I ordered tacos today

and told the waitress(who was also the cook) “cheese,onion and tomato only!”

Thats what I got.

I was very polite when she served the food,I said"I’m sorry,I should have been more specific,can I have meat on these also?"

Gonna transport this to Cafe Society.

My wife once saw “chicken with poulet sauce” on a menu. She called the server over and asked her what “poulet sauce” was. She answered, “Well, it’s sauce for the chicken.”

I once ordered a carafe of what was listed as “vin rouge”. The server brought a carafe of white wine. I told her that this was not “vin rouge”. “Are you sure?” “Yep, pretty sure”.

Years ago, my wife ordered a chicken enchilada in a Mexican restaurant. As she started eating it, she noticed that there was no chicken in it and called the server over. “My enchilada doesn’t have any chicken in it.” “Oh, we’re all out of chicken.”

The last time I ever ate at a Denny’s, in response to the cashier’s question “how was everything?”, I replied “I haven’t seen my waitress since she brought the meal, no coffee refills, the bacon was half-cooked and the eggs were swimming in grease.” “Oh, okay.” :rolleyes:

Did you actually have to pay for the enchilada?

My sister was with me and ordered a nacho plate but said she"Didn’t want any beans". The watress said" oh,well I’m sorry, we mix the beans and chorizo together for that dish."
I asked her if they premade the chorizo\bean combination. She said"no".

I said “Ok, just leave the beans out when you make it.”

She gave :confused: look and said “Ok”

I once ordered an itlian sub at D’Angelos: lettuce, onion and mayo. I got lettuce, onion and ketchup. Who the hell puts ketchup on an italian sub?!

I think she paid the price for a cheese enchilada.

Were you at a real taco place? A traditional taco has only meat anyway (with some token chopped green onion), so by even mentioning foreign objects like cheese and tomato the waitress probably thought you were some kind of weird vegetarian.

When I first moved in to this neighborhood, I was excited to see a small Mexican restaurant less than half a mile from my house. We tried it out right away, and I ordered the beef enchiladas, which I think is a good dish on which to judge the worth of a Mexican restaurant.

When my dinner was placed before me, I thought the sauce looked, well, not quite right, but I dug in hoping to be surprised. I was shocked to find the filling was ground beef. Now, I have had enchiladas with ground beef before, and sometimes they are not bad, but this was just unseasoned, dry ground beef. No sauce, no cheese, no salt or pepper.

Then I noticed what was odd about the enchilada sauce. It took about ten seconds to pinpoint their recipe: brown gravy from a powdered mix, with chili powder added. It was disgusting, the worst enchilada I have ever had.

I called the waitress over, and told her how disappointed I was in the enchiladas; dry ground beef, brown gravy & chili powder, yada yada, and she says, “Really? We have people who come from all over for our enchiladas!”

We never went back, and it bugs me every time I drive by. What a waste; so close, yet so crappy.

One of our local restaurants has vegetarian tacos. Or your choice of 11 different meats – beef steak, bbq pork, chicken, bbq chicken, pork in green sauce, fried pork, tripe, sausage, tongue, brains, and/or neck. It also has fish tacos. Vegetarian could be a better option than mystery meat.

No not really,the owners are Mexicans but aren’t there very often,the waitress was about a 20 year old white girl. I think she was just an airhead.
I live in a small town in Michigan of about 1700.

Until you mentioned your location I thought perhaps you’d been to a place my sister orders from. She’s a vegetarian who orders from regular fast-food places. She’s trained workers at dozens of McDonald’s across the country to make her Double Big Macs…no meat. She pretty much always gets what she asks for!

Here in Tokyo we have very few “Mexican” restaurants. Almost all are of the Tex-Mex variety. The past couple of times I have gone to an “El Torito” location, I’ve been served flour tortillas that were cold to the touch. It seemed like they were warmed up and left to cool down. I asked the waitress why the tortillas were cold and she said, “Traditionally, that is how they are served in Mexico.” My reaction was, “uhmmm what?” I told her that growing up (I’m part Mexican) and in my numerous visits to Mexico, we never had cold tortillas for a regular meal. She said, “Oh really, I didn’t know that. I’m sorry, we’ll warm them up.”

Once went to a Dairy Queen drive-through and was told they had run out of ice cream.

I mean, really? Granted, we were there about fifteen minutes before closing, but all we wanted was a couple of vanilla cones. And they’re out of ice cream?

Once on the interstate in Indiana, I made the mistake of ordering a latte at Gloria Jean’s. It was disgusting and watery. When I asked where the milk was, the barista (and I use the term loosely) asked me basically what the hell was I talking about? There was no milk in a latte! When I insisted that in fact, latte was the Italian word for milk and that a latte was, by definition, mostly milk, she explained that she always made them with water.

Who the hell puts mayo on an Italian… oh, nevermind.

There’s a local Middle-Eastern cafe that I go to 1-2 times a month, which serves some pretty good riders and such, and their fries are good too. During the lunch hour I called to preorder for pickup, only to find that fries weren’t available that day, and I wondered just how could you possibly pull that off (all you need are some potatoes and a fry slicer, and there’s a grocery store right across the street).

My wife had the converse happen.
When we were in Florence (Italy, not Arizona), she ordered a “latte” at a cafe. The waitress looked at her strangely and said just milk? We both laughed and said that “latte” was short for “caffe latte” in the US.

Exactly the same thing happened to my wife!.

I didn’t believe her at first, then I tried some and–absolutely. Brown gravy!

Wtf? Where are you? Is this regional? (I’m in Indianapolis. A Texan going for Mexican in Indianapolis is… feeling much trepidation…)

Told this story here a few times.

Back about 15 years ago I went to Taco Bell (the one off 7 by Knollwood if you’re in the Twin Cities) and ordered three tacos for lunch. When I sat down, none of them had any cheese. I went back up to the counter and told them. The girl making the food rounded on me with a huge look of surprise on her face. You put cheese on your tacos??? Without a word, the supervisor jabbed her finger at the food ingredient chart posted above the station, tossed my tacos in the trash and stood there glaring. I said “You could have just given me some cheese.” Supervisor tells the girl to make three more and that they’re coming out of her pay.