What is blue and lives in a Mouse?

My cat just ate a mouse (that he caught all by himself - yay!) He left a bit behind though. A bright turquoise spherical sack, a bit bigger than a pea. Any idea what that might be?

Gallbladder is colorful but more of a dark green…

ETA, and bigger than a pea would be too large for a gallbladder…

I don’t know, but it makes eating pizza about 14 thousand times less appetizing.

Thank you.

“Bigger than a pea” would be huge, for any mouse part. Are you sure it wasn’t a rat?

All I know, though, is don’t eat the green wobbly bit.

My neighbor’s cat did that and left the fur, too. The mouse was skinned and deboned with the skill of a French chef.

I didn’t know there was a French dish that used mice.

Souris flambé au jus.

You never heard of Rat-tat-tailly? (Thanks, you can’t do that on television).

An amuse-bouche of Ratatouille?

Could it be a fetus? Sometimes membranes are somewhat iridescent.

Mouse guts are surprisingly colorful. My guess is a bit of the large intestine, which can be whitish yellowish or brownishgreen or bluegreenish or downright green. I’m not sure what causes the different colors.

Anything look familiar?

More mouse guts here.

This one looks like he was hungry before he was cut. :frowning:

Do you have rodent-poison packets around the house? They usually contain turquoise-colored pellets. Maybe the mouse ate a few, and they turned into a spherical blob in its stomach.

You’re lucky. Our cats used to catch at least one mouse per night when we vacationed in the north woods in the summer, but since they were well fed, they weren’t really hungry. Almost every morning we’d find a headless mouse at the front door. We could only assume the head was the tastiest part.

Mice don’t normally have any turquoise blue organs. I would guess it was something it ate.

Really. Is there anything normal on these boards?

That’s what I was thinking too. Does it have any attachment points? At both ends or one?

You gonna eat that last slice?

It was an outdoor mouse so no idea what it had been eating.

Was it similar to this color? It’s a popular mouse/rat bait, there’s a green that’s also popular in a comparable saturation (kind of turquoise green). Your kitty might have been able to catch the mouse because it was already sick. The more common anticoagulant poisons out there, whatever’s inside a mouse, isn’t enough to hurt your kitty.

Smurf remains?