Ben Wa balls - urban legend or are they really used?

I’ve heard stories of Ben Wa balls since I was a teen. I can easily imagine them used a few times for sexual experimentation.

But, every day? 24/7? Hard to imagine trying to work while these things are rolling around in there. How many people really want sexual stimulation when they are working on a payroll spreadsheet or picking up the kids at school? Seems like it would get annoying in real life.

Also, seems like a great way to get a pelvic inflammation too. Heck even tampons give some woman Toxic shock syndrome, TSS.

They do conjure up a sexy imagine for horny boys fascinated by mysterious Asian women with labia turned sideways. But, it is only a horny boys fantasy.

Or, are Ben Wa balls really used? What does the Dope say?

They’re real. But I can’t imagine anyone using them 24/7.

They definitely exist, but are pretty just used like any other sex toy, that is to say, when the participants are having sex/foreplay/whatnot.

I’m sure someone somewhere has done the whole “used them for a whole day” thing, because let’s face it, name a sexual kink/fetish, and it’s been done, but it’s certainly not the normal usage for them.

They are real. I dated a gal once who had a set. It just amazed the hell out of me how she could put the red ball in first, then the blue, work her muscles and have the red ball come out first.

But oh man, when she worked those muscles on me…:smiley:

They’re a real item, but there isn’t much feeling up where they would go, so the chance that they would feel physically awesome isn’t very high.

I think they definitely could be psychologically arousing, knowing you are using a sex toy while you are going about your daily business, or while you are at work, etc. Having t concentrate to keep them in place might be fun, and there could also be an element of danger that is arousing (what if one fell out in front of your boss!)

“Honey? we need to fix the bedroom window.”

“Why?”

“Well, I wa using the ben-wa balls and I sneezed…”

A former girlfriend was into experimentation with all manner of… stimulants of that variety. We bought a set and the next weekend went away for the weekend. When we arrived at our destination she put them in and we spent the day walking around, going to street fairs, museums, etc. She said they’d occasionally bang against each other which would result in an awareness of them, but not that they were particularly stimulating. However, constantly being reminded of them was making her constantly aware of that part of her body, so she spent the better part of the day thinking about sexytimes.

Before heading off to our B&B for the night, we walked by a playground. She went in and started swinging on the swingset and didn’t want to stop. That’s when they really made themselves known.

My choice isn’t offered, which is “yes they exist but are overrated / useless”.

This may be a reflection on my personal anatomy, but I put a pair in one night before going out and couldn’t feel them in the slightest. I forgot I was even wearing them until the kerplunk of one falling in the toilet :smack:

I’ve never had them in while having sex; that doesn’t sound pleasant at all.

Yeah, I’ve been told they’re pretty meh unless the right movement is used. And then they make noise. Like Clackers, I’m guessing.

Some. I recall a news story a while back about a woman who went around with a vibrator plugged into herself, which was discovered when she orgasmed in a store, fell over and knocked herself unconscious. I wasn’t able to find a link to that, but did find a news story about a woman knocked unconscious in a hit and run who was wearing something called an “OhMiBod”, a musical vibrator.

They exist, but I’ve never used them. You don’t have that option on the poll.

My co-worker told me the most hilarious story about being on vacation with her mother when she bought some and put them in. She said they didn’t do anything, so she was in the hotel room with her mom, and she was in the bathroom trying to get them out. She couldn’t, and her mom was knocking on the door asking what was wrong. Her mom finally barged in, and the two balls fell out and went bouncing across the floor. She couldn’t think of how to explain.

She told it much better than I’ve written. I was laughing my ass off. But that didn’t bounce across the floor.

I can’t imagine that metal balls in my vagina would do much of anything. It’s all about the clitoris, guys, all about the clit. :wink:

This. I own a pair and meh… I didn’t notice them rocking and rolling or anything like that. They were just there. And the ones I have are not even marble sized, they are about 1.5" in diameter. There just are not that many nerve endings past the first few inches of the vaginal opening. meh…

Maybe anally it would be different? I have not tested that.

that would be wife potential.

I have a set and this best describes my experience - enough gentle reminder that they are there, but not particularly stimulating in and of themselves.

I’ve mostly heard of these being used to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. I know some friends of mine have proclaimed that it’s actually a pretty useful tool after childbirth to get yourself back into not-peeing-yourself shape. I don’t use them myself but I’ve been thinking about buying a pair and checking them out.

Ground-rule double; all runners advance.

If only she’d looked up teary-eyed and said, “Tiger Woods, Ma…Tiger Woods…!”

I’m dieing over here!!!

We’ve had so many zombie threads lately that I checked to see if this one originated back in the 1960s. The one woman I ever knew who used them for a day at a time said the Kegel exercises were much more beneficial.