OH! My Brothers On The SDMB! Let us mourn for our fellow Man! Newslink

Woman accused of bare-hand castration

EYYYEEEEE!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The horror…the horror

Two things stand out in that article. (No, not those.)
From the linked article.

This happens often enough that there’s a separate charge?

HOW!???

Wow, that chick has some serious balls.

I wasn’t aware that they could be squeezed out. I can imagine that it was so painful as to be difficult to defend oneself, but I expected to see a puffy eye on her at least.

“She allegedly pulled down her pants and urinated in the backseat of the patrol car.”
I’m not in favor of police abuse, but I think I might have parked the patrol car on a railroad crossing and walked away.

If you squeeze a grape just right, comes right out of its peel. Especially, if as many women do, you have long nails.

I’m betting she’s been praticing on zits for years and finally decided to go for the gold.

I am a sister and I will mourn, too! :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::frowning:
AYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Aaiiieeeeee!

:: curls up in a corner whimpering ::

Hmmm… malicious castration? What other kind of criminal castration is there? And I wonder whether there is 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree castration charges?

Yeah, but they weren’t always hers! :eek:

I assume it’s related to the Penal Law. :slight_smile:

Here’s the statute:

Note that the law, in some form or other, appears to go all the way back to 1831. It’s also the very first entry in Article 8 - Assaults of the Criminal Law.

Those 1831 lawmakers were more on the ball than one would have thought.

I was wondering if there was such thing as non-malicious castration.

I’m sure there is, but it’s probably not a crime. In fact, historically it’s been used as a punishment for a sex crime.

What, benevolent castration?

I’m reminded of a case I read about in the news years ago, where a woman was attacker by a would be rapist, managed to rip his balls off and then showed up at a police station to drop the evidence off in a baggie at the front desk.

Consider:

Note the underlined; if someone managed to castrate a man accidentally but still criminally (by irresponsibly discharging a firearm, say) then it wouldn’t be malicious castration, but it would still be criminal.

Male-to-female gender reassignment surgery comes to mind. So does removal due to malignant cancer. Also, in theory I suppose a man could become allergic to his own testosterone; I recall reading of a case where a woman had her ovaries removed because she became allergic to her own sex hormones, to the extent of her menstrual cycle sending her into shock.

The potential victim should have forcefully said to her “I want you to calm down. Right. Now.” Then just walked away. Sure she would have hated him for doing so, but as long as she calms down, what does he care?

Well, how about when it’s voluntarily done due to a castration fetish?

Not that that’s criminal. The accidental-but-still-criminal examples fit better.

Right.

And, in fact, the next section in the Assaults article of NC criminal law says:

And that law goes all the way back to 1754.

My assumption (and it’s only a guess) is that the earlier iterations of these anti-castration laws were designed, in considerable measure, to prevent revenge or honor crimes, where some guy would find out that some other guy had fucked his wife or daughter, and go after his jewels with a knife.

Bail was set at $20,000.00. Or 10K a ball.