The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > The BBQ Pit

Old 04-19-2012, 02:02 PM
And Full Contact Origami
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bup View Post
Are you suggesting that Nugent fathered a child with Massa in Kenya?
And now... now it all starts to make sense.
Advertisements  
Old 04-19-2012, 02:02 PM

It's amazing what sort of tenuous dirt people try to make mud out of so they can sling it.

If I wanted to make Ted Nugent look like a cowardly dimwitted chickenhawk racist dirtbag and serial teen-chaser, I guess I'd probably stick to quoting, uh... Ted Nugent, and I'd have all the ammunition I needed.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricker View Post
What the fuck?
Oops, you should have ignored it. Now it is going to stick.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Chrissakes.

Ted Nugent fucked a lot of teenage girls. I don't believe this fact is disputed.

What's the friggin' argument? Pedophile? No, obviously not. Ebophonopolopolisophile or whatever the term for guys who fuck a lot teenage girls is -- that's the Nuge.

Can we get back to discussing what pant-pissing gun-nut he is now?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricker
The difference is that only one of us made a statement that sounded like we did know.
Well, in the country I'm from the age of consent is 16. I was under the impression that various states had their own laws, but none below that one, but I was mistaken. I don't think the accusations of paedophilia are warranted, but his actions would be classified as sexual assault here (oh, apparently he claimed to be a 'serial pedophile' on VH1 too).

I can't find any information on where the document was actually signed, but I did find this and this.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM

I am finding great pleasure in the fact that, right now as I type this, Nugent is crying like a little baby and begging the Secret Service agents to believe him that he was just joking.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricker View Post
By the way, Vinyl, how's that thing going with the hooker that gave you crabs? Did she turn out to be your cousin, or not?
No. But I know she's out there, and I won't stop searching even if it means fucking every crab-infested hooker on the Eastern Seaboard.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:54 PM
And Full Contact Origami
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerunknown View Post
Well, in the country I'm from the age of consent is 16. I was under the impression that various states had their own laws, but none below that one, but I was mistaken. I don't think the accusations of paedophilia are warranted, but his actions would be classified as sexual assault here (oh, apparently he claimed to be a 'serial pedophile' on VH1 too).

I can't find any information on where the document was actually signed, but I did find this and this.
ANd which text in which of those links supports which claims of yours?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:55 PM
And Full Contact Origami
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
No. But I know she's out there, and I won't stop searching even if it means fucking every crab-infested hooker on the Eastern Seaboard.
See, now, that's the spirit.
Of course, why you'd limit yourself to the Eastern Seaboard, that I don't know. But it's that kind of stick-to-it spirit that made our country great.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
I am finding great pleasure in the fact that, right now as I type this, Nugent is crying like a little baby and begging the Secret Service agents to believe him that he was just joking.
That, or they're all out somewhere together snorting coke and screwing some teenaged hookers.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:59 PM

The world according to Ted Nugent just has more of his opinions and thus adds to the list of adjectives one can use to describe him.

According to the DU post, in the VH1 vid, one of his daughters claims he brought a 13 year old home to have sex with.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
According to the DU post, in the VH1 vid, one of his daughters claims he brought a 13 year old home to have sex with.
Well, if that doesn't convince anyone, I don't know what will! I'll see if I can get my cousin to remember what his ex-wifes hairdresser told her.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoieGrasIsEvil View Post
I was totally kidding. That song sucks and is as monotonous as "Slow Ride".
I don't like that one either. It just goes on and on and on and on.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/04...ent-obama.htmlThe Secret Service is looking in to it.
How is it that Faux News had a meltdown when the Dixie Chicks merely said they were ashamed of Dubya? What a firestorm that was. Nearly ruined their careers.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace
Well, if that doesn't convince anyone, I don't know what will!
It's a cite for testimony. Admittedly, it's circuitous, but you can look up the VH1 episode if you want.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:01 PM
And Full Contact Origami
SDSAB

Quote:
The world according to Ted Nugent just has more of his opinions and thus adds to the list of adjectives one can use to describe him.

That's simply not a good summary of the post.

Here is the DU post:

Quote:
Does anyone remember the interview that Ted Nugent's daughters gave

It was his oldest daughters by his first marriage. Somewhere, there is a video of his oldest daughters telling a story about Ted bringing home a 13 year old year for a girlfriend when they were either living with him or visiting. They said it was really sad because the girl was so young all she wanted to do was play basketball.
Now I remember this video, barely, but you no how memories are. Is it real or am I just getting something else mixed up with Ted.
I already google Ted Nugent and child molester but all I got was a interview he gave saying "I want all child molesters dead". Funny because if I'm right he is one himself. Then I googled Ted Nugent and daughters and I'll I got was some song he wrote about daughters. I also got stuff about his possible leap into politics.
What I'm wondering is. Is my mermory real? Did I really see that interview on TV? If it exists. Where is it? How do I use google to get around Ted's "key word obsticles".
I think this has become relevent, since Nugent's wife is in Crawford cheerleading for the opposition. (she was just on Fox)
I find it hard to believe that the Nugents would be so stupid as to jump into this fight without having destoyed all traces of that videotaped interview first (if it exists) but maybe if there's a GAWD they may just be as arrogant and sloppy as the rest of the CONS!
Does anybody else remember anything about this interview? Or am I just crazy?
(emphasis added)
Old 04-19-2012, 06:11 PM

I swear, I heard about Ted's retarded comments on The Young Turks, and as soon as I saw this thread title I KNEW both Shodan and Clothy, the least honest "conservatives" (I don't think they even deserve that word though) would be playing dumb and acting like "I'll be dead or in jail!!" isn't a commonly used turn of phrase to threaten to do something worth...being dead or in jail.

edit: In the last few months these guys have pulled "ahead" even of Starving Artist who occasionally sees reason as the least genuine and/or insane righties on the board.

Last edited by rogerbox; 04-19-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppleBucky View Post
How is it that Faux News had a meltdown when the Dixie Chicks merely said they were ashamed of Dubya?
Overseas. Do you think no entertainers criticized Bush here in the good ol' US of A?

Note that I am not agreeing with the "meltdown", just explaining that it is different.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Different my balls. You know, we can see pictures from all the way across the ocean right away now. It doesn't matter where someone stands when they say the President is an asshole, or whatever - it carries the same weight in Cairo, Egypt as it does in Cairo, Ohio.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricker
That's simply not a good summary...
Was referring specifically to this one.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Overseas. Do you think no entertainers criticized Bush here in the good ol' US of A?

Note that I am not agreeing with the "meltdown", just explaining that it is different.
Was it different when Mitt Romney criticized the President when Obama was overseas?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:

Oh, that makes total sense.

Saying you're ashamed of the president to an overseas audience = terrible terrible thing that is deserving of Fox news folks having a fit, leading to threatened boycott of the band, and right wing blogs exploding with fury.

While saying to a National RIFLE Association audience that if the president get's re-elected, you will either be dead or in jail = Perfectly fine, no problem, everyone look away.

No wait, that makes no sense at all. Comparison fail.

Last edited by Euphonious Polemic; 04-19-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Was it different when Mitt Romney criticized the President when Obama was overseas?
Backwards. They don't criticize the president when they are overseas, regardless of the president's location. That's why Sarah Palin got in so much trouble when she was critical of Obama while visiting Hong Kong. The Tea Party and Fox News were all over her for that one. Killed her career when neither of them ever invited her to speak or interviewed her again.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oops, you should have ignored it. Now it is going to stick.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 PM

I got a call from an NRA fundraiser tonight. I told him I would never donate another penny until Nugent is off the board. Felt good...felt good.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Shit, I'm been hearing about him for years now! Remember way back, when I first heard that he didn't do any drugs, I thought to myself now there is an excellent idea! if there's anybody in the world who shouldn't even risk de-caff, its him.
I'd forgotten what a joy it was to read your posts.
I hope Doc Cathode is still around.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM

Hey, dude! Where ya been? Take yer shoes off, stay a while....
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
I got a call from an NRA fundraiser tonight. I told him I would never donate another penny until Nugent is off the board. Felt good...felt good.
Nice.

Did the fundraiser say anything?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
No, it wasn't. And, interestingly enough, your cite is about Boehner chastising Romney for that remark made overseas.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
Different my balls. You know, we can see pictures from all the way across the ocean right away now. It doesn't matter where someone stands when they say the President is an asshole, or whatever - it carries the same weight in Cairo, Egypt as it does in Cairo, Ohio.
That's your opinion. Why don't you start a boycott of Ted Nugent and report back to us how it's working.

See, here's the thing. When your audience is invested in "x" ideology and you trash "x" ideology, they might not want to buy your product. Rational or not, that's the way it works. If you audience is highly uninvested in "y" ideology and you trash "y" ideology, then you don't have to worry so much about your customers buying your product.

Last edited by John Mace; 04-19-2012 at 08:37 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Nice.

Did the fundraiser say anything?
He stuttered for a few moments, then thanked me for my time and hung up.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Say hi to Sarah Palin for me.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
The guy wrote a freakin' song called Wang Dang Sweet Poontang for Christ sake.
Never teach a pig to sing.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
*slow clap*
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:

"They are callow foolish women who deserve to be slapped around"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kan8ZPBPqo
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppleBucky View Post
"They are callow foolish women who deserve to be slapped around"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kan8ZPBPqo
And...?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
An excellent example of a statement with no implied threat (unless you're threatened by the idea of Baldwin's emigration). Now print that out, print out the Nuge's statement, put them side by side, and concentrate very very hard while squinting, and maybe it will come to you. Pretend it's one of those "spot the differences" puzzles your grandkids solve for you when you get stuck.
Guess what?

There is no implied threat in Nugent's statement. Deal with it.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 PM
And Full Contact Origami
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothahump View Post
Guess what?

I'm a Lifetime NRA member. I say that to suggest that my sympathies generally lie with the pro-gun side of a debate.

Can you explain to me what his remark meant?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 PM

"Mature musician seeks much, much younger woman with adventurous spirit. Must be willing to perform oral sex on automatic weapons, locked and loaded, safety off! No fat chicks."
Old 04-20-2012, 02:59 AM

In a rare Secret Service double-bust, not only did they find Nugent was making a serious threat on Obama's life, they also found him trying to pass off this counterfeit currency as real.

This is one of the first times that the Secret Service has fulfilled both its roles of protecting the president's life and stopping counterfeit money from entering circulation at the same time.

Last edited by drewtwo99; 04-20-2012 at 03:00 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 AM

I thought about organizing a boycott of Nugent, but then I heard that he was playing the county fair here next week, and I realized that people have already been boycotting him for years.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtwo99
this counterfeit currency
Are ribs stereotypically black food?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Guess what?

Then you must have some other explanation in mind for why he would be either dead or in jail. What is it?

You're simply not smart enough to think on your own. You only embarrass yourself when you try. Deal with that.

But it's still a huge mistake to let Roger Ailes do it for you.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
That's your opinion. Why don't you start a boycott of Ted Nugent and report back to us how it's working.

See, here's the thing. When your audience is invested in "x" ideology and you trash "x" ideology, they might not want to buy your product. Rational or not, that's the way it works. If you audience is highly uninvested in "y" ideology and you trash "y" ideology, then you don't have to worry so much about your customers buying your product.
First of all, you should really leave algebra out of it, because I don't have the foggiest idea what you're babbling about. Secondly, let me know if the Nuge has recorded anything relevant in the last 30 years and I promise not to buy it.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Well, OK, if feeling in a generous frame of mind, I'd be willing to consider that Ol' Ted was having a batshit paranoid moment of believing that if reelected Barry O will THEN launch his evil socialist campaign to round up conservatives, capitalists, Christians and gun-owners into concentration camps. In the end it all winds up with a "God bless the great professionals in the Secret Service, thank you for your service" communiqué. Because, hey, they could oblige his fantasies...

OTOH what sort of sicko would want Hillary Clinton to suck his precious machine guns?? Dude's out of control.

BTW re: the teenage chicks, I have to cut old-school 60s/70s rockers some slack on the Mann Act or else half the R&R HoF would be in jail or on the offenders registry. Different times. At least we can believe this guy doesn't cling to his guns in compensation for his dick (... but rather in compensation for having been a shit-my-pants-before-the-draft-board wuss back when he could have put up for real?).
Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 AM

In the news - he's been cleared by the Secret Service -

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ice/?hpt=hp_t2
Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDelirious View Post
At least we can believe this guy doesn't cling to his guns in compensation for his dick (... but rather in compensation for having been a shit-my-pants-before-the-draft-board wuss back when he could have put up for real?).
No reason it can't be both. After all, one thing about teenagers is that most of them haven't seen enough dicks to realize how unimpressive his is.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
First of all, you should really leave algebra out of it, because I don't have the foggiest idea what you're babbling about. Secondly, let me know if the Nuge has recorded anything relevant in the last 30 years and I promise not to buy it.
Sorry if algebra sounds like "babble" to you. I'll put it in 3rd grade math language for you:

If the Dixie Chicks have 10,000,000 fans and 8,000,000 voted for Bush, how many fans do they lose if they apologize to Londoners for being from the same state as Bush?

If Ted Nugent has 1,000,000 fans (just being generous) and none of them voted for Obama, how many fans does he lose if he trash talks Obama?

Let me know if you need that dumbed down any more.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Sorry if algebra sounds like "babble" to you. I'll put it in 3rd grade math language for you:

If the Dixie Chicks have 10,000,000 fans and 8,000,000 voted for Bush, how many fans do they lose if they apologize to Londoners for being from the same state as Bush?

If Ted Nugent has 1,000,000 fans (just being generous) and none of them voted for Obama, how many fans does he lose if he trash talks Obama?

Let me know if you need that dumbed down any more.
And what does any of that have to do with the propriety of criticizing one's leaders, either at home or while they're overseas - which is totally worse - as you so astutely noted?

I don't give two turds about the Dixie-Chicks or their fans. Even less about Ted Nugent.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Guess what?

No. You're too stupid to see an implied threat. There is a difference.

Clothy, have you considered not talking about stuff you don't understand? Normally, I'd support asking questions, but I think you might not be able to learn.