"Ionized sleepwear" -- Is this total B.S.?

I’m guessing yes, but I’d like to hear from the experts. (You know who you are.)

*All ya gotta do is mention astronauts for instant credibility. Do the astronauts ever feel used? *

Woooo. Wooooo.

WOOOOOOO!

Many years ago I guy I worked with had a pyramid device thingy on his desk that he claimed produced calming negative ions.

It made everything on his desk around it go black and dirty as the dust stuck to it.

CHUGGA chugga chugga chugga CHUGGA chugga chugga chugga WOOooo WOOooooooooo!

Yes

Calming Negative Ions are also being used to market products such as “revitalizing facial masks”, sport watches, and my personal favorite, the Salt Cocoon.

“For business or for home, this compact and easily transportable unit offers a very lucrative business opportunity as well as being perfect for individual use.”

Note the photo of the sexy:dubious: model posing in the salt cocoon. I’m not sure there’s room enough in there for two people to exchange, um, negative ions*, not to mention the claustrophobia factor. But it’s fun to imagine it being used as a come-on in singles bars. “Hey baby, wanna share my salt cocoon?” “OFFICER!!!”

*wouldn’t they be mutually repellent?

What happens when you put your Calming Negative Ion jammies in the dryer? Do all the ions get caught in the lint trap, and you have to scrap out the lint and squeeze it over your jammies to get the ions back in them? What if the ions float up into your face and knock you unconscious? Or what if you inhale them and your lungs get so calm you forget to breathe?

Wait, if they’re negative ions won’t they make me feel sad? It can’t be healthy to sleep with all that negativity around. I want pajamas with positive ions.

This ionization technology, called ‘IonX’ - popular with the military, astronauts, Olympic athletes, and racehorse trainers - is a first in sleepwear. It’s designed to help women rest, recover and restore tired achy muscles. Goodnighties also has superior moisture-wicking properties that help to regulate the body’s internal thermostat. The fabric is feather-light, soft and perfect for ultra-sensitive skin.

WTF… when you go to sleep you pee like a racehorse?

Let me put it to you this way-I’m considering transferring this thread to General Questions.

You want negative ions? Stick your finger in a light socket, negative ions out the wazoo.
Your path to ground may vary. Wazoo ions not guaranteed.

Oh, we’ve missed you around here.

Nonononono. See, that would be incredibly dangerous. The negative ions attract all the positive ions from around the house, you see. That way, you get all the good chi and feng shui and kundalini and ka and everything else to gather around you. If you were wearing positive ions, and attracting negative ones…well, I think we all know where that leads.

Getting eaten by dragons? No, I know, it will influence the water in the glass by my bed and make it all negative, and then I’d drink it and get angry and stuff. (You know water has memory, right? I saw it in a movie.)

This is so educational.

Let’s not get too far off topic here which is, I believe…electric jammys?

So, what if you wear the negative ionic pajamas and get a carpet shock? Will that leach off the healing energies, or compound them?

And what explains the popularity among racehorse trainers? Do they wear the pajamas, or do the horses?

Without opening the thread, and never having heard of “ionized sleepwear,” I knew the answer would be “yes.” It’s ALWAYS yes, if you have to ask.

Joe

Yes it’s BS. It sounds like my HRT boxer shorts(wildbleu), no not hormone replacement therapy but heat release technology. For women of a certain age with heat related symptoms who are in need of a little HRT? Actually I find them to be more in line with hormone release technology…as they let all the little ions in my shorts circulate with ease?..
:D;)

The opposite of ionized underwear is the union suit, because it’s unionized.

These types of jammies have been marketed in some form or another by organized criminals for over a century. Such purveyors work in highly secretive anion rings.