Any other guys here not like the feeling/look/wearing of Compression Shorts?

Seems like there is a new fad in the last few years of a lot of guys wearing Under Armor or some type of compression shorts or shirt. In my opinion, they look very weird and they also feel weird too. When I run or do any work out I rather wear my baggy boxers with some shorts on top. Even if I wear Under Armor compression boxers with shorts on top, sure I don’t look weird, but they feel weird. Keeps everything so tight and doesn’t feel right, and I did pick the right size for my body type.

When I also see UFC fighters like George St. Pierre wearing the compression shorts to fight, I think it is gay, just my opinion. I prefer when fighters wear baggy shorts, guys like Koscheck and Chuck Liddel. That tight shit is weird.

What are your thoughts?

I wear New Balance running briefs when I run; they probably qualify as “compression shorts” (though I wear a pair of looser-fitting workout shorts on top of those). I prefer how they feel – I like having everything “settled” in one place, as it were, and I rarely, if ever, need to make an adjustment.

Then again, my “everyday” shorts are briefs, not boxers. If you normally wear boxers, I’m not surprised that you don’t like how compression shorts feel.

I have a few tighter-fit running shirts (tech fabric); I don’t entirely like their fit, as I still have about 5 pounds of spare tire which I need to banish. :slight_smile:

I love the shorts for tennis/running. Keeps everything in place.

This attitude will take you far in life.

4 posts. That didn’t take long. :rolleyes:

Yes, but I would be willing to bet that the OP would like to see Stephanie McMahon in compression shorts. :wink:

Do you think it’s ok to use “gay” in that context?

I wear them under shorts in lieu of a jock strap. Now that’s something that feels weird. I agree they look odd on men, but mine are never seen and the feel great.

Depends on the activity. As every day attire? No way. As a base layer under hockey equipment the shorts and shirt are the ticket. Great moisture wicking and no bunching.

I don’t think it is. If you are not referring to ice cream when using the word “gay” then you are using it in the wrong context. Expecially in 2011. Come on people get with the times.

Definitely nothing homoerotic about two men wrestling wearing the least amount of clothing possible.

Basically, Cubsfan’s posts for the last six months have been about how’s he not allowed to tell fag jokes since DADT was repealed. And that’s the only way he knows how to be funny!

Yeah I noticed his thread in the pit on this issue. Weird.

I think liking the Cubs is pretty funny, so there’s that.

It’s pretty gay if you ask me.

There are dude-on-dude blowjobs in UFC? Why didn’t anyone tell me about this before? What channel is this on, again?

Link?

It’s on gay stuff, not compression shorts. Sorry if I was unclear.

Same diff, amirite?

I don’t think they look too bad; pretty inoffensive as far as undies go, really. As for fit, I rather like them. I switched from the ol’ tighty-whities to boxer-briefs in my early 20s, and when I started commuting by bike I found that those chafed, so I tried out some compression shorts. They hold tight, don’t stretch out, and make sure my fat thighs slide past each other with ease. They even kinda, y’know, compress me a bit, which makes whatever I wear over them fit an eensy bit better.