Windsor Knot or Windsor Not

There is no such thing as a “Half Windsor”.
What you call a “Half Windsor” is more accurately described as “Not Knowing How to Tie a Fucking Tie”.

Thank you for your attention.

I shall give this all the attention it de…Look! A squirrel!

Windsor, schmindsor.

That’s the “Alcatraz Ascot.”

Beats a Half Nelson though, at least in an interview.

Really sticking your neck out here…

Meh. Not my favourite, but definitely a recognised knot:

http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~tmf20/tieknots.shtml

Pratt knot for the win (symmetrical, does less damage to the tie)

Oh, I recognize it alright. I recognize it as an announcement of “Hey! Look! I’m a jackass who doesn’t know how to tie a tie!”

So, is it a tie “clip” or a tie “magazine”?

I’m guessing you’re a Windsor fan?

Or possibly, someone who has a very long torso and can’t spare the extra length it takes to wrap a tie around itself 11 times just so they can feel like people give a shit about their tie.

ETA: Prig.

Unless it’s an eldredge knot, who cares?

Ah, the Dook of Windsor.

The Pratt knot is good for that, and easier on the tie.

The Windsor though? I think Fleming had a point in From Russia With Love:

“Bond mistrusted anyone who tied his tie with a Windsor knot. It showed too much vanity. It was often the mark of a cad.”

Also, as noted in my previous cite, it is the de facto knot of your communist dictator type. Chavez, Putin, most of the chinese government…well, you get the idea.

I know how to tie a Windsor knot, but I am usually that guy wearing a bow tie.

Where the hell did this come from? I’m willing to bet that the half Windsor is the most common way to tie a tie in the world.

The four-in-hand is clearly the lowliest of the tie knots. It isn’t even debatable.

The latest issue of “Tie and Cummerbund” has an article on “deviant” knots. They think they should be banned before another generation of boys is traumatized by the knowledge that, indeed, there is but One Correct Way to tie a tie.
And that is Pratt.

You have my deepest sympathies. I would be outraged too. First the tragedy at Sandy Hook, and now this.

I blame the libertarians.

The issues only arises when one makes the error of purchasing a defective tie with its clip-on attachment missing.

Sorry, OP, bu tyou reveal yourself to be ignorant on the issue of men’s fashion. The half Windsor is a perfectly acceptable knot that can be used depending on the shape of the wearer’s face and the event to which the tie will be worn. I use as my cite Dressing the Man, a book which I own and consult regularly.

Your position seems to be based on the mistaken belief that there are lock step rules to style, when in fact there are not. Remember, fashion is for those with out taste and etiquette is for those without manners.