Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats! Mafia! [Closed, roles assigned]

During a fierce battle between the Thundercats and their enemies, the Mutants, a volley from the Thundertank opened up a previously-unknown cavern. The parties swiftly lost consciousness from a mysterious green gas emitting from the darkness and awoke in the cave, now sealed. Rather than their normal corporeal forms, they could only see each other as gray shadows. The Thundercats and their allies could barely remember what happened, and couldn’t even remember who was involved in the battle.

An ancient, wizened voice called out in the darkness; Jaga, the ghostly guardian of the Thundercats. Jaga told them of their plight, and explains that only the wise may escape from this place. The Thundercats may only leave the Cave of Lies if all of their enemies have been exposed. To that end, each day, they can vote to lay one of their fellows on the Altar of Truth, which will dispel the shadows hiding the truth of their identity, but at a great price – the victim will be forever banished to the Seventh Dimension.

But beware, Jaga warned: Mumm-Ra and his Mutants are accustomed to lies and can see through the shadows enough to identify one another, and will no doubt convene secretly to attempt to mislead the Thundercats. Once they outnumber the Thundercats and their Good allies, they will cast the remainder of their enemies onto the Altar of Truth to be exiled forever, and will rule Third-Earth unopposed.

The game is divided into two teams: Good and Evil.

**THE GOOD TEAM
THUNDERCATS

The Thundercats are survivors of the destroyed planet Thundera. They escaped the destruction and settled on Third Earth. The Thundercats may include:

Lion-O: Lion-O can use his Sword of Omens to spy on any player each night. Through the Sword of Omens, he can see a player’s team, but not their identity.

Panthro: Panthro is a very strong Thundercat with a technical bent. Each night, he may choose to hide another player in the Thundertank, protecting them from being targeted by a night kill.

Wilykit and Wilykat: Wilykit and Wilykat are twin brother and sister, and know each other’s identities. They may communicate at night. They may never vote for one another. If one is banished, or killed by any means, the other is automatically affected as well.

Other Thundercats may be present in the game, including, but not limited to:

Tygra
Cheetara

THE THUNDARIANS

The Thundarians are also from Thundara, and align with the Good team. However, they crash landed at a separate location and were isolated from the Thundercats for many years. The Thundarians know each others’ identities, but may not communicate at night.

The Thundarians may include up to 3 players: Pumyra, Ben Gali, and Lynx-O.

OTHER GOOD PLAYERS may include, but are not limited to:

Snarf: Snarf is not a Thundercat, but is a neurotic little creature with a tail. He is Lion-O’s nursemaid, and will try to protect him, if only he knew which one Lion-O is! Snarf may choose to protect one player per Night. If the player is Lion-O, Snarf will die in Lion-O’s place if a night kill targets him. If the player is not Lion-O, then the block has no effect.

Hachiman – Hachiman is a great human warrior with a samurai blade called the Thundercutter. Each night, Hachiman may use his sword to smite any one player, killing them. However, Hachiman is an honorable warrior and, if he targets a player who is revealed to be Good, he will throw himself on the Altar of Truth to be banished forever for his crime.

Snarfer: Snarfer is Snarf’s nephew, and one of the few Snarves that escaped the destruction of planet Thundera.

Snowman of Hook Mountain: Snowman is a goodly yeti-type creature who lives at cold and isolated Hook Mountain. He rides a mount, Snowmeow, and wields a spear.

Ro-Berbils - The Ro-Berbils are a good race of robotic bears. They are not good in combat, but are best known for helping build the Cat’s Lair fortress. Ro-Bear-Bill and Ro-Bear-Belle are two well-known Ro-Berbils. There may be any number of Ro-Berbils in the game, which may or may not include Bill and/or Belle. Each Ro-Berbil will have a name starting with B.

Wollos, Bolkens - The Wollos and Bolkens are peaceful villager peoples from Third Earth. They often look to the Thundercats for protection. There may be any number of Wollos and/or Bolkens in the game.
**THE EVIL TEAM
The Evil team may communicate at night and select a single target to attempt a night kill.

Mumm Ra – Mumm Ra is a great sorcerer whose powers come from Ancient Spirits of Evil. Because he can become Pumm Ra, a Thundercat in disguise, Lion-O will see him as a Good player. Mumm-Ra is captain of the Evil team and will make final decisions regarding night kills. If Mumm Ra is dead, the next ranking Evil player will make the decision. When Mumm Ra dies, the Evil team is weakened, and the number of remaining Evil players will be revealed.

The rest of the Evil team may encompass any of the following, and are listed in order of rank:

Sssslythe
Vultureman
Monkian
Jackalman
Ratar-O

This list of Thundercats characters may also be useful:

PM Format:

All PMs will be formatted as such:

Hello,

You have been assigned the role of [character name, or “a Wollo”, or “a Bolken”] in ThunderCats Mafia. Please confirm that you have received this by posting in the game setup thread.

[Description of power, if applicable]

[Appropriate links, where necessary]

Voting rules:

All players are expected to participate. Placing no vote in two consecutive days will lead to removal from the game. You may vote for any player, or vote “no lynch”.

Ties will be resolved through random chance, though “no lynch” may not win tied votes.
Before you sign up, read this:

1.) Please make sure it is very likely you will be able to complete the game. If you cannot sign into the board to participate in the thread nearly every day, it is best that you do not sign up for this game (except as a substitute).

2.) I am accepting substitutes. In the event a player requests to leave the game or no-votes twice in a row, I will contact all subs on the list. If no subs are available or nobody claims the role in 24 hours, I will use a modkill instead. Please do not count on substitutes to be available.

3.) The number of players can vary to some degree. I am reserving spots for people who requested them. If you’re one of these people, please confirm you’re still interested:
Astral Rejection
glowacks
pedescribe
Pleonast
Zeriel
Mahaloth

4.) I am planning four-day Days and one-day Nights at the present time, to move things along briskly.

5.) If you have questions about the rules, ask away!

I’m in.

Squee! I love Thundercats. (This means count me in. :D)

Does this game have cards, like you were talking about before, or is it a separate setup?

Separate setup. After doing some consideration I decided the cards-based game wasn’t quite ready. I played out some early scenarios and saw that (to limit too much chaos) a lot of the cards just affected other cards, meaning a lot of shuffling of cards around, but few other effects. Maybe next time.

Less interested in this theme, but I’ll play.

I’ll play.

I’m in.

I’m still interested in being a part of this game!

I’ll play.

Did I scare everyone away?

I promise not to bitchslap anyone.

My other game is pretty much over. So:

/in

:bitchslaps Ed:

Don’t go changin’.

I think after my first Mafia experience, I need to follow a few more games as spectator before diving back in. But you can put me down as a sub.

Probably poor judgement on my part posting this right before a weekend. :slight_smile:

1. Astral Rejection
  2. glowacks
  3. Pleonast
  4. Zeriel
  5. Mahaloth
  6. Normal Phase
  7. special ed
  8. Red Skeezix

Holding a slot for: pedescribe

Subs: fubbleskag

I’ll play, if you don’t mind a newish player who is pretty consistently scummier than a scumbag full of scum. Most common epitaph: “Wow, I can’t believe it, I was so sure he was scum!”

More than fine by me! Newish (or straight-up newbie) players are welcome.

'sides, I myself have a crippling case of the “Always-Seem-Like-Scum-Itis”.

Oh hey, yeah, taking that slot,

Also, a heads-up: it’s entirely possible my screen-name will be changed soon (haven’t decided yet).

How many are we hoping to get?

Originally I was hoping for 15-20, but I’ll give it a couple of days and see what I can do with whoever signs up. I can probably rebalance for a small group, but bigger tends to be a bit more interesting in terms of the roles involved. Tell your friends! :slight_smile:

BTW if anyone has questions about the setup, now’s a fine time to ask.

Roster:

1. Astral Rejection
  2. glowacks
  3. Pleonast
  4. Zeriel
  5. Mahaloth
  6. Normal Phase
  7. special ed
  8. Red Skeezix
  9. Giraffe
  10. pedescribe

Subs: fubbleskag

Ka-bump one last time to see if anyone wants to join before we get started.