The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)

Old 08-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Suspended

Guys: how old a woman is too old ?

I'm especially interested in getting the male point of view, but I'd welcome the female opinions, too. How much does a woman's age factor into whether men find her attractive? Probably few hetero males don't appreciate an eyeful of a good-looking 20-year-old woman, but at what approximate age, if any, do women stop being secret-ogle worthy?

If it matters, here's my situation: I'm 54 and divorced 2 years after 32 years of marriage to a man with major mental health issues. I stay active--working out, hiking, etc.--and am in good shape with a good BMI. I don't know if I'm attractive or not, but I'm not ugly. I take care of my appearance. That should do it, I think.

Are men in general actually attracted to women my age? I ask because the few single men my age I've met/dated have really been looking for women who are substantially younger (say, ten years or more). I get how young = attractive. It just seems like women my age are pretty much ignored by most men unless they're married to them (and sometimes even then). I know there's a lot that goes into the mix--personality, zest for living, confidence, etc., and maybe I'm warped by my few experiences. But given a choice and all else being equal, wouldn't most men over, say, 40, prefer dating women who are substantially younger?

Just trying to put things in perspective.

Thanks!
Advertisements  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:34 PM

I'm attracted to women with five years of my age plus or minus, but if for some reason, a woman came along and I got along with, no age would be a deal breaker. OK maybe if she was like 85.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLee View Post
I'm attracted to women with five years of my age plus or minus, but if for some reason, a woman came along and I got along with, no age would be a deal breaker. OK maybe if she was like 85.
The Harold and Maude thing doesn't float your boat then?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Just one man's opinion here. I am 58, and although young women can be decorative, I rarely find women younger than 45 or so attractive.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:53 PM

I've dated women 10 years younger (when I was 35) and 10 years older (when I was 40). Looks matter for only about the first 2 minutes. Personality, positivism, humor, attitude, and enthusiasm matter much more after that first 2 minutes.

Suggestion: take ballroom dancing classes. It's a nice place to meet people and get past that first 2 minutes. It's also a way to "meet men" without being in a place to "meet men" (like a bar).

J.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 PM

I am at the age where, for health reasons, I don't need a woman unless she is a nurse but when I was 40ish I lived several years with a woman who was 60ish and found nothing about her unattractive that was age related.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 PM

I'm in my early 30s, and I've seen women in their 60s who I wouldn't mind a roll in the hay with (if I weren't married). Of course starting a relationship is different than that - obviously you aren't starting a second family with a woman in her 50s, and there are guys that are after that..
Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 PM

I'm 54, and here's my take:
If you aren't ugly, then the only thing left is, how do/will you look naked. The only thing I can think of negative in a non-ugly woman past the age of 40 is the word 'sag.' If you aren't ugly, and the thingies don't sag, then, you are pretty high up the ol' number scale.
I imagine that most people, women as well as men, wouldn't mind dating somebody substantially younger, but, if all other things fall into place, (the not ugly, and thingies not sagging bit) I think there's quite a bit of latitude.
Best wishes,
hh

Last edited by handsomeharry; 08-11-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 PM

I'm a guy - when I was 31 I started to date a woman 15 years older than me (46 for those of you slow at math). We dated until she turned 50 and freaked out because she turned 50 and broke up with me. That was 5 years ago and I still think she's attractive. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder and I'm more interested in personality than age.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

I can't speak for the men, but I find men close to my own age (44) to be perfectly attractive. Young guys look (and seem) unfinished to me.

My first instinct is that guys your own age who only want hot young things aren't the guys you want to be dating anyway.

harry, gravity is a harsh mistress. Guys like big boobs, but they don't want sag? Too bad - physics don't allow exceptions for male preference.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Cat Whisperer;14129723]I can't speak for the men, but I find men close to my own age (44) to be perfectly attractive. Young guys look (and seem) unfinished to me.
/QUOTE]

Hi Cat Whisperer!
Damn - Calgary - never mind!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharvey963 View Post
Suggestion: take ballroom dancing classes. It's a nice place to meet people and get past that first 2 minutes. It's also a way to "meet men" without being in a place to "meet men" (like a bar).

J.
I signed up for ballroom dancing classes last year. The class was canceled, as there weren't enough students to make it worth the instructor's time to drive in from 100 miles away. (I live in a very remote town.) At the introductory, won't-you-sign-up class, every single male who attended was with his wife/girlfriend, and there were several of us unattached women. A friend in MA says women outnumber men at her ballroom dance class, too.

I don't know where men my age are...probably home window shopping on OLD.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

I'm 50mumblemumble
I have noticed that as I get older, I admire mature women more.
18 year olds? Yeah a taught body, but seriously have you ever thought what kind of wine goes with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
There is also the fact that I hold no illusions, I'm not filthy rich, and I don't have the looks of George Clooney.
Bottom line? Give me a woman, not a girl.
18? I don't think so
20s Yeah right
30s Maybe the high 30s
40s, now we are talking
50s+ Yeah baby.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Charter Member

As long as you're only speaking about physical attraction, there's a lot of room. Current Hillary Clinton? Blech. Audrey Hepburn in her later years? Oh, yeah!

That's a specific case from a specific person (in this case, me). I'm sure there are others my age that wouldn't admire an older woman's looks, no matter how gorgeous she was.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:07 AM

I like women from my generation. The sexual revolution was at it's peak when they entered it as eager kids, but they still had the previous hang-ups instilled in them as children to make overcoming them interesting.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

What Rick said 3 posts ago. Although there are some barely-30 MILFs around here I'd like too.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 AM

OKCupid has a blog about the statistical trends they've worked out from data from the site. The blog is excellent, but you will not like this post very much: http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/th...n-older-woman/

To summarize, men say they'll take women a few years older, but they're lying.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 AM

All other considerations aside, the best way for a woman to make a man overlook her age is to exhibit a higher than normal degree of sexual libido and sexual confidence.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthisar View Post
As long as you're only speaking about physical attraction, there's a lot of room. Current Hillary Clinton? Blech. Audrey Hepburn in her later years? Oh, yeah!
I know I'm in a very small minority, but Hillary looks better and better every year. I find her very sexy, but then I am attracted to powerful confident women. When I see older photos and clips of her during the eary Clinton presidency, then I don't find her attractive at all. I'm 60 by the way.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharvey963 View Post
I've dated women 10 years younger (when I was 35) and 10 years older (when I was 40). Looks matter for only about the first 2 minutes. Personality, positivism, humor, attitude, and enthusiasm matter much more after that first 2 minutes.
I support this post. But I'd go further to say lots of older women are hawt!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 AM

Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale
Her infinite variety: other women cloy
The appetites they feed: but she makes hungry
Where most she satisfies; for vilest things
Become themselves in her: that the holy priests
Bless her when she is riggish.

(Antony and Cleopatra - Shakespeare).
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM

I'm in my early thirties, and I don't think age matters as much as the ability to carry it off until you are truly elderly. I've seen women in their 60s that have turned my head, and I've seen women in their 40s who made me think "gross! too old!"

A lot of this seems to do with skin care more than anything else.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzled View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer View Post
I can't speak for the men, but I find men close to my own age (44) to be perfectly attractive. Young guys look (and seem) unfinished to me.
Hi Cat Whisperer!
Damn - Calgary - never mind!
Hey, Calgary's not so bad! Just ask my husband - he was born here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo and Whatsherface View Post
I signed up for ballroom dancing classes last year. The class was canceled, as there weren't enough students to make it worth the instructor's time to drive in from 100 miles away. (I live in a very remote town.) At the introductory, won't-you-sign-up class, every single male who attended was with his wife/girlfriend, and there were several of us unattached women. A friend in MA says women outnumber men at her ballroom dance class, too.

I don't know where men my age are...probably home window shopping on OLD.
You're right about the ballroom dancing classes - always overloaded with women, never enough guys. It pisses me off to no end when I sign up with my husband, then I spend half of every class standing and watching because of the partner-switching.

The classes is a good idea, but not dancing classes. Maybe a mechanics class or something - maybe audit some classes and see where all the guys are.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:21 PM

At 41, I don't think 54 is too old. I recently ran into a woman I had sex with in college, and I was surprised to realize that she must be in her early 60s by now. If I were single and she were willing, I'd still have sex with her.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I guess it depends upon where you are. In San Jose where I was dancing, there was a very large ballroom dancing community. 100 - 200 people or more would show up every Friday night. At any rate, find something that is popular in your particular area and join in that. Hiking club? Bowling? etc.

J.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:34 PM

I think 55 is pushing it for me. I'm 32.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Suspended

I welcome all the suggestions and embrace all the 50-somethings-can-be-hot comments. I belong to a hiking club; it's almost all women and couples, so it's not really an opportunity to meet men, but I enjoy it anyway. How I wish there WERE a mechanics class or something similar around here! I don't know what happened to all those classes you used to be able to take through the local extension services--you know, mechanics, ceramics, flower-arranging (though I don't suppose those last two would attract TOO many guys)--but there sure aren't any around here. There are a few college class offered, but my experience is that there are vastly more women than men there, too. (Also, some of them are taught by my ex, which wouldn't work at all.) Maybe women take classes to meet people and men just...don't.

Where do men go when they want to meet women? Or don't they?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:54 PM

Ten years either way would be my limit. I'm in my late forties. So late thirties or late fifties is fine.

When I was 25, it was different. Thirty-five to forty was fine. No one under 20.

Last edited by aceplace57; 08-12-2011 at 04:55 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 05:15 PM

I have to agree with Benjamin Franklin:

"They don't yell, they don't tell, and they're grateful as Hell."

Ok, I don't care if they yell.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
BANNED

Post menopausal, basically. Psychologically, something about the age of 50 is kind of the line where women become "old' to me, but I'm not far away from that myself. I'm 45. My wife is 42. She's got a few good years left. I'm assuming (or at least hoping), that my perspective will change as I age. When I was 20, I would have thought 40 was too old.

Last edited by Diogenes the Cynic; 08-12-2011 at 05:22 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes the Cynic View Post
Post menopausal, basically. Psychologically, something about the age of 50 is kind of the line where women become "old' to me, but I'm not far away from that myself. I'm 45. My wife is 42. She's got a few good years left. I'm assuming (or at least hoping), that my perspective will change as I age. When I was 20, I would have thought 40 was too old.
For God's sake, man, please don't ever told your wife she has a "few good years" left.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald the Rhymer View Post
For God's sake, man, please don't ever told your wife she has a "few good years" left.
Christ no. I'm not complete idiot.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:00 PM

As a 53-year-old woman this thread is encouraging.

No interest in being a cougar here...I dated a man in his 30s for a while a couple of years ago but I kept feeling like his mother (I could have been. Yikes.) As I've aged, I find that my taste in men has aged along with me...I've met some very hot men in their 50s and 60s.

My current man-friend is just a few months older than me, it works.

A tip for men who are interested in meeting Women of a Certain Age - get involved in a dog sport. Agility, flyball, competitive obedience, like that. If that's your bag. Almost all women, and mostly relatively physically fit and economically stable.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Most people have heard the saying, "Men get dignified, women just get old." Is that fair? Of course not.

It seems most men prefer younger women, many of them preferring unrealistically younger women. I had a woman friend tell me that at age 50 women become invisible to men.

I turned 50 a week or so ago. I am divorced. I dated recently a woman that was 58, although she was the oldest woman I've ever dated. (fwiw, she is/was very attractive and took very good care of herself)

My natural preference would probably be 40-55, and I would at least consider outside of that range.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
If it matters, here's my situation: I'm 54 and divorced 2 years after 32 years of marriage to a man with major mental health issues. I stay active--working out, hiking, etc.--and am in good shape with a good BMI. I don't know if I'm attractive or not, but I'm not ugly. I take care of my appearance. That should do it, I think.

Are men in general actually attracted to women my age? I ask because the few single men my age I've met/dated have really been looking for women who are substantially younger (say, ten years or more). I get how young = attractive. It just seems like women my age are pretty much ignored by most men unless they're married to them (and sometimes even then). I know there's a lot that goes into the mix--personality, zest for living, confidence, etc., and maybe I'm warped by my few experiences. But given a choice and all else being equal, wouldn't most men over, say, 40, prefer dating women who are substantially younger?
Absolutely there are guys out there who will find you attractive. This is without doubt.

I would actually turn it around and ask you what kind of guys you are dating? It may well be it is YOU who decide to pass by guys who would be in to you in favor of someone who is wrong for you.

I often see (and am guilty of this myself) people who keep getting attracted to the wrong sort of guy/gal for them. So, the person thinks all guys/gals are losers when the problem really lies within them.

Personally I have dated women 12 years my senior and 12 years younger (nice symmetry but accidental). Also dated many women in between those ranges. Personally age matters little to me. Personality counts for most of it. Yes, physical attraction is an important part but "mature" women can be hot too. I'd jump Helen Mirren given the chance. I also think Joan Allen is hot (among others). Neither of those two, as far as I am aware, submit to plastic surgery.

In short, your age should not be an impediment in and of itself. Consider who you are dating instead of worrying that you are not hot enough.

Last edited by Whack-a-Mole; 08-12-2011 at 06:37 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Horrified Onlooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLee View Post
I'll read no further. This speaks for me.

I've noticed since my mid-thirties (I'm now 60) that regardless of "objective" standards of beauty, I find women who are more or less my age to be the most attractive. I can be struck dumb by how gorgeous an 18 year old girl/woman might be, but the "attractiveness" just isn't there. There's much more to the equation than just appearances.

For what it's worth I should mention that "attractiveness" isn't something I feel any sense of wishing I could act upon. I'm happily married 41 years. Just saying that for me, the sexy women are about my age.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
Absolutely there are guys out there who will find you attractive. This is without doubt.

I would actually turn it around and ask you what kind of guys you are dating? It may well be it is YOU who decide to pass by guys who would be in to you in favor of someone who is wrong for you.

I often see (and am guilty of this myself) people who keep getting attracted to the wrong sort of guy/gal for them. So, the person thinks all guys/gals are losers when the problem really lies within them.

Personally I have dated women 12 years my senior and 12 years younger (nice symmetry but accidental). Also dated many women in between those ranges. Personally age matters little to me. Personality counts for most of it. Yes, physical attraction is an important part but "mature" women can be hot too. I'd jump Helen Mirren given the chance. I also think Joan Allen is hot (among others). Neither of those two, as far as I am aware, submit to plastic surgery.

In short, your age should not be an impediment in and of itself. Consider who you are dating instead of worrying that you are not hot enough.

Oh, it's not that I'm being picky--I don't even get the CHANCE to get picky. It's just that it sometimes seems...well, take the total number of single men over, say, 45 (arbitrary number), subtract those who clearly have major issues (like the 60-year-old guy I met via OLD who spent the entire date ranting about either his three ex-wives and the 24-year-old who was the mother of his toddler or about how the U.S. government is full of commies), and then subtract the guys who are not interested in women over, say 40, and if you get a negative number, so do I. I'm pretty sure men of a certain age have similar experiences. I guess after a certain point, most of the decent guys and women are married.

I'd love to date someone who's reasonably bright and kind. I don't care about how much he makes, though I don't think I'd want to end an evening with a nightcap in his Dumpster. I figure it would probably be a good thing if he were physically active, as I am and it would increase stuff we could do together. I do think there needs to be a certain spark, but I've never been attracted to conventionally handsome men, so my standards are fairly broad. Oh, and having spent way too long married to someone with major mental health issues, I'd want to avoid that. Is that too stringent?

BTW, did you see Helen Mirren topped the list of sexiest female celebrities in some recent poll? 2,000 people. Can't recall whose poll, but HM beat out JLo and Heidi Klum, among others. So you're the only one who finds her attractive!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I'm 50mumblemumble
I have noticed that as I get older, I admire mature women more.
18 year olds? Yeah a taught body, but seriously have you ever thought what kind of wine goes with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
There is also the fact that I hold no illusions, I'm not filthy rich, and I don't have the looks of George Clooney.
Bottom line? Give me a woman, not a girl.
18? I don't think so
20s Yeah right
30s Maybe the high 30s
40s, now we are talking
50s+ Yeah baby.
This is close.

I'm 46. I generally like high 30's to low 40's.

Iwould do Helen Mirren in a hartbeat.
Last month I saw Nina Hartley in person, 50+. Oh, yes! Allison Janney, you betcha!

So my 'generally like' stays between a few years younger to a few years older than me.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Oh, it's not that I'm being picky--I don't even get the CHANCE to get picky. It's just that it sometimes seems...well, take the total number of single men over, say, 45 (arbitrary number), subtract those who clearly have major issues (like the 60-year-old guy I met via OLD who spent the entire date ranting about either his three ex-wives and the 24-year-old who was the mother of his toddler or about how the U.S. government is full of commies), and then subtract the guys who are not interested in women over, say 40, and if you get a negative number, so do I. I'm pretty sure men of a certain age have similar experiences. I guess after a certain point, most of the decent guys and women are married.
Sounds like normal dating woes.

Most men and women of any age could tell a similar story. If you are a 20 year-old woman then cut out any guy over 30. Find one who has a job. Find one who is not an ass. Find one who does not want to carouse with his buddies non-stop. Find one who puts the seat down.

And so on.

Men could say something similar.

It is unfortunately difficult to find someone you click with. If it was easy almost any schmo would do.

When you are young you are willing to go on numerous dates and realize most will amount to nothing. As you get older you are less tolerant of wading through numerous dates to find one that works (generally speaking).

While I think it is possible to be more discerning on what dates you choose to accept in the end it is a numbers game.

Also, if you know any guys you are interested in then by all means pursue that guy. Don't wait for him to ask you out. Go ahead and ask him out. It need not be a "date" but invite him out for a drink or coffee or whatever.

I feel for you. I really do. I am 44 and I relate to your situation.

Just gotta keep at it and instead of being bummed try to have fun. Even a guy who doesn't work out can still be a fun time out. If nothing else free dinner!

Last edited by Whack-a-Mole; 08-12-2011 at 09:16 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

I'm 59 and one of the things I like about my wife is that when I mention the Cuban Missile Crisis or the Mickey Mouse Club or Helen Gurley Brown, she not only knows what I'm talking about, but she can put it in the proper context.

If I were in a dating situation, I'd probably be attracted to a 50-year old. But 40? I'm sorry, but I don't have time to explain to her that I was in college before she was born.

And the young ones' voices are way too high-pitched for me.

If a man your age automatically passes you over for someone 10+ years younger, he's not looking for a companion, he's looking for a mirror he can look into and see a younger him look back.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 PM

Hell, I'm 32, and *I* would do Helen Mirren in a heartbeat.

OP, where are you at? I'm trying to decide if I should throw a "how YOU doin'" in here or not.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunilou View Post
If a man your age automatically passes you over for someone 10+ years younger, he's not looking for a companion, he's looking for a mirror he can look into and see a younger him look back.
I've heard variations of this theory over the years :nodding:

I'm of "a certain age". If I wasn't married, I'd be in the same boat as the OP. And come to think of it, I know very few heterosexual men my age who either aren't already married or have some "issue" which makes women run away screaming for the hills.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:12 AM

depends on how old I am partly, but also, personal grooming, presentation, and personality are the three general areas I look at in a woman. I've seen some women that I thought would be fun to date, that were significantly older.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriel View Post
Hell, I'm 32, and *I* would do Helen Mirren in a heartbeat.

OP, where are you at? I'm trying to decide if I should throw a "how YOU doin'" in here or not.
Wyoming, where, as they say, "Men are men and sheep are nervous." Hey, THAT'S the problem! Competition from SHEEP!

WAM and all others, thank you. My family still lives in Chicago, and sometimes I need some sensible feedback to keep my perspective.I'd move back there, but teaching jobs in Illinois are pretty much nonexistent. However, except for missing my family (except my daughter who attends a nearby college) and a dating life, I'm not unhappy. The scenery is gorgeous, the crime rate is ridiculously low, and a traffic jam is five cars at a stoplight. I count my blessings, just wish a single male was one of them.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

This thread is 43 posts long it about time somebody threw in the required comment. Since no one else will I will.
Pictures, this thread is meaningless without pictures.

Somebody had to say it.
Remember this motto to live by: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather one should aim to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, glass of Scotch in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! Man, what a ride!"
Old 08-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

I'm 45. I usually date women between 40 and 49. As far as age goes in a partner, attraction is inversely proportional to how much older she looks than me, not necessarily her calendar age. I look younger than my age, and often I'll meet women my age that look several years older than me. Then again, not too long ago, I met a woman that was 52, and was quite attracted to her. It didn't look like there was a significant age difference between us, though.

I live in a town where the major demographic group is Cruncho-Americans; it's a very well-known hippie haven. A lot of women don't dye their hair, so it's not uncommon to see someone in their mid-30s to mid-40s with frizzy, natural gray hair. Even if their face is free of wrinkles, the gray hair has a huge aging effect on how they appear. A crunchy woman in her mid-40s or early 50s will look 10 years older than her calendar age in my eyes, because of her "natural" frizzy gray hair. The other hairstyle that will age a woman is very short, bulbous "mom hair".

Last edited by elmwood; 08-13-2011 at 11:41 AM..
Old 08-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysdad View Post
"They don't yell, they don't tell, and they're grateful as Hell."
"They don't yell, they don't tell, they don't swell, and they're grateful as Hell.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Voodoo Adult (Slight Return)
Charter Member

"It's not the years, it's the mileage."

I can see myself being a lot more attracted to a 50-year-old who hasn't abused her body than a 30-year-old who spent a lot of time in the sun, partied too much, had "work" done, etc.

There's a current underwear commercial with a model who is probably in her 30s and looks like Margot Kidder might have looked if she hadn't discovered recreational drugs. I told my girlfriend when it was on, "If that *was* Margot Kidder, even however old she is, she'd be hot. But this chick just looks haggard."
Old 08-13-2011, 01:05 PM

You live in a very remote town in Wyoming. That makes for a very small pool.

Most middle-aged men are already in relationships. That shrinks your very small pool down to a puddle.

It's not you. It's not men. It's the size of the puddle.

Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam:

"If I could meet 'em I could get 'em
But as yet I haven't met 'em
That's how I'm in the state I'm in"
Old 08-13-2011, 01:14 PM