I Hate the Word "Veggies"

It’s fucking baby talk, and I suspect it’s used by people who can’t pronounce the word “vegetables”. All the people who can’t pronounce nuclear might as well get on board with nukie while they’re at it. “Veggies” pegs you as childish, ignorant, or both in my book. There’s even a facebook group I could join if only I didn’t hate facebook as well.

This made me laugh. I dislike the word, too. And refuse to use it. Something about it just grates on me.

I hate the word vegetables. It’s so arrogant and smug sitting there with its extra e. FUCK YOU VEGETABLES

veggies knows its place.

I agree. It’s one of those words that no self-respecting adult should ever use.

Even worse is the British “veg.”

I hate ‘’'veggies", but not as much as I hate “yummy”. Especially in the phrase, seemingly used by full-grown women, “Soooo Yummy!” Makes me want to fwoh up.

Okay if you’re a girl. Definitely not okay if you’re not.

I hate the word problematic. It used to be cool, then everyone started using it all the time and ran it into the ground.

At least it’s a grownup word.

That’s negated by it being a hipster wannabe word.

You need to relax.

I hate the word vegetables too. I know how to pronounce it, I know how to spell it, I just hate it. It’s way too long for such a commonplace word.

Wgasa

I don’t actually hate the word vegetables. But if I were to hate a word, I think vegetables is a better candidate than veggies. Saying you hate the word veggies is like saying you hate fun.

I agree. However, I am huge fan of the “vag”.

What’s your position on “sammies” or “samwiches?”

I’m going to guess they dislike those words as well.

(which will just be more evidence for my hates fun theory)

I don’t so terribly mind the word “veggies”, although I don’t hear it much and it feels weird to say, so I must not use it often. I’d probably be be very mildly amused to hear someone use it seriously in an otherwise adult conversation.

Buuuut … don’t get me started on “hubby”. It makes my ears bleed; it makes me want to grab the hair on the back of my head and slam my face into the wall until I lose consciousness. “Hubby” is a terrible, terrible word, straight from the mouth of the Old Ones, driving me to a murderous sort of madness. Why? I don’t know; the word seems pretty innocuous. But I hate it.

He is your HUSBAND. He is your SPOUSE. He is not your HUBBY. And don’t fucking call him “Hubby” as if that were his name, or … I’ll kick you in the shin. Or something.

Absolutely agreed. Ignorant is too soft a word… I mean, who would use it if they knew the root word? Apart from children, but you have that covered.

“Veggies” is fine. The ickiest word in the English language is actually “pubescent.”