Does your scalp sweat?

This is something I’ve been curious about for a while. In heat and humidity my face drips like a faucet from the forehead down, and my neck sweats too, but my hair stays dry as a bone (unless it somehow touches sweaty areas, which are usually at least an inch away from my hairline). My scalp does not appear to have sweat glands, but it seems that many do. Other people get damp or soaking wet hair on their heads from hot weather or exertion. I even see sweat dripping out of their hairlines. I wonder which is more common (at least on the SDMB).

I have extremely thick hair and live in a hot, humid area. The scalp gets wet all over when I sweat.

I have medium to thickish hair. If it’s hot enough out or I’ve been working out my hair is completely soaked. I am guessing that’s from my scalp sweating.

Enjoying the Phily weather are you? : )

Weekly shaved head. Scalp sweats.

Perhaps having hair can give the impression that the skin underneath it doesn’t sweat. If there isn’t all that much sweat and there is a lot of hair, the humidity might get spread out enough that the hair doesn’t feel significantly wet.

I shave my head, so it’s pretty obvious where the sweat comes from when it begins to bead up on my dome.

I have very thick hair and live in a humid place, and my scalp sweats like I’m wearing a knit cap and jogging in the tropics when I go outside in the summer.

Heck, it sweats like that when I work too hard indoors cleaning my house or something.

Apparently I am a freak of nature. My head didn’t even sweat when I had to bike a couple miles to work (in a dark, barely-vented helmet) at 2pm, in full sun, during a heat wave of 101 degrees and horrible humidity last week. It felt so hot that it might explode, and the rest of me was all sweated up, but no detectable sweat on the head. I checked with my hands and in the mirror, when I got to work.

And I am sweatier than normal in other places, too (have hyperhydrosis of my palms and armpits). But, I have very dry, curly hair… maybe that has something to do with it.

Forehead hairline first, then if it’s hot enough and I’m out in it long enough, the rest of my head starts to get sweaty. Ick.

Any hat I wear in the summer gets a white stain around the brim. I can feel the sweat pop out of my skull sometimes.

But then again, I sweat a lot.

Well, my forhead sweats and the nape of my neck sweats, but I’ve never noticed my scalp sweating. If it does, it doesn’t do it much.

It’s exactly the same with me.

My scalp sweats first and foremost. I really don’t think the rest of me sweats but it pours out of my scalp. Makes keeping my girly hair nice a tad bit difficult.

I have shoulder length, thin, baby-fine hair, and yes, my scalp sweats terribly. If I am working outside in the heat, my hair will be as wet as if I had gone swimming.

I have course, thick, shoulder-length hair, and my scalp is usually the first place I notice I’m sweating.

My scalp sweats so much that if it is hot out, my hair is perpetually drippy wet. It’s gross but the rest of me doesn’t sweat too much so it’s a trade off.

Yes. My hair gets soaking wet. Oddly, however, my armpits do not sweat. Go figure.

Okay, what jackass clicked “something else”?

I am nearly bald and oh does my scalp sweat.