Large text on SDMB

Last night I was surfing the Dope with my dog leaning up against me. She put her head on my keyboard and now everything is in large type for the visually impaired. It’s just on the SDMB, other websites are normally sized. I logged out thinking it was something I screwed up just on my account, but it didn’t change anything.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice and readable, and I just gave up and left it alone for awhile, but it’s now starting to really irritate my ODC tendencies because it ISN’T THE WAY IT NORMALLY IS!
What can I do?

Can you sit further away from the screen?

Is that a seeing-eye dog?

OK, you guys aren’t helping! :slight_smile:

Get a smaller monitor?

Try Ctrl plus the minus key. (To make the font even bigger, Ctrl plus the plus key). You may have been holding down the Ctrl key while your dog hit the plus key to help it read the page without glasses.

Bless you, it worked! (although now everything looks abnormally tiny, guess I can’t win!)
And to you other smarty-pantses, :stuck_out_tongue: PBBTH!

Can anyone tell me how to make the buttons on my keyboard larger?

Wear a pair of loupes on your glasses.

If you are using Firefox, “Control 0” resets the text to the default size. Other browsers have similar shortcuts for zooming text.

You mean size does matter?

Have them eat fatty foods and not exercise.

[sub]Psssst, hey folks, let’s all post in small type-size for the next few days, but not tell TheChileanBlob about it.[/sub]

WHAT?

I love you dorks.

First we bust your chops, THEN we help you out. :slight_smile:

By coincidence, this morning I had used CTRL + “+” in a casual Current Events class I moderate. I was using an all-good news site, and I had asked the fellow that found it to print out three pages, minus the pictures. I wanted everyone to be able to see the pics though, which included a “prodigal” cat from Katrina days, and “huggable” dogs for campus exam stress.

I was mindful enough :cool: to tell everybody in the group how to reduce the apparent size, should they ever find it set on large. Just in case they don’t already know and don’t attend our basic PC skills class.

(I really ought to start logging the coincidences I encounter, since they are coming in droves these days. While I don’t have a belief-system around them, I find them interesting, and ***some of them ***are really staggering. This one is rather far down the mind-blowing scale, but I may just include the smaller ones.)

- "Jack"

ETA: I just noticed the range of dates of this thread. Well, today is the day I first came across the thread, so…

Slow your keyboard down appreciably from any fraction of the speed of light and the Lorentz contraction will lessen thus restoring your keys to their Brobdingnagian proportion.

Or just use an Austin Power’s Swedish Penis Enlarger.

With Firefox, you can also use the mouse’s scroll wheel while holding down the control button.

You can do that with IE as well, but that makes the entire page larger, not just the text*. I have never yet found a way to just make the text larger with Firefox. IE makes it easy to do, and if Firefox has a way to do it they hide it very well.

*which means side-scrolling if you zoom in too close

You could use one of those mirrors like is on the right side of your car, which will make them appear closer, thus larger by way of the Dopler effect.

Okay, I made that last part up.