North Korean pop star? The new Kim's new squeeze?

Found this pretty amusing (to me) story about a “mystery woman” who has been shown twice now keeping company with the newest lil’ Kim. She seems quite attractive, so I certainly can’t fault Kim’s taste. But he’s probably crushing the dreams of millions of little North Korean girls who wanted to grow up and be at his side.

But what I really like about the story was the list of the woman’s hit songs, including:

I’ve heard of “hung like a horse” but not “vagina’s as big as a horse’s”

Obviously, something got lost in translation, here.

Maybe it’s s story song about an excellent horse which likes a lady.

Or maybe it’s what the vendors shout when they’re working the stands at North Korean sporting events; “I have some excellent barbecued horse for sale, you’ll like this, lady” but it gets shortened to speed things up.

I think it’s more like, “the excellent lady who works like a horse for the Revolution.”

I don’t think the North Korean government would approve of a song like that. The official party line is that people don’t have to pull plows and such because horses are plentiful.

Not literally like a horse, but figuratively, something akin to tirelessly.

NPR has a link to the video of the ‘hit song’ as well as a translation of the lyrics, courtesy of a helpful reader.

All I can make of it, even with a translation, is that she’s an excellent lady who likes at least one male horse.

Frau Blucher?

I think I called it right with “horses are plentiful”.
ETA: Whiinnnnnneey!

Wrong country, but first thing I thought of.

The message? “Our leadership is not a total sausage fest”

Let’s see:
[ul]
[li]Kim was ordered by Daddy-Kim not to go to Japan & visit Disneyland[/li][li]Kim was banned from banging his pop-tart GF by Daddy-Kim[/li][li]Hi Opal[/li][/ul]

Now, Kim gets live Disney & trots out his Red Guard Madonna-be in public.

He’s saying : “Daddy-Kim’s dead, & I can do what I want! WHHHEEEEE!”
I predict a coup.

That was a different brother that went to Japan Disney. He lives in China now.

I generally agree with the “More Human Face” idea behind his new leadership. Daddy and Granddad never showed their wives in public (and had legions of sex slaves) and were all about the glorious hardcore always serious dictatorship. Grandson is trying to show a more human and compassionate face to his people and appears to be working to make some aspects of their lives (just not the political or economic ones) more pleasant.

He does need to start slow and, unfortunately, throw a lot incredibly stupid hardcore anti-American bones to the old guard, or they’ll get rid of him (cough car accident cough). Sadly, it will probably take him 20 years for all those guys to die off and be replaced by his people.

But that doesn’t mean I expect any sort of radical change out of NK in my lifetime.

Lil’ Kim has apparently married the woman, or at least a woman, according to this AP Story. She has a different name than the woman named in the OP story – hard to say whether he found another woman on short notice, or whether she was misidentified in the original story.

Perhaps “Secretariat” doesn’t translate well from Korean.

Somewhere, there’s a pony that’s crying…

North Korea: If Organized Crime Was Used as a Model to Run a Country

According to this story, it is the same woman who he’s been photographed with several times over the last few months. No explanation of why a different name, though,

How do you even have a hit single in North Korea? Do they even allow the sale of music in that country, and how many people could legitimately afford to buy it? Or is “hit songs” a euphemism for “it’s what the government tells people they would like”?

They distribute the recordings as wax disks that eventually get used as candles when the artist falls out of official favor.