Whatcha Readin' Dec 2012 Edition

As always this time of year - First and foremost Happy Birthday to me! Tomorrow I’ll be 51.

I’m reading the newest Dresden by Jim Butcher and so far I’m enjoying it. Next up after that will be the newest Iron Druid Trapped.
November’s thread.

Reading Sempster’s Tale by Margaret Frazier… I have a love hat realtionship with Sister Frevisse, she’s too detached to laove but I can’t hate her either…

Up next will be Murder Most Medieval, a collection of short stories.

OH! And Happy Birthday Khadaji!

**Khadaji: ** Happy Birthday tomorrow!

DZedNConfused: I want a love hat too.

Oh good heavens! I even edited that once!

Love Hate relationship, I blame NaNoWriMo all my brain cells are DEAD! but I won

Yays! That’s a real accomplishment.

I’m stuck in 1972. I polished up Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72, by Hunter S Thompson a couple weeks ago, and now I’m almost through All the President’s Men, by Woodward and Bernstein.

Thank you, this was one story that really didn’t want to come out of my head.:stuck_out_tongue:

Have you tried the Joliffe books? I like them a bit better, though I quite like Sister Frevisse. I cannot hide my love of the medieval period.

Happy Birthday, youg 'un!

Still on A Mencken Chrestomathy, which I just recently started. Selected writings by HL Mencken.

I haven’t yet, they are on my list of things to check out. I gotta read some of these piles down first :smiley:

Happy Birthday Khadaji.

I am reading Marmee and Louisa: The Untold Story of Louisa May Alcott and Her Mother by Eve LaPlante. It’s sort of depressing. Basically Alcott’s father was a head in the sand philosopher who did not want to or couldn’t do much work. Abigal Alcott was constantly pregnant, contantly in debt and contantly barely able to feed her family. As a woman during that period she had no rights at all. They both bravely stood up against slavery and for integration and full rights for African Americans. But bravely alone was not enough to ward off near constant homelessness.

B-but, you’re supposed to drop everything and go read them RIGHT NOW so I can know what you think! :smiley:

Bahahahaha! Umm well money, I errrr got bored over the summer and spent WAY too much on books.:smack: But I check the Paperback Exchange here on a regular basis.

Happy birthday, Khadaji! I’m reading Cold Days as well.

About to finish Johannes Cabal:The Fear Institute by Jonathan Howard. Going to start reading Dead Harvest and The Collector by Chris Holm

Mmmmm finished The Sempter’s Tale and yeah…

Do ANY of these books end with the murderer getting punished?

Started Making Money… I need some Discworld right now.

Terry Pratchett’s novel Wintersmith. Excellent as usual.

I enjoyed it a lot… nice reading during a summer heatwave!:smiley:

Just polished off Deathless. I loved it when I started, but it lost me. Felt like I was lacking the necessary cultural grounding. The writing was lovely, though.

Just started Oliver Sacks’s Hallucinations. I’m looking forward to it, because Oliver Sacks is in the dictionary for both “win” and “awesome.”

Team of Rivals, Doris Kearns Goodwin (biography of Lincoln, if you don’t know).