Thank you, ZZZQuil

I sometimes have trouble sleeping. Tends to happen in blocks - I’ll sleep poorly one night, then be anxious about sleeping poorly so it’ll happen again, and then the next day the fatigue headache will keep me from sleeping properly … and so on, until I’m so exhausted that I fall asleep and stay asleep for the whole night, and then I’m fine.

Had one of those cycles starting this week, managed to short-circuit it with ZZZQuil. Ahhh.

Candid Gamera, did it cause any side effects with you? Whenever I take something to make me sleep, I get nightmares. I’d be willing to try this stuff if it didn’t give me nightmares. I’m so tired today I can barely keep my eyes open and have a headache that’s growing exponentially.

Since this looks like it’s going to be an anecdotes-and-advice medical thread, I’ll move it to IMHO from MPSIMS.

Yeah that stuff is great. I’m glad Nyquil makes it because the ingredient that used to make me sleep in the regular Nyquil was switched out for another that doesn’t work for me at all.

It’s like Benadryl in drinkable form. It doesn’t have any adverse effects on me.

My dreams were more vivid than on average - I can’t definitely ascribe that to the medication, though. Could’ve just been an “up” night for my dreaming. That said, I can honestly say I rarely get nightmares, no matter what the circumstances, so I’m afraid my experience may be even less applicable to you. The last thing I had that made my dreams disturbing was a cough syrup with codeine in it.

As far as side-effects - no, just the intended drowsiness. :slight_smile:

It’s exactly Benadryl, with different inactive ingredients. :slight_smile:

ZZZquil is a liquid, no?

There’s no way in hell I could get myself to drink that. No way, no how. I’ll stick to the generic sleep aid pills they sell.

It is also available as a gelcap. Which is how I bought it.