Progressive Flo: "White Man Putting Cash In Your Pocket"???

Flo isn’t really saying that, is she?

OK, in the new radio ad for Progressive insurance, not the TV one, for the Snapshot discount, Flo says something like “…the white man putting cash in your pocket!”

Really.

I wish I could find it online so you could hear it, but apparently my Google Fu is weak.

Help me out here - what is she really saying?

And if she is really saying “The white man putting cash in your pocket,” I may just have to switch over to Progressive, 'cause that’s awesome.

I’d still hit it.

That is all. :cool:

Isn’t she saying something like “It’s like putting cash in your pocket”?

I think it’s a little suspicious how she never offers any discounts to Asian drivers.

What are you suggesting, that Progressive was secretly one of the underwriters for Crash?

I think it’s more likely they were involved in this Crash.

That’s what I heard too but I can’t find confirmation anywhere. She says the white man of putting cash in your pocket. What does thateven mean? Flo is so street.

I have a minor nitpick: They put too much lipstick on her for my taste.

There are ways to rub that off, y’know.

Hence the “minor” in my nitpick. Ummm… :smack: That doesn’t sound right, either.

And in more Progressive news, they’ve apparently shitcanned the dirty bus station guy who gives unsolicited advise in favor of the two embarrassments to the white race in the light blue sports jackets.

You know, I almost created a thread about how I hate Flo the Progressive pitchwoman so much that whenever she comes on, I have to change the channel. There’s something about her face that makes my skin crawl.

Anyway, everyone knows the white man only takes cash from your pocket.

Yeah, but she aint no Betty Rubble or Lela.

I see this thread is a couple of months old, but I hear this commercial almost every day and puzzle over it. I decided to finally Google it, and lo and behold, this thread is the number one result.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what, other than “It’s the white man of putting cash in your pocket!” she could possibly be saying. Since it’s been a while, does anyone have any new theories?

It’s what the guy at the bottom of this page thought he heard too. Not a confirmation exactly but you’re not alone in your opinion. I’ll sure be listening for it now.

Can you provide some context? What was said before that?

She’s discussing how big Progressive’s savings are. If I recall correctly, the line before that is, “It’s like the Grand Canyon of savings,” and I think it’s followed by something like, “Astronauts on the moon report, ‘We can see the savings from waaaaaaay up here!’”

Does anybody have a link to a video or audio? I can’t find one.

Maybe she’s saying “Walt Whitman putting money in your pocket”?

I’m not having any luck, either. Of course, Progressive puts their TV ads on the website, but not the radio ads.