So I was a Scorpio all my life and now I'm a Libra (star signs have apparently changed).

No, really.

Let me start off by saying, I don’t believe in horoscopes or the zodiac, although it is amusing, at times, to read a horoscope once a year or two or look up what the “pros” and “cons” of your personality might be.

Still, this is ranking right up there with Pluto no longer being a planet for me…it’s one of those things you know all your life and then, suddenly, it changes.

Can’t say it’ll affect my life much (or at all), but yeah, I can think of SOME people whose worlds will be turned upside down at this news. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pisces? No frakking way am I a Pisces!

Oh no - now I’m a Capricorn!! Suddenly I fear the Chupacabra!!!

I do know someone whose entire life will go askew now. Her bywords were “Of course, because I’m a Scorpio!” Yeah, whatever…

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I refuse to acknowledge it. I’ve been a Pisces all my life, dammit, and I’m not changing now!!

I do not wish to be an Aquarius.

As the article states, this has been known for quite some time, among astrologers as well as astronomers. Some people have been compensating for it, I think, and others say to stay with the old signs.
As a skeptic, I think it’s equally valid, whichever philosophy you use.

And if how nearby a body is influences your horoscope, then by rights Cruithne and 2002 AA[sub]29[/sub] and the other resonant near-earth objects ought to be added to the list of planets. But I’m not holding my breath

Well this will just kill Nancy Reagan! What a shame.

Wow, I’m still a Pisces, but my husband is now an Aquarius. This changes everything.

WTF? I’m a Libra now? I think not. Scorpio I was born, and Scorpio I remain.

oh-em-gee. imma pisces!!!

Preach it! What makes the Babylonians think they’re such hot stuff that they can get away with changing our star signs?

Good Grief. All four of us change on this chart!

Hubby, from Virgo to Leo
Myself and son, from Gemini to Taurus
Daughter, from Cancer to Gemini

I am, and will always be, a Cancer. Not a Gemini. Not in a million years.

So someone’s gone to the trouble of ‘correcting’ the signs and still not added Ophiuchus.

The article I had seen (different from the OP) included that sign. Wonder why this one didn’t?

I am not an Aries!

What a load of bull.

Is this the same asprecession of the equinoxes? Because if so, astrology debunkers have been talking about it for decades and astonomers have known about it since BC. (Or BCE, if you prefer.) ((And yes, I know that BC, astronomers were astrologers, usually.))

I’ve never heard of an astrologer changing anything due to precession. Many of them are aware of it, they just chuckle when it’s brought up and handwave it away as unimportant.

I just tracked back to the original article too and noticed that it included Ophiuchus. Perhaps the Washington Post ‘simplified’ it to avoid reporting too much change to the system? Being moved to another, recognised, sign is one thing. Presumably getting assigned to a completely new sign would be too much of a difference.

I am now a Scorpio. You know what, I refuse. I like being a Sagittarius.

My SO manages to remain a Taurus, though now he is on the cusp!

I apparently go from being a Sagittarius, nearly a Capricorn, to being a Sagittarius, nearly a Scorpio. Oddly, I don’t feel this has changed my life… (I quite like being a Sagittarius, so I’m glad it doesn’t change, though!)