De'endee Mafia

De’endee is where we set our scene. A peaceful town, humble and… well, peaceful. You get the idea.

De’endee suffers from little crime. The only hardship is that of an honest day’s work, the only slaughtering is that of animals. Until recently, that is. Two bodies were found in the morning, hideously butchered and displayed in the center of town. The first body was that of the local teacher, a young woman not aged past 21. The second body was that of the….well, it’s not important.

Only one sign has been left indicating any responsibility. A smear of blood in the dirt, just three words: Lords of Slaughter.

Welcome to De’endee Mafia.

De’endee Mafia is a game for 21 players. We’re trying a few new mafia mechanics in this game, which should be fun for everyone! Night 0 will begin when all spots have been filled and role pms have been distributed; until then, please limit your conversations to fluff, as the game will not have started yet.

Before we get to the rules, I want to mention the two new mechanics we’ve added, so you guys know what you’re getting into!

This game has an RPG element: During the course of the game, certain actions can award experience points (XP from now on). XP is used in various roleplaying games to “level up” and increase in power. If you’re a power role of some kind in this game, leveling up can boost your powers - or grant you new, unique powers instead! There are a variety of ways to earn XP in this game. Lynching scum will award XP for all players who voted for that player. Using your powers will award you XP. And for scum, performing the night kill will also award XP.

The Multivote element: Each player is allowed two final votes per day. You can vote and unvote a single vote as many times as you’d like, but once you have two votes simultaneously, neither can be unvoted. Please be careful… We plan to allow no exceptions.

Now, for the rest of the rules!

1. This is a closed game. No information about the game state will be given at the beginning of the game.
  2. Please color your votes blue, and bold them. Please color your unvotes red, and bold them. This will be the official format for voting/unvoting.
  3. Mod questions may be PMed directly to the mods or posted in bold green in the game thread. We will either answer questions or ignore them, depending on relevance.
  4. Days are 5 days long, but may decrease as the game progresses. Nights are 2 days long.
  5. You may post strategy at any time.
  6. Please participate. Participation will not be enforced, but it is not fun for other players if you don’t participate.
  7. If half of the surviving players +2 have locked their votes in by casting two simultaneous votes, the day will end. The required number of “locked in” players will be announced at the beginning of each day. I will round up - 21 players means that there are 13 players requires for the hammer.
  8. You may discuss any communications with the moderators. For this game, they’re me (Astral Rejection) and Mahaloth.
  1. No communication about this game in any manner that has not been previously mod-sanctioned.
  1. Ties will result in the lynching of both players.
  2. Substitutions will be allowed up to Night 2. Once Night 2 has fallen, no substitutions will be allowed.
  3. You may edit your posts if you wish.
  4. Your moderators have made every effort to confound handshakes.
    Sample vanilla PM:

Class: NPC Townsperson
Alignment: Defenders of De’endee
Role: NPC
Powers: None
Wincondition: You win when all threats to the Defenders of De’endee have been vanquished.

No commentary on rules until night zero?

In, of course.

/in
vote Normal

I would like to play. :slight_smile:

In

/in

Well…I would like to try and play again. It’s been a few years, and I never felt I got really good at this (some of you monsters seem to record every damn post, sort them, and come to conclusions that way…I just like to read along and see what comes of it !). I hope I can keep up with it.

Gee thanks guys.

I’m trying to take a break from Mafia, primarily because my tabletop De’endee campaign is restarting - so what do you do?

I hope I can make my Will save.

Critical failure! You must join and because of the critical failure roll, you must play and bring us pie!

Sigh.

You know, just for a laugh, I picked up a d20 kept just under my PC monitor and rolled to see what sort of Will save I would get.

• I rolled a natural one.

No, you can’t ask why I keep a d20 (and a d12) under my PC monitor.

Wait, so does this mean we get pie? Awesome, I would like banana cream, thank you.

1.NormalPhase
2. TomScud
3. Askthepizza
4. Innerstickler
5. Mhaye - who critically rolled into the game and owes everyone pie.

Astral will fill in a full sign-up sheet with blanks for the total players, but for now, this is who signed up. Yes, Mhaye, you must play. 0 and 1 are critical failures, I believe.

/in

:smiley:

1. Normal Phase
  2. Tom Scud
  3. Askthepizzaguy
  4. Inner Stickler
  5. Koldanar
  6. Pedescribe
  7. MHaye (come on, you know you want to!)

/in

Do you promise to your Dungeon Masters and fellow travelers that you will participate and not disappear?

/in for my first vote and /in for my second vote

Do I get pie if I join?

Never mind, I still don’t have the headspace available to play a game the right way. But this seems like it would be fun to watch. Let me know if you start a spoiler thread, I will join in the popcorn flinging.

1. Normal Phase
  2. Tom Scud
  3. Askthepizzaguy
  4. Inner Stickler
  5. Koldanar
  6. Pedescribe
  7. MHaye (come on, you know you want to!)
  8. MentalGuy
  9. TexCat

P.S. NAF, there’s no wrong way to play Mafia. You can totally join us!

HA. I appreciate the sentiment, but you are wrong about that. Thanks anyway, I will be following from the sidelines.

/in

And just so you know:

The vanilla wincondition and Rule 10 make it possible that town could win day 1 by forcing an all-hands tie. You might want to address that.