Jake Harper's awards

I just watched the opening to this season’s Two and a Half Men in which Jake Harper appears in his Army uniform. Evidently my eyes are worse than I thought they were. I cannot make out the awards on his uniform. Anyone know what those awards are? Thanks!

The ribbons looked to me to be National Defense Medal and Good Conduct Medal. Couldn’t get enough of a view of his badge or brass to tell his branch, but probably a combat badge based on the wreath. Of course that doesn’t make sense since he is a cook and hasn’t been overseas.

Thanks. The Good Conduct doesn’t make sense either as that’s after three years. For a moment, I thought, “Hey, what’s he doing with a CIB?” Then I dismissed that thought because, as you say, he hasn’t deployed yet. Finally, I remembered that it’s just television and I shouldn’t expect accuracy.

Correct on the Good Conduct Medal. Not a CIB for sure, too round. May be somthing like a combat armor badge, combat medic badge. Collar brass sort of looks like armor. Don’t have an HD TV or HD eyes so can’t really say.

It also looked to me like he was wearing the Infantry branch insignia but without the blue backing and the blue cord (Drat, I can’t remember the name of that cord!). Again, the image on the screen wasn’t clear enough for me to distinguish the thing definitely. IIRC, the Army’s cooks are in the Supply Corps.

In last nights episode he was wearing a 3rd ID patch on his right shoulder(combat) but no patch on his left. I don’t imagine that is anything more than a placement error in the wardrobe dept.

Just noticed, because I didn’t see the show last year; however, I saw him in the Army ACU and noticed his combat patch is on wrong. That’s the combat patch for 3rd Infantry Division, Ft. Stewart, GA. The dark corners of the striped patch are supposed to face the upper-left and lower-right, NOT the lower-left and upper-right.
Even the SY FY channel gets things right when they have officers and enlisted in proper uniforms.

The cord , could it be a lanyard or a fourragere ?

That’s it!