Facebook folks...Your most Liberal and Conservative recent friend posts

Please provide recent links to what your furthest left and furthest right buddies have posted recently on FB that confirms why they are your most extreme “friends” - thanks!

Here’s mine:

LW:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=609960392348276&set=a.115969958413991.17486.114517875225866

RW:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527186490670174&set=a.152219938166833.40496.133279166727577

^^Wow. Sending over some Tylenol for your headache. =)

Sorry, I got nothin’. The closest I can find is one of my gay friends, who happens to be visibly part Native American, who has a picture of one of his friends rapped in a confederate flag. Not quite sure where that fits politically.

The last political thing I remember was someone telling someone else that Snopes is biased when she used it to say that elephant ghosts aren’t real or something like that.

I got nuttin’ as well because I just let all that stuff fly right over me these days. What I have decided is that I know a bunch of whackadoodles of the Conservative and Liberal kind.

However, I do have a current favorite facebook quote:

I use to wonder what it would be like to read other people’s minds, then I got a facebook account.

:smiley: I really like that quote!

This picture - one of my most conservative friends posted this, and then 24 hours later one of my most liberal friends did. They don’t know each other. It’s a wonderful world.

I’m liberal and post about it fairly regularly. But my conservative friends have pretty much quit posting their stuff- I think they might be embarrassed about it at this point.

Thanks…I realize this was a bit of a stretch posting; wasn’t sure whether everyone was in the same boat.

These two individuals are incessant…more recent stuff:

Right: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/1070_315086075288958_1049334928_n.jpg

Left: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/527418_583258088358410_87622941_n.jpg

Heh. Luckily most of my friends do not post much political stuff, I prefer to stick with funny cat pictures myself. But I do have a few…

Right wing (on the verge of hiding this person from my news feed)

Left wing (usually this friend’s posts are more inflammatory but she hadn’t posted much lately, this was the best I could find)

This one is a keeper.

“Dear Barack Hussein Obama and every single piece of shit on our country that voted for him… FUCK YOU!!! Your terrible policies are hurting people who actually work for a living! Our healthcare professionals won’t be getting any raises this year, won’t be getting any contributions to their retirement funds, and will be paying more for their healthcare because of president shitheads Obamacare. Democrats should just eat shit and die.”

He got about 5 likes and people commenting like, “that’s right” and, “well said.”

Yet, they out the ones saying they ‘fear’ for our country.

My left and right wingers post pretty humdrum stuff. Mostly unoriginal, forwarded talking points. Eh, to each his/her own. People like to talk about what interests them.

What I find more irritating than that though, are the one-track people. I have people on my list who never post anything but religious homilies, or forward religious tracts. Another who uses the site only to sell livestock and livestock equipment. And that’s all he ever posts. And quite a few others who never post anything, and never respond to anything. They just have empty accounts. I’ve only ever deleted one person as a friend (well, the person died, and he never did post much when he was alive), but I’ve put these other cats in my ‘restricted’ list, and blocked them from my feed.

The only real leftist stuff I see on facebook is pro-gay stuff from a gay friend, and most of what he posts is links to stories about anti-gays. Oh, and the rabidly anti-Monsanto idiot.

I do however get tons of right wing crap. And it’s never well thought out arguments, it’s always obviously stupid meme pictures. The Obama = Hitler thing is popular. I’ve dropped a few friends cuz I got tired of seeing that crap, and I’ll probably have to drop a few more.

I’ve seen both liberal and conservative friends excoriate Monsanto. Must be a unifying issue.

ETA: I got rid of my most annoying extremist Facebook friends a long time ago. Some of my liberal friends are starting to irritate the shit out of me, though. I’m just tired of Facebook propaganda from either side. Lame.

I wonder how many people know that, since they are so popular, simply liking a political photo will make it show up on someone’s feed. Facebook deems it “important” because people so many people have liked it.

The rare times I get something, I’m more likely to discount it if there’s no commentary with it.

I’m pretty sure the “demonstration” pictured for Holland is not an anti-Monsanto demonstration. My mum went to that with her hippy friends, it was about 200 people outside the Monsanto office, and not in Amsterdam. I could be wrong, but I call BS poster. [/unrelated expression of annoyance at untruths]

In my feed at the moment:

• Quite a bit of “Save Bradley Manning” around
  • Lots of shared happiness that the House of Lords backs SSM
  • bit of Monsanto
  • Something in Arabic that I think is political, but who knows what it says!
  • Nothing conservative because we don’t have conservatives in Europe.

I’d link, but they’re a bit boring. Is nobody else getting Bradley Manning facebook activism?

I doubt Facebook links will work for most people unless they happen to also be a friend of the person in question.

I think in general the Like pages post more political stuff than my friends, who at most will share links related to current events. My gay friends post some gay stuff. My liberal friends will post some generically positive stuff. The atheist and science related pages post some zingers. I follow author David Gerrold and he is both outspoken and also a grumpy old man ™ so those are fun. One friend posted a few pro gun things. I have two relatives who basically post nothing but bible stuff.

Currently on my facebook feed:
Picture of a big spider from a friend I’ve known for about 20 years and still have no idea which way he votes.

My dog trainer talking about wine. Pretty sure she’s conservative but that’s only based on her gun ownership comments.

Something about the Bruins

Something about the Bruins from a conservative friend.

My vet’s new information board pictures (summer theme: flea and tick)

Something about the Bruins from a liberal friend.

Picture of a friend who just came back from Israel. Pretty sure she’s liberal.

Extremely conservative family member saying good night

Update from my niece about how insane her 18-month-old is. Not sure she knows what politics are.

Something about the Bruins from a friend who doesn’t talk politics on facebook.

Extremely liberal friend saying something about an actor from Parks and Rec (I had to look him up to figure out what he was talking about)

Same extremely liberal friend saying yum yum about some local beer he just drank

Picture of my best friend’s Baby B (she just had twins on Monday and Baby B has been in the nursery for glucose monitoring so this has been her first chance to really snuggle with her). Not actually sure about her politics even though she’s been my best friend for about 17 years.

Happy Running Day from a running obsessed friend. No idea if she’s liberal or conservative even though I’ve known her for over 15 years.

A complaint about it only being Wednesday from a very conservative friend.

Something else about the Bruins

That’s just going back 2 hours. This is why I still have facebook. None of my friends or family are obnoxious. Well, there was one and I blocked him but his obnoxiousness was all-around, not just political.
I will say thought that there are certain times of the year when I really want to block 3/4 of my friends when they wont shut up about the Bruins, Red Sox, or Patriots (and 1/2 of them when they wont shut up about the Celtics). I’d rather political comments at those points.

If someone threw a “let’s kill puppies/Monsanto is evil” party I would attend, with regrets of course.