Call of Duty: Black Ops

I wasn’t originally going to get the game but then I found out that there is a zombie mode at the end of it, just like there was in World at War.

I’m hoping the campaign is good because although I’ll dabble in multi player I prefer single player by far.

Anyone getting a midnight copy? I want to but I know that if I get my hands on it tonight I won’t go to school or the gym tomorrow.

Not only is there a zombie mode, but the four people fighting zombies are…

JFK, Richard Nixon, Fidel Castro and Robert McNamara

I’ve never played a Call of Duty before, but I almost want to get just for that reason.

Everyone I know with an early copy says that Cod Blops is a huge improvement over MW2.

The PC version is getting dedicated servers, right? My old troop might be interested if so.

I thought MW2 was pretty good too. I can’t wait for this…

I’ll put $10 on it being a short, unsatisfying, but hectic and frantic, single player experience only put into the game to validate the $60 you essentially put into a MW2 multiplayer reskin.

Which isn’t to say I don’t have it pre-loaded on Steam and am now just waiting for it to be released into the wild. I’m such an easy mark like that.

I’m not getting it for a week or two, for glitches to hopefully be found and extinguished. Also, I’ve had some people tell me it’s pretty much a 90% MW2 reskin, with some recoil on weapons and overhauling the killstreak system.

The unlock system is different too. I don’t like unlock systems, but this one is better since you like… buy unlocks. Lots of it is just balance issues, which is what MW2 needed the most. It still has way too much stuff popping up on the screen. Achievements and garbage like that.

Well, for these people, “huge improvement” means “way different” If you loved MW2, don’t take it as a recommendation.

They’re having a sponsored official dedi program similar to bc2. Which kinda sucks, but sucks massively less than the abortion that is mw2.

I’m not getting it for anywhere near full price. When steam drops it under $20 I’ll consider it. But since this is activision we’re talking about, that probably won’t be until Christmas 2012.

The courier just delivered my copy, to my office, at nine thirty in the morning. I now have to sit here staring at it until I can get home.

And the second best bit about dedicated servers, after fast stable connections, is the presence of admins* to ban the whiny fucks who respond to every death with invective and accusations of hacking. I can see many angry 12 year olds whining to mommy that they can’t play anymore because they’ve been banned from all the local servers.

*The bulk of the popular servers in SA are run by local ISPs, so they have very strict rules on their servers in an effort to keep them pleasant for the average player.

Add “broken” to the list of descriptors.

Freeze errors are rampant. I’m unable to play for more than 20 minutes before the game freezes completely, forcing a full manual restart. (I’ve got a 2010 gaming-grade rig.)

Whining on the forums has now become so bad that the moderators on it have essentially posted that they “don’t want to hear it if you don’t like it.” Any further threads will be removed and infracted.

Geez.

Right, but that’s just some random fan forum. Not the place to voice your concern to the developer.

And yeah, don’t buy this game on PC.

We got the PS3 version, and had no problems with freezing or other errors in about 3-4 hours of gameplay last night. My only real complaint is that I completely suck at it (in multiplayer), but I don’t think I can blame the developers for that.

Looks like the PC version is suffering form at least one bad memory leak causing the game to experience lag and CPU based lock ups.

Common Treyarch!

The same. I played it for about six hours last night on my PS3 and I didn’t have one problem with it.

360 version playing fine for me. Played the campaign yesterday and some bot killing.
The addition of bots is great IMO. Gives you a way to learn the maps and try out the new streaks etc.

Nice easter egg on the start screen. Left/Right trigger to escape chair. Walk around to computer and enter cd, then doa. A cool top down shooter starts up.

Heard that the lobby system is still the same as Modern Warfare 2, as in, it’s horrible.

Yep. Same same.

Well, on the plus side, they don’t use a retarded lobby system of any type on the PC version this time around, as far as I know.

How long is the single player? Another 4 hour game?