What Would You Do If You Saw An Undeniable Alien Spacecraft?

What would you do if you saw an undeniable alien spacecraft/flying craft far beyond any known human technology… with all the details of the spacecraft seen in perfectly focused view in broad daylight, while you have a sober, healthy, sharp and clear mental condition and perfect vision, but you are left with no photo, video, witness, or physical proof? You have no doubt what you saw.

This is a multi choice public poll.

1. I’d tell EVERYONE; I’d feel obligated to tell what I saw to as many fellow Earthlings as I can.

2. I’d absolutely tell NO ONE/only my closest confidants as I know no one will believe me.
3. I’m a skeptic but I’d have to accept that we are indeed being visited by aliens/unknown beings not of our time.

4. I’m a skeptic who knows it is impossible, so I’d think about seeing a doctor about having hallucination.
5. I’m not ashamed or afraid to say What I saw.

6. I’ve nothing to gain by telling and have too much to lose to admit such thing.
7. I’d tell The Teeming Millions; Dopers would see that what I saw was real.

8. I wouldn’t tell The Teeming Millions because I know what happens from the past threads of this kind.
9. I choose not to vote; I’ll explain.

10. I choose not to vote nor would I explain because I know OP is trolling.

Seeing an undeniable advanced aircraft does not mean that it is piloted by aliens. I’d definitely post about it here, and tell others about it, but jumping to conclusions like that is just going to make you look like a loon.

“an undeniable alien spacecraft/flying craft far beyond any known human technology.”

“aliens/unknown beings not of our time

I couldn’t quite fit everything in the poll question windows hence I repeated everything in full version in the OP.

… and it is obviously a hypothetical question.

Splitting hair about what made you sure that it is an alien spaceship is not the point.

I’d look up the number to the nearest shrink. That’s not because I think meeting aliens is impossible, it’s just very unlikely. Extraterrestrial life has, so far, never been observed. Crazy people, on the other hand, are encountered by most of us on a daily basis. So, unless there is independent evidence to the contrary (such as, say, the aliens not only being seen by me but also turning up on CNN) the smart money is on me having lost my marbles.

First, I’d run to a pawn shop and purchase an old 8mm camera along with some ancient and grainy 8mm film. Then I’d run back to the site and photograph the spacecraft.

I would then contact Fox “News”, advising them of my discovery and they would immediately book me and my film to appear on live TV ASAP. Before arriving at the studio, I would consume vast quantities of beer so as to increase my credibility with the Fox viewers.

After my presentation, all the red states would collapse in a hail of panic inspired gunfire from heavily armed hunkered down Republicans so I guess this reply is more of a politically motivated diabolical scheme.

All well and good. But that doesn’t explain why you voted that you were choosing not to vote.

Because I felt that the OP’s poll questions were flawed. Like I said, there are more possibilities than “crazy!” and “aliens!”

I’d tell The Teeming Millions; Dopers would see that what I saw was real:

Is the closest to my response (they wouldn’t “see that it was real”, naturally). I’d post a thread with a title like “I just saw X; what the heck was it?!”

Not necessarily; as it happens it isn’t all that rare for a person to have a hallucination without being crazy. IIRC there’s something like a 1 in 5 chance in the average person’s lifetime. If it happened to me, I’d wait and if nothing similar happened I’d presume it was a one time glitch in the system.

Not trying to be too nitpicky, but what does this mean? I don’t know what the limit of human technology is. Someone is always try something somewhere, and we humans have done some pretty impressive things.

What could I possibly see that would convince me that humans couldn’t have done that?

There is a middle option; “I’m a skeptic, I acknowledge what I saw, but don’t know what to make of it with out more evidence.”

This is my choice.

This comes closest to my thinking.
I think I would go home and have a good stiff drink or several and then go to bed.
I guess this counts as “Other”

Wait! Even as I type this, there goes another one outside my window! I think I’ll have another drink!

I’d try to swipe a piece of technology, no matter how small.

If it could be understood, even just a little…

This is no brainer to me. Any view of such an event sufficient to convince me without doubt would have to be clear, close and for an extended duration. I’d film the hell out of it. Then I’d contact every media outlet I can manage and post it all over the net.

Grab my towel and stick out my thumb.

I would tell my Wife, because she would believe me, and who knows what might be happening next. I might also tell my cousin, whom is one of my closest friends.

Even if it can’t, that’s excellent proof of what you experienced. Memories can be false, people can lie, photos can be faked; but a piece of technology is a convincing piece of objective evidence.

I’d tell my shrink, and I’d not be afraid to tell anyone else what I saw, but it would be phrased as “You won’t believe what my senses tried to tell me they saw yesterday…”, because yes, I do believe seeing an alien spacecraft like laid out in the OP is impossible. It’s pretty much the same reaction I’d have if I heard the voice of god.

My votes, and reasoning:

1. Because everyone knows there’s no such things as little green men in flying saucers.

2. I trust my eyes and senses. In the spirit of the OP, I saw what I saw.

3. See #2. I do NOT want to be involuntarily committed to a rubber room and mandatory meds.

4. You can be viciously savaged on this board for saying that grass is green and the sky is blue, or that the 2nd. Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says one thing or another.

The fuck if I’d open myself up to something really controversial like admitting I’d seen an honest-to-God UFO with nothing more than my own eyewitness testimony.

Hell, even if I’d gotten photgraphic evidence, and made the raw data available (where experts can examine it to insure and declare that it has NOT been altered), I’d still wind up branded at best a harmless crank, and at worst a dangerous lunatic in need of court ordered medication and institutional observation.

Ditto. Probably refined as "Aerospace Dopers: I just saw… " Let the teeming mils tell me their hypotheses as to WTH was that. (Aand I’m another one asking, what is “undeniably alien” anyway?)

But it isn’t impossible, just highly unlikely. Aliens unlike gods break no laws of physics, and we haven’t reached the end of physical science so it’s also plausible they’d have craft that’s beyond what humans can build.

I do find it adds an extra layer of unlikeness that something spectacular enough to be clearly beyond what humans can make would show up and I’d be the only witness. If, say, some flying craft the size of an aircraft carrier flew over my home town on its nuclear drive within my sight there’d be tens of thousands of witnesses.