For the last time, I am not Argent Towers.

I hope this thread doesn’t come across as pedantic or snotty, but a lot of people on this board have been confusing me for Argent Towers. I have tried very politely to correct those who make this mistake, but I thought a thread might also call attention to it.

Why do I care? Well, I’ve been a poster here far longer than he, but not nearly as vocal. There are instances where I’ve been incorrectly associated with the Hogg incident. Well-known posters on this board have developed their own unique modus operandi, and I wish to keep mine separate from Argent Towers’.

Argent Towers briefly changed his username to Tours d’Argent at my request, but subsequently changed his mind and changed it back. I cannot force him to change his username into something less similar than mine, but I can call attention to it.

Again, when you come across a post written by either Agent Foxtrot or Argent Towers, please double-check to make sure who wrote it.

Thank you very much. We now return to your regularly scheduled mundane pointless stuff.

You know, this sounds exactly like something Argent Towers would say.

(I kid, I kid.)

Also: No, I am not Argent Towers!

/Spartacus

Thanks Argent Towers for clearing this up.

Okay, that was a poor joke. However, unfortunately names do get confused. I was confused with that kiddy diddler about a year ago and that was a rare treat- also MT Cicero although I think he/ she has gone quiet.

Anyway, good luck in your endeavours.

I feel for your position, it sucks.

It’s odd that he was permitted to change his name (no biggy), then change it back. I wouldn’t have thought they’d permit that. I was under the impression that we might be permitted one name change, with good reason. But two? Who knew?

At any rate, if I could be so bold as to make a suggestion. Have you considered changing your own username? I know it’s a hassle, and a drag to have to give up a name you’re invested in for such a silly reason. If I was being mistaken for him, I’d willingly change my name though. You may not even need to change it very much actually.

Maybe go to all CAPS, or bold, or italics, or ALL THREE. Or switch to A. Foxtrot. It might be just enough change to end the confusion. I’m just saying, maybe, think about it.

A Gent Foxtrot?

So, you toured with Argent?

:smiley:

I started to say Hold your head up, then realized that would have been completely inappropriate.

Agent Foxtrot, if I were you, I would change my name.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn’t Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there’s nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it… until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm… well why don’t you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He’s the one who sucks.

Oh shit. Not in the pit. Retracted.

And there you have it.

Your frustration is understandable, **AF **- but reality is what it is. You can either deal with it as is, hope that over time **AT **becomes less active so there is less confusion - or change your name.

Or you can start threads on a periodic basis as some sort of SDMB Public Service Announcement to clarify which one you are - which, I hope you agree, seems rather silly over the long run.

At least you’re not Rick Santorum with his Google problem :wink: (I assume you know the reference; if not, feel free to Google the name of this Republican candidate for president and see what you get. Talk about someone who should consider changing his name…)

Well, if you’re not Argent Towers, then who is? :confused:

Our usernames are not really that similar. The first part may be; the second part is utterly different. I think most people can do a decent job at telling us apart.

Personally, I always get Argent Towers mixed up with Autolycus.

Can I change my user name to Agent Towers?

The Hogg incident? Dude, I defended you back then. But if you are gonna minimize what took place as an “incident”, then we are through. It was the Hogg Affair.

I generally don’t like signatures, but I’d recommend a distinctive one (not just your username) in your case.

Look at the bright side, at least you don’t have a girlfriend like Argent’s that having a lot of trouble with her boss at work, so there’s that.

How about “I am not Agent Towers”?

Also, “I am not Argent Towers” would work well.