West Wing Ad: Best PSA I have ever seen!

And I have never seen West Wing, plus I really hate political ads.

But this is great!!

I miss West Wing so much. :frowning:

Well, technically, it’s not really a PSA. It’s a full-on political ad for Michigan Supreme Court candidate Bridget Mary McCormack.

I have to say, though, that this is the MOST EFFECTIVE POLITICAL AD EVER, in my opinion, as it is the only political ad to ever move me to vote for a person that I had basically no knowledge of beforehand, and therefore very little motivation to vote for. This ad worked, she now has my vote. Politically, my views are pretty-much in line with Sheen’s, so if he’s on board with BMM, then she’s all right in my book.

Three things:

1. That was awesome.

2. Is this a real ad for some campaign?

3. The modern oval office lacks gravitas.

and,

Is this an Apocalypse Now?? :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue:
eta:rats, I’m too slow!

Janel Maloney looks very, very buxom, am I wrong? I see she had a baby a few years ago, but wow.

Also, I want to be Allison Janney when I grow up. Though gaining another foot in height seems unlikely, I’d take the “apparently not aging whatsoever”.

oh man…nostalgic waves rolling in… loved that spot.

I thought Bradley Whitford was the only one who didn’t look just like their West Wing days.

Cool ad.

StG

No Rob Lowe, though. Too busy running for re-election in Orange county? I was hoping, just a little, that Mrs Landingham would show.

She’s dead in real life now too, unfortunately. :frowning:

And, dammit, I was too sentimental to have her in the Death Pool.

Damn. :frowning:

I think I might have known that…

WOW! That was dynamite!

I miss The West Wing so much… The Newsroom doesn’t even come close. <sob>

I love that President Martin Sheen put his jacket on in that weird way of his at the end. :slight_smile:

Actually, I did think of it as a PSA. From the sounds of it, there ARE people who don’t realize that voting a straight party line won’t cover all the bases. I know I was one of them in college, hehe. Got to the end of my first ballot and was like “What is all this?”

Wow, how did they ever get this ad done? All those characters are owned by the tv network.

It was a great ad. Loved the way Josh pointed out the split voting section on the ballot. Thats so much like what they did on the show.

I can’t believe how easily they fell back in their characters.

Oh that was brilliant! I hope this is the start of a thing. Having TV characters do political ads would be a huge relief.

This reminded me of an idea I had a while back for some guerrilla-style, amateur campaign videos comprised completely of wisdom, insight, and “zinger” clips from The West Wing.

That show had a unique way of making certain complex political issues much easier to grasp for people who aren’t politicians or policy wonks. There’s a whole lot of material to work with, and some of the issues they dealt with back then are even more in the forefront of politics today.

Someone with more video-editing ability (and motivation) than me really oughta take that idea and run with it.

I understand there are two versions- one to endorse the judicial candidate who happens to be the sister of a cast member and another straight PSA with no endorsement.

What characters? They’re just a bunch of people talking about voting. I didn’t see any suggestion any of them were playing some characters from some no-longer-running tv show. :slight_smile: