 2008. including adding Obama to their city names. as in san fraciscobama.

Having read most of his posts in other threads, I’d say he’s waaaaaaay below borderline. I wouldn’t trust him to vote in a poll for what the new M&M color should be.

Well, we know he wouldn’t vote for any shade of brown. :smiley:

To coin a phrase: RACSIM!!!

Oh shit, bullrun, I wrote the voting exam and spelling counted. I’ll leave you with this parting quote:

Yes, I knocked off this particular conceit from a recent Above The Law post.

I was told there would be no literacy test.

But if the mouth-breathers don’t vote, how will the Republicans ever win ANYTHING … ? :dubious:

Oh, the unintentional hilarity.

I wish you would.

Yeah, those “uneducate” people should definitely not be allowed to vote.

Well, you certainly do know “something.” I’ll give you that. And you’re right that voting really is a “privelege.”

I knew a highschool education once. He was a pretty good guy, but he always voted for Nader.

Typical bleeding-heart Republican, hiring more and more government employees just to help stupid people who can’t read English.

Thankyou for bringing this problem to our attention, citizen. Please submit yourself to the nearest government office to have yourself stricken from the rolls.

Yep, that’s what we always holler: “Racsim, Racsim, we love you! Yaaaaaaay, Racsim!”

Yeah, who said anything about race? I though we were talking about Racsim. That Racsim’s a really good-looking guy.

I once read about an argument that William F. Buckley, Jr., had with a white South African during the Apartheid period. The South African harped on the cultural backwardness and mental inferiority of the blacks – “How can we trust these people to vote?!” Buckley, bleeding-heart Commie that he was, replied, “Voting is not an intelligence test. It is a way of saying no.”

Stop, stop, I’m blushing!

Though, if you’ll pardon me for putting in the obligatory plug - I would dearly appreciate your support in the midterms, folks. Every vote counts! (Much though the OP might wish otherwise).

-Racsim

Vote Racsim Excellent for Congress - a vote for me is a vote for pot in every chicken!