Sluggy Freelance, after 16 years...

Pete is finally getting to what the name means.

Warning: While I enjoy this strip a lot, it has a huge back story of over a decade of almost daily posts, and it would be difficult to pick up in the current arc.

Anyone else still following it with an idea of what this means? Bun-bun has been thrown out of time twice. The strip showed the second, but he beat himself so badly he lost all memories of his life before his first trip to timeless space. It is obvious that he was worshiped in the ancient/alternate world, but was that his past or future? Why Sluggy? And what do Torg and Riff know?

Is that still being written? I thought it went the way of “Hampster Dance.”

I’ve been following it since the Sci-fi storyline. I’m curious as to what Sluggy means, but I’ve enjoyed the mystery.

No, the OP is just cleverly pranking us. Good catch.

Run that by again?

OP comments about a current storyline in an ongoing webcomic. Someone replies asking if that strip is still running. Possible answers:

1. Obviously the strip is still running; otherwise how could the OP be posting about a current storyline?

2. The strip is not still running and the OP is pranking us.

You can decide for yourself which is more likely. (It just annoys me when people reply in threads like this, “Is this is still running?” Well, yeah, Captain Obvious, or there wouldn’t be a thread about it, would there?)

Ok - one more time?

I guess I just got whooshed. Maybe. I’m going to make some coffee, hope we don’t have to go back to the ER today, and catch up on Sluggy Freelance.

Heh.

While I’ve got you here, were any of you guys the ones who disagreed with me when I said Bun-bun would be back? :slight_smile:

Not me. In some ways, his story line has always been pivotal. I don’t know if or when Pete planned it out, but everything is coming together, timeless space, the holiday wars, demons, everything (except, hopefully, Torg Potter).

You mean this?

WE WIN!!!

:slight_smile:

I didn’t mind Torg Potter that much, but if it is canon, it breaks the universe in ways other side stories (like my fovorite Kittens), do not. There is plenty of magic in Sluggy, but it doesn’t mesh well with what we see in the Torg Potter side strips. It would be as bad as combining in the the stick figure comics.

I just enjoy Bun-bun kicking ass. :slight_smile:

This is what I think of when Bun-bun is referenced …

It definitely feels like things are coming together in this storyline. I’m not sure if or when he’s planning to end Sluggy, but I can’t recall another time that had this kind of vibe. It makes me think maybe I should go back and reread the whole archive.

Then I think maybe I could just get some nice 2x4s to smash into my head repeatedly instead. 16 years of nifty darn comics is quite a trawl.

Frankly it’s about effin’ time. It’s been like following a D&D campaign composed entirely of side quests sometimes. There’s still a long way to go but some progress on the main storyline now and then would be nice.

But what is the main story line? It almost seems like the threads are going backwards, instead of starting with a single plotline that then branches out into many subplots or side plots, all the side plots are coming together to form the main plot. If asked ten years ago, what would you consider the main plot? Oasis/Heriti* Corp.? Future Schlock? K’z’k*? Aylee? Torg and Zoe?