Arizona official may keep Obama off the ballot

No, really.

Arpaio’s “investigation.”

I don’t understand why the mainstream media is so quiet about all the voter suppression techniques the Republicans are using. Trying to keep Obama off the ballot is pretty blatant, but no less insidious than requiring driver’s licenses (which many students and seniors don’t have) and the like.

Sheriff Joe’s “Cold Case Posse,” BTW, is an actual official volunteer organization associated with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office – just like the MCSO’s other posses. The CCP is supposed to be about this:

But on the home page, you’ll see nothing but Birther-crap.

Are they asking for the same documentation for Romney? If not, this is pure BS.

Oh, c’mon, Romney’s a Mormon, he’s got birth-and-genealogy documentation coming out his ass. :wink:

If Florida isn’t careful, they’re going to lose their crown as “First state to pop into my head when something incredibly fucking stupid happens.”

Arizona is really making a play for the number one spot lately.

:mad: Upstarts!

The mainstream media will only cover a story from a non-partisan perspective. If they can’t say, “Both sides do it,” they get flummoxed.

Fair representation of the facts will often favor one side or another. Those of strong wills don’t expect every bloody newspaper article to put both parties in a similar light. The media should stop pandering to the puerile and start reporting the goddamn facts.

It’s because they’re filthy Marxists, with all that thesis and antithesis stuff. Bloody wooden trichotomies.

From an update on that story:

"On Thursday, Bennett said he sent his request to Hawaii officials eight weeks ago but has yet to get the proof he was hoping for. He said he didn’t want another copy of the birth certificate. He wants Hawaii to give him what he described as “a verification in lieu of a certified copy of a birth certificate.”

In the weeks since then, Bennett said, Hawaii officials have forced him to provide proof that he is who he says he is. They asked him to send them copies of the Arizona laws that prove the secretary of state really is the person in charge of handling the ballots. "

If it’s not already underway, I think Hawaii should continually deny his requests based on a rejection of his claim to be who he says he is. Reject any documentation provided, from statements on letterhead to a personal note from the governor. Claim they’re insufficient. Claim they’re fraudulent. Claim that parts may be correct–that the secretary of state is making a request–but that he hasn’t sufficiently proven that he’s the actual secretary of state. Require more and more documentation to prove that he is, from live birth records through elementary school progress reports.

Don’t just move the goalposts, shove them deep up his ass.

this could lead to the largest number of write-in votes for a candidate ever (on a state’s ballot). the state will get a footnote in the history books.

Clearly, he’s banking his credit with the asstards now.

I admire a man who plans ahead.

I’m beginning to think we should give Arizona and Texas back to Mexico.

Oh no you don’t!

The Phoenix area I live does have democratic representation and they show sanity (unfortunately they are usually in the minority in the Arizona congress), now if you could find a way to ship all the red areas to Mexico with the exception of a good chunk of Phoenix and Tucson you will be welcomed.

You’re just gonna have to take one for the team. :slight_smile:

The Civel War settled succession, but has anybody explored the idea of expulsion?

Nitpick: Secession.

nm

The mainstream media tends to favor the Republicans.

Once again, Mexico gets screwed by the US. :smiley: