Why do women hold folded toilet paper, not leaving it on the roll, when using a public toilet?

See subject. It’s my impression, in general. Also at home?

I don’t believe men do at all.
Do not ask where and how I’ve come to these conclusions.

How…erm. So, do…uh.

Are…n/m.

Are you saying that they detach the toilet paper from the roll, and this surprises you? Why would you expect them to keep it attached?

Are you talking about women laying toilet paper on the seat before sitting down?

I think he’s talking about women tearing a bit off of the roll and holding it long before they’re finished.

I’m a guy and I’ve done this a few times. Why? So that someone on this board would ask why, thus perpetuating our desire for enlightened knowledge.

We’re multi-tasking. What else are we going to do while we’re sitting? Not enough time to balance a checkbook.

I’ve seen my wife sit down to pee and immediately grab the toilet paper. Usually by the time she’s got the paper in hand it is time to wipe already.

I’m always impressed because it takes me about 5x as long even though I get to skip the wiping.

My wife already has the house keys in her hand when she’s still a block away from home. Maybe it’s related.

And yet most women seemingly don’t even think about getting their money out of their handbag until the cashier rings up the final total at the checkout.

That’s because we’re too busy fending off the impatient jerk behind us who keep pushing the cart forward and cramming our goods forward on the conveyor.

Dunno what the fuck you’re talking about, unless it’s just old women? I (and the chicks I know) tend to pay for groceries with plastic (debit, mostly). And as to my behavior in particular, I get that shit swiped and have entered my pin before they’re even done ringing me up.

Maybe if you weren’t in such a hurry to get up the freankin’ escalator

Don’t you stand in line like everyone else and not ride the conveyor?

:smiley:

:slight_smile:

I do it because what else are you going to do with your time?

Also, sometimes you can mask some sounds with noisy toilet paper acquisition.

Huh? You wait right until your completely finished to get the toilet paper off the roll? What a waste of time. (Well, OK, it’s possibly a whole entire second. But it just feels prepared.)

There is one situation in which I take it off the roll before I even get started: if I have to hover. That’s because it’s a complex manoever and you don’t want to be fumbling. Here’s how it goes:

• Go in, determine this icky toilet needs An Elaborate Plan
  • What do you do with your bag? It can’t go on the floor. Is there a hook? Or do you have to stick it under your arm?
  • take toilet paper in hand for later wiping
  • wiggle down tights and knickers, hitch up skirt, take position with trembling knees and without touching the sides
  • finally, thank og, peeeeeee
  • keep skirt up with one hand, wipe with other hand
  • NB the above is why you need the paper first: you are holding things and balancing, you don’t have hands free and you can’t properly see the loo roll holder. Better to have that done in advance.

Eww, so your underwear has pee stains in it? Maybe I’m weird, but I use a single piece of toilet paper to clean up after peeing to get rid of those last few drops (squeezing it once helps too, you’d be surprised how much urine can come out).

“No matter how hard you shake it, there’s still one more drop left…”
I believe it was in the Ayatollah Khomeni’s book a health guide for young men, where he advocated pushing just below and behind your “equipment” 3 times to help prevent post-urinal drip.

Cowboy up. Point in the general direction of the bowl and shake like hell.

Wuss.

:slight_smile:

If ya shake more than three times, you’re playin with it!

Sometimes I whip it around just to impress people. Keeps knocking off my Stetson, tho.