48 Below this morning!!

Not really, of course, just with wind chill taken into account.

The real temperature was only - 36 C. Almost balmy, in fact.

If it makes you feel any better I’m having a BBQ at the beach this weekend.

The invitations said, “Not may people can have a BBQ in the middle of January, but we can!”

Yeah, but you’ve got plenty of humidity, so at least it’s a “wet cold” :slight_smile:

Keep yourselves warm. I used to love skiing between the hotel and the theatre through Wascana park when it was cold enough to freeze your breath to your scarf and beard.

We’ve actually had a pretty decent January for Toronto - clear, crisp with only the one weird day that got up to +4 and rained.

I think you’ll find a hell of a lot of people can have a barbecue in the middle of January.

I’d rather have that cold than the snow we’ve been getting. Regina already hit the record for most snow from start of winter till the end of January.

Centre of the Arts? what were you appearing in? I may have seen you!

Agreed. I may have to go up on our porch roof to shovel the wnow off - it’s a flat roof, and I’m a bit worried about all that weight.

And I’m expecting a very damp basement when all the snow trapped in my backyard melts in two months… :eek: time to look into the sump pump option, I think.

Apparently Peavey Mart sells roof rakes of some sort.

December, 1992 - Les Miserables
Messiah with the symphony twice; 1996 at the Centre of the Arts and 2001 at a Knox-Metropolitan United Church.
Die Fledermaus - 2002.

It’s been way too long since I’ve been there.

Chinook rolled through yesterday. -15 at three AM. +1 at noon. +5 at noon today. I know we’ll get some more cold and suffer through more Calgary snow clearing attempts, but the break sure is nice.

Then I’ve seen you twice! The two performances of Messiah!

and, on a bonus note, Piper Dad was in the chorus for the 2001 performance!

I’ve looked into that, but it wouldn’t work for the flat roof - they’re designed for angled roofs.

Fortunately, I’ve got a window that leads straight out to the porch, and it’s not very high up. I’m not keen on heights, but a flat roof doesn’t bother me.

hmmm - but could I just use a roof rake from my window to push the snow off, without even going out into the cold and the storm? must investigate - my neightbour has one I could likely borrow to try it out.

That is so cool! I’ll get working on a ‘next time’ performance there.

And we can do the little-known Messiah aria ‘The Piper Shall Sound.’ :slight_smile:

Ah HA!! So you’re the one that let your cold weather escape and leak all over Minnesota. Can you please take it back and keep it contained?

Where is this?? I want to avoid living there.:smiley:

It puts hair on your chest.

Because your chest wants to live!

due north of Texas!

Egads!! The arthritis I get, the more Key West starts lookin’ real good…down to the bone!

I put Northern Piper’s location 1880km north of Texas, to be slightly more precise.
As a minor point of interest, the quickest route between those two points contains only 70km on interstates. I’m thinking that there may not be any other trip of that length in North America where that would be true (granting the TransCanada and 400-series highways equivalent status, and excluding the far North).