Should all complaints be private?

I thought this might be bit of a leap so I thought I’d start a poll. I’m a little surprised that it’s completely unanimous amongst staff. I guess tom would know better than me on that score but I’m not sure how he’s so confident about the majority of the membership.

Civil complaints should be public. Even if you disagree with a decision, there is no reason to be disrespectful to those who voluntarily bust ass trying to make this work.

The only use of polls in ATMB is as a test – we don’t operate this place by popular vote and so we do not allow polling here as a general rule.

Well, I certainly didn’t intend this to be a binding referendum or anything, and I was actually unaware that polling was frowned upon in this forum. Just thought everyone would like to see where people generally are on the issue.

eta: obviously, given the rules of this sub-forum, civil complaints was meant to be implied.

Complaints should be public. If they are without merit, it will be shown through the analysis of third parties. If they do have merit, things may change through the same mechanism. It’s a message board, which means oversight by the members.

Experience reading the board.

(Given that the “allow public” option is currently above 80% with a bit over 30 respondents, I would guess that my confidence is justified. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Well, I assumed the same as you, actually. I just wondered how it would go in an actual anonymous poll.

Just curious: At what level of polling would you have said that your confidence was not justified. Anything less than 60% would have surprised me and made me what I was missing.

Perhaps the word wondering? :wink:

I missing my dog

:frowning:

I think the current system works well, in that you can choose to contact a mod via pm, or you can choose to post your complaint on the forum.