Looking for some good hard science fiction that's not internet centric

Any good current hard science fiction that’s not focused on hackers and the net etc.

Have you read “A Deepness in the Sky” (there is some Internet-equivalent business in the book but not so much), or “Marooned in Real Time” (both by Vernor Vinge)?

Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle have quite a bit.

Peter Hamilton’s Pandora Star/Judas Unchained series may fit the bill for you.

I am also a big fan of Alastair Reynolds. I started with his Revelation Space series and then went on to read everything else he ever wrote.

Neal Asher would also be someone to check out.

All three of the above are currently active and publishing authors. Hamilton and Reynolds write what I would describe as epic future history, focusing heavily on space travel and future human civilizations. Asher is similar but a little more cyberpunky.

Jack McDevitt is writing some first-class hard SF novels.

James S. A. Corey - Leviathan Awakes, Caliban’s War and Abbadon’s Gate.

Agreed +1.

Dan Simmons - The Hyperion Cantos

Charles Sheffield.

Stephen Baxter

The Light of Other Days by Stephen Baxter and Arthur C. Clarke is one of my favorites, and has nothing at all to do with the internet that I can recall. Some of its themes are similar, though - it’s all about interconnectedness and lack of privacy and whatnot.

You beat me to it. Real fun hard-boiled stuff, with an edge of horror.

Damn Straight.

Iain Banks wrote some of the hardest science fiction there is. He unfortunately died recently . There is an .SD thread on him.

Thirded. It’s space opera, and it’s done quite well.

Kristine Kathryn Rusch’s Retrieval Artist series is seldom mentioned but it’s some of the harder science fiction written these days and while there are computers and networks as part of society they’re largely setting, like furniture and transportation vehicles rather than the focus of the story. The Disappeared is the first in the series, followed by Extremes, Consequences, Buried Deep, Paloma, Recovery Man, Duplicate Effort, Anniversary Day, and Blowback. Detective/mystery genre SF.