The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Two Many Cats Two Many Cats is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Stupidest Looking Death Scenes

I nominate the otherwise fine movie Rope by Alfred Hitchcock.

At the beginning of the movie, the two killers are murdering a buddy of theirs by strangling him with a rope. As the camera pulls back from the victim, it shows him standing inside a chest, standing up between the two killers. I suppose we're to assume that the victim didn't put up a fight since everyone is in evening clothes, and there's not a hair out of place on anyone. Nice of the victim to climb obligingly into the storage chest for these fellas. Also considerate of him to stand politely until his killer announces he's dead, and then plop neatly into the chest. No wonder these thrill killers chose this guy. He's so cooperative.

Okay, the scene took less than a minute, and the rest of the movie was all cool and evil in the best way possible. I guess the two killers are supposed to be holding the body up between them, but it really looks like the way I described it.
Why couldn't one of the killers have been holding the guy's arms behind his back on the ground while the other strangled him, and then both of the killers put the body in the storage chest? At least, that would've been more convincing.

I just saw the movie Unfaithful which has a murder that's almost as laughable. But what do you guys think? Any others?
Reply With Quote
Advertisements  
  #2  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM
eschereal eschereal is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I thought the death scene of Mr. Spock in Wrath of Khan was just about as bad as it gets. Maudlin, tedious and not particularly believable.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Morbo Morbo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 9,122
Any scene where a character suddenly gets run over by a speeding bus.

(I always imagine the bus driver in those scenes, not swerving / honking / slamming on the brakes. Is he all, "Uh-oh! Well, that's a shame.")
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Lemur866 Lemur866 is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The Middle of Puget Sound
Posts: 16,977
Well, nobody can see the bus coming, because it's outside the frame of the camera. It's tragic but what are the characters supposed to do? Look outside the frame? Also, buses are completely silent until they ram into someone, and have to travel at 50 miles an hour through suburban streets and crowded city intersections.

This is how giant creatures like Tyrannosaurs and Godzilla can sneak up on people...hide just outside the camera frame and you're invisible and inaudible.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Boyo Jim Boyo Jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 30,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur866 View Post
... Also, buses are completely silent until they ram into someone, and have to travel at 50 miles an hour through suburban streets and crowded city intersections....
Well, what do you expect? If they slow below 50 mph they'll explode.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Sam A. Robrin Sam A. Robrin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2010
You would have to have a heart of stone to watch Debra Winger's death scene in Terms of Endearment without laughing....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Namkcalb Namkcalb is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
House of Flying Daggers

The female protagonist dies and resurrects about 10 times
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Boyo Jim Boyo Jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 30,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namkcalb View Post
House of Flying Daggers

The female protagonist dies and resurrects about 10 times
Which reminds me -- Kenny, every episode. Well, they stopped that at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Balance Balance is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo Jim View Post
Well, what do you expect? If they slow below 50 mph they'll explode.
Hey, now, this thread is about stupid death scenes, not stupid plots.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Sleeps With Butterflies Sleeps With Butterflies is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Charlie Sheen in Young Guns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxxa8EQFpE
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Bryan Ekers Bryan Ekers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur866 View Post
Also, buses are completely silent until they ram into someone
Damn you, hybrid technology!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:50 AM
drewtwo99 drewtwo99 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 8,577
Garbage day!!!! - A short youtube clip of a particularly memorably bad death scene.

Last edited by drewtwo99; 01-05-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Biggirl Biggirl is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right here
Posts: 15,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam A. Robrin View Post
You would have to have a heart of stone to watch Debra Winger's death scene in Terms of Endearment without laughing....

I thought I was the only one in the theater laughing. Good to know I'm not alone.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 AM
pseudotriton ruber ruber pseudotriton ruber ruber is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outer Control
Posts: 10,394
My bro and I were expelled forcibly from a theater when we couldn;t stop laughing at the death scene in Love Story.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 AM
ftfu ftfu is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2010
There is a death scene in The Dark Knight Rises that is cringeworthy. If you've seen the movie you know what I'm referring to. It definitely should have been reshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI1uyniDe8c
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Banquet Bear Banquet Bear is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
...Paul Reubens in Buffy, the Movie.


(Spoiled because it links to Live Link and occasionally they have NSFW adverts pop up.)
SPOILER:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e4_1308477349


Okay, who am I kidding. That death was awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 AM
aruvqan aruvqan is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Eastern Connecticut
Posts: 15,483
I thought there was a line in The Rope about killing him from behind in the armchair on the right side of the set, the one that Jimmy Stewart sat in at one point.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-05-2013, 08:51 AM
mack mack is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
The helicopter hit scene in Godfather 3.

Highlighted by:

Orange rolling off the fruit tray

"My coat! my lucky coat!"

"Zaza you son of a bitch!" *shakes fist*
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Maserschmidt Maserschmidt is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,028
The worst death scene ever is Gerard Depardieu you at the end of Cyrano de Bergerac. He staggers around for three minutes, and then at the end gasps out: "...at least I had...." (long, long pause)

SPOILER:
...panache."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Maserschmidt Maserschmidt is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...Paul Reubens in Buffy, the Movie.


(Spoiled because it links to Live Link and occasionally they have NSFW adverts pop up.)
SPOILER:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e4_1308477349


Okay, who am I kidding. That death was awesome!
That is the ONLY thing I remember about that movie!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Tixenfleaz Tixenfleaz is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftfu View Post
There is a death scene in The Dark Knight Rises that is cringeworthy. If you've seen the movie you know what I'm referring to. It definitely should have been reshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI1uyniDe8c
That's what I came in to post. For some odd reason that scene actually made me feel a bit embarassed.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:17 AM
kaylasdad99 kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 21,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...Paul Reubens in Buffy, the Movie.


(Spoiled because it links to Live Link and occasionally they have NSFW adverts pop up.)
SPOILER:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e4_1308477349


Okay, who am I kidding. That death was awesome!
Word. Greatest death scene EVAR!

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 01-05-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Morbo Morbo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 9,122
I hesitated to post this one, b/c I think it's kind of awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Mann Slaughter Mann Slaughter is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
I hesitated to post this one, b/c I think it's kind of awesome.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

POW!
"Aggggghhhhhhhh!" (Squeezes a blood capsule against his belly)
POW!
"Aggggghhhhhhhh!" (Falls over dresser)
POW!
"Aggggghhhhhhhh!" (Gets up and spreads himself against the wall)
POW!
Lather, rinse repeat!

I was once a big fan of poorly-dubbed 'Kung-Fu Theater' movies from the 70's, so I've seen some bad movies, with ludicrous death scenes but this one tops them all! Great find, "Morbo"!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Miller Miller is online now
Sith Mod
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bear Flag Republic
Posts: 36,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
I hesitated to post this one, b/c I think it's kind of awesome.
I like how he starts screaming all over again every time she shoots him.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Bryan Ekers Bryan Ekers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
I like how he starts screaming all over again every time she shoots him.
Well, she was only supposed to shoot him once, but the director couldn't choose a method so they tried multiple takes. Then the film was running short so the editor used them all.


Personally, I nominate Trinity's scene from Matrix Revolutions. I don't think anyone in the theater was taking it seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Two Many Cats Two Many Cats is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
I thought there was a line in The Rope about killing him from behind in the armchair on the right side of the set, the one that Jimmy Stewart sat in at one point.
Yes, but Jimmy Stewart's character was just speculating on how the murder would've been committed, not having been there. Since he's talking to the killers, it's a very tense scene.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Damfino Damfino is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
I like how he starts screaming all over again every time she shoots him.
And the way she shoots him every time he stops screaming .
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 PM
hogarth hogarth is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
I hesitated to post this one, b/c I think it's kind of awesome.
I just about peed my pants laughing. My wife thought I suddenly went insane.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Biggirl Biggirl is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right here
Posts: 15,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
I hesitated to post this one, b/c I think it's kind of awesome.
My favorite part is how he gently laid himself down on the bed so that he could finally die comfortably.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 PM
InsomniaMama InsomniaMama is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damfino View Post
And the way she shoots him every time he stops screaming .
Ok, it was a totally awesome death scene, but this comment didn't just make me LOL, I actually snorted.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Just Ed Just Ed is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Many Cats View Post
I nominate the otherwise fine movie Rope by Alfred Hitchcock.

At the beginning of the movie, the two killers are murdering a buddy of theirs by strangling him with a rope. As the camera pulls back from the victim, it shows him standing inside a chest, standing up between the two killers.
Nope. He's standing next to the chest as they strangle him. As a matter of fact, the first thing they do once he dies is open the chest and lift him into it. Now, granted, strangling someone while standing doesn't sound like the easiest way to go about it, but it isn't as ridiculous as having him stand inside the chest first.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Zebra Zebra is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam A. Robrin View Post
You would have to have a heart of stone to watch Debra Winger's death scene in Terms of Endearment without laughing....

Oh I was cheering! DIE! DIE! DIE!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Czarcasm Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Beervania
Posts: 39,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggirl View Post
My favorite part is how he gently laid himself down on the bed so that he could finally die comfortably.
What about the way she squints and turns away slightly as she throws the bullets out of the gun? I think my favorite part(aside for the exact same scream the exact same length every time he is shot) is where she shoots him in the back the first time and there are no bullet wounds, then she fires the next time and there are two bullet wounds.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Morbo Morbo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 9,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
What about the way she squints and turns away slightly as she throws the bullets out of the gun? I think my favorite part(aside for the exact same scream the exact same length every time he is shot) is where she shoots him in the back the first time and there are no bullet wounds, then she fires the next time and there are two bullet wounds.
And an obvious pillow under the back of his shirt.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Slithy Tove Slithy Tove is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ed View Post
Nope. He's standing next to the chest as they strangle him. As a matter of fact, the first thing they do once he dies is open the chest and lift him into it. Now, granted, strangling someone while standing doesn't sound like the easiest way to go about it, but it isn't as ridiculous as having him stand inside the chest first.
It being the 1950's, everyone politely ignored the victim's voided bowels.

[Jimmy Stewart] C'we, c'we open a window, d'you think maybe? /[Jimmy Stewart]
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Morgyn Morgyn is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In the time stream
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Well, she was only supposed to shoot him once, but the director couldn't choose a method so they tried multiple takes. Then the film was running short so the editor used them all.
That explains why he never lost his grip on the gun, then. That was hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Just Ed Just Ed is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithy Tove View Post
It being the 1950's, everyone politely ignored the victim's voided bowels.
Yes, well (1948 actually), everybody knows you should simply disregard stray sewage smells in the midst of a proper cocktail party.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Wendell Wagner Wendell Wagner is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland
Posts: 11,891
When I saw Meet Joe Black, it seemed like everyone in the theater burst out laughing when Brad Pitt's character got killed by the cars. There had been heavy advertising of the fact that the first trailer for the new Star Wars film would be shown twice at each Meet Joe Black show, once before the movie and once afterwards. So most of the people there weren't very enthusiastic about the movie anyway and were happy to laugh at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mikj8eDKxMQ
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM
ralph124c ralph124c is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
In the James Cagney gangster classic "White Heat", the execution scene was pretty funny-tough guy Cagney breaks down and blubbers for mercy..as he's dragged off to 'ol sparky".
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Bryan Ekers Bryan Ekers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
The execution scene was in Angels with Dirty Faces, and it didn't strike me as at all comical.

At the end of White Heat, Cagney's character yells "Made it, Ma! Top o' the world!" just before the giant oil tank he's standing on blows up, which was pretty cool, I must say.

Last edited by Bryan Ekers; 01-06-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Morgyn Morgyn is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In the time stream
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph124c View Post
In the James Cagney gangster classic "White Heat", the execution scene was pretty funny-tough guy Cagney breaks down and blubbers for mercy..as he's dragged off to 'ol sparky".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
The execution scene was in Angels with Dirty Faces, and it didn't strike me as at all comical.
Indeed. In fact, my impression is that he (the character) did that because he'd heard and listened to his old friend the priest's plea that he do something so that the kids who were hero-worshipping him would rethink that and maybe make better choices than he had.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Ranchoth Ranchoth is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Probably the guy from Enter the Ninja. "Oh, well!"
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Superhal Superhal is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I would nominate the bad guy's death in Ghost. First, they had to make some incredibly convoluted Ruben-esque series of accidents so Swayze wouldn't kill him directly. Then, the animation was so terrible it appeared to me like black colored smurfs dragged him to hell.

Jet Li's death in Lethal Weapon 3 was pretty bad too. Apparently, you can defeat a master martial artists by jumping on him and holding his arms/legs down. Also, how did they get the gun to fire underwater?

I also crack up for every death scene where the person gets cubed, like the Alice hallway scene in Resident Evil 1. I wonder why they always stick together for a dramatic second or two before falling into perfectly sized tofu cubes, when actually they should fall apart in long thin cubs like a jinga game, or they should look like one of those restaurant blooming onions. Or, the way the black guy's face dramatically slides off after being sliced by christian bale in Equillibrium. I'm thinking it should fly off like when you're chopping a cucumber or carrot.

The death scenes in Scream 1 were awesomely bad too, because the actors being killed were terrible actors to begin with. My personal razzie goes to Rose McGowan who has no right to be an actor in the first place getting doored to death.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Two Many Cats Two Many Cats is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ed View Post
Nope. He's standing next to the chest as they strangle him. As a matter of fact, the first thing they do once he dies is open the chest and lift him into it. Now, granted, strangling someone while standing doesn't sound like the easiest way to go about it, but it isn't as ridiculous as having him stand inside the chest first.
I hadn't seen the movie for awhile, so I checked and you're right. The victim is not standing in the chest. My mistake.

So I guess I'll have to change my vote to Unfaithful where a music box is the weapon of choice. The guy must've had a skull made of peanut brittle.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 PM
standingwave standingwave is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Is this clip from the 1973 Turkish film "Kareteci Kız" (Karate Girl") the worst movie death scene ever? A Reddit user who recently posted the clip thinks so. Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur break it down on The Young Turks.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Bryan Ekers Bryan Ekers is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhal View Post
I would nominate the bad guy's death in Ghost. First, they had to make some incredibly convoluted Ruben-esque series of accidents so Swayze wouldn't kill him directly. Then, the animation was so terrible it appeared to me like black colored smurfs dragged him to hell.
That scene cemented my atheism.

Quote:
Jet Li's death in Lethal Weapon 3 was pretty bad too. Apparently, you can defeat a master martial artists by jumping on him and holding his arms/legs down. Also, how did they get the gun to fire underwater?
Actually, you can fire guns underwater, but the shockwave is especially dangerous, particularly to one's ears.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Ellen Cherry Ellen Cherry is offline
Rich as a Lannister
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Near Eskippakithiki
Posts: 11,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhal View Post

I also crack up for every death scene where the person gets cubed, like the Alice hallway scene in Resident Evil 1. I wonder why they always stick together for a dramatic second or two before falling into perfectly sized tofu cubes, when actually they should fall apart in long thin cubs like a jinga game, or they should look like one of those restaurant blooming onions. Or, the way the black guy's face dramatically slides off after being sliced by christian bale in Equillibrium. I'm thinking it should fly off like when you're chopping a cucumber or carrot.
I haven't seen this movie, but I'm highly amused at the thought of a movie where getting "cubed" is the method of execution. It sounds more like cooking than slaying. Cube, julienne and lightly fry the victim ... just like Hannibal would do.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Loach Loach is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
The execution scene was in Angels with Dirty Faces, and it didn't strike me as at all comical.

At the end of White Heat, Cagney's character yells "Made it, Ma! Top o' the world!" just before the giant oil tank he's standing on blows up, which was pretty cool, I must say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
Indeed. In fact, my impression is that he (the character) did that because he'd heard and listened to his old friend the priest's plea that he do something so that the kids who were hero-worshipping him would rethink that and maybe make better choices than he had.
Although you have to watch taking in context the acting styles of the time, I would say its one of the best death scenes ever. The fact that people still debate if he was begging for his life just to help the kids proves that.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Cartoonacy Cartoonacy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I'm sorry, but you can't beat the death-by-hamster scene from the Turkish movie 3 DEV ADAM, also known as "Evil Spider-Man Vs. Captain America and a Mexican Wrestler."

http://youtu.be/Q6h8WntefD0?t=2m4s
Reply With Quote
Reply



Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2013 Sun-Times Media, LLC.