Jap's Fried Chicken fast food chain in Trinidad

So I’m guessing this place won’t be moving into the USA market?

Oh and if the name isn’t bad enough their logo is an asian man, see here:

Well, this is going to go over like a bomb. I have zero interest in this product; I wouldn’t be surprised if it harbors bacteria.

I was stunned when I first saw one, I’m guessing its one of those cultural difference things because it never even occurs to anyone else it could be offensive.

Everything else aside the chicken is fair, not as bad as KFC can be but nothing special either.

Never seen that Grude, but I’ve only lived in T&T for just over a year. Where are they located?

That looks like…Hugo Chavez

There is one in San Juan kinda hidden off the main intersection, another one on Western Main Road(Tragarete Road) by across from the string of bars by Smokey & Bunty’s. They seem to be popular and on an expansion(opening new locations).

I live in St. James but rarely venture as far down as S&B’s. I’ll look out for it next time I’m down there. Is the chicken better than Churches?

Their facebook site
ETA: Ha! From their “questions:” “How far you ever travel with your box of Japs?”
(And I agree, it looks more like Chavez. Maybe the owner is nicknamed “Jap?”)

Ok I actually have tried Jap’s twice now and it’s cheap and delicious, way cheaper than KFC or Churches. My husband just got a job across the road at Hio’s Oasis so I think we will be eating Japs fairly often :). A thigh and fries is only $13TT ($2US). That’s cheap even for fast food and their turnover is such that it won’t be sitting there long!

About “halfway” so to speak.

I would climb Mount Niitaka to get a taste of that chicken.

You’d be surprised.

This chain will sink like a rock in Arizona.

Ha! With Down syndrome. Hopefully nobody thinks it will give you cancer.

Maybe it’s revenge for Darkie toothpaste, misdirected because “they all look the same.” The grinning man got a race lift now, though, so it is less minstrelly.

‘Jap’ is not an offensive word in many countries. Americans need to get over themselves and respect other countries differences.

I hear the atomic chicken wings are to die for.

Yeah! Get over yourselves OP and other Americans. Stop disrespecting Trinidad somehow with stuff like this.

heh… I see what you did there…

I count 3

The guy doesn’t look Asian at all.

But how many do you count for the entire thread?