Free webhosting where I can upload HTML

I have created a small website that I coded in HTML, and am looking for a free service where I can have it hosted. It’s the first time I’ve done this - this was mostly an experiment to learn HTML. The ones I have found seem to want you to use their templates, and don’t seem to offer coding options. Any recommendations? I would like something not loaded with ads, that I can just directly upload my site to.

I don’t use it myself, but I was recommended this site once so kept a note of it:

Seconded. They are my current host.

This is stale but the most recent thread on free web hosting that I can find. Looks like the limit at 000webhost is 1.5GB and I need about 20 GB.

Is anyone familiar with wix.com, volusion.com or one.com… or any other free sites ?

I’ve offered my advice before … and been met with utter silence. But I’ll try again. :slight_smile:

Paid hosting is extremely cheap for what you get. I pay $5.95 per month for (almost) unlimited disk space, (almost) unlimited bandwidth, (almost) unlimited email accounts, lots of domain and subdomain names, various tools, etc. etc. You can upload php, cgi, py, whatever. (I use LunarPages; I think some hosting services are even cheaper.)

Yes, even $6 per month may seem like a lot. But many Dopers have expressed an interest in this — why don’t six of you band together? Then it would be only $1 each per month.

ETA: I see now I was speaking mostly to Zombies. … Nevermind! :stuck_out_tongue:

What on earth are you hosting that requires such prodigious storage space? Are you streaming videos at your guests or something?

Meanwhile, I really need to get out more. I’m still hosted on an ISP that restricts me to a couple MB per nominal account.

Whoops… I only need 20-50 MB…not GB! I don’t really relate to size/speed stats off the top of my head… sorry for the confusion!

I have a website that I created 15 years ago re baseball card/memorabilia collecting. It is linked to a collecting group I belong to. While I’m not very active I’d kind of like to keep it for posterity.

I did create a page about a particular set (1913 T200 Fatima Teams) that I’m particularly proud of that I would likely lose track of otherwise too.

If you want to keep it for posterity you need to look at their criteria for deleting what they consider dead accounts.