Should we let the White Man March happen on the 15th?

Peacefully at the least? Why is it being denounced as a “hate” march and if it was, so what?

I’ve no idea what the “White Man March” is, but if it’s in America people are legally allowed to march around dressed up as outright Nazis if they please.

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/2014/q1/global-white-man-march-called-for-march-15/

The article you linked to claims “kill all white people” is a message you see on TV on a regular basis. Uh huh.

But sure, if the 7 dudes who think this is a good idea want to, go for it.

I want to sell t-shirts that say “NAAHMF”.

I didn’t realize I had the authority to approve or deny the march. I must look into it now.

I want one that says “Kill All The White People”.

Jesus, man, we’ve all been waiting for you! Get with the program!

But I say: eh, let 'em march.

I’ve toyed with the idea of a tasteful tee shirt in a nice kanji calligraphy that says “Kill the round-eyes.”

Bumper sticker: “I’m gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whiteys I see!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBw8jS3sMw

http://whitemanmarch.com/

It’s interesting which comments he filters and approves on the site.

You don’t. The OP clearly asked if “we” will let it happen. Someone needs to schedule a comittee meeting pronto. I’ll be happy to attend, but scheduling is not my job.

“Kill All The White People” is the title of a Type O Negative song; they could chant it as a marching song.

Let people say what they want to say. If it makes them look like an idiot, so be it. It’s one less minute I have to spend trying to figure them out.

Isn’t there a White Man March two days from then, every year?

A march on Washington, by men, with the word “Man” in the title. What an original idea! This clearly shows the superior intellect of the master race!

Everyone knows white men can’t march.

Wait… that doesn’t sound right.

Hey, look. I’m an ACLU guy. If a bunch of white men who think they’re the constant victims of discrimination want to march to say so, they have that right. The rest of us white men have the right to point and laugh at them.

So somebody’s going to kill all the white guys unless we march? In that case, I say we refuse to march in protest. This has the added benefit of me not having to do anything.

When the American Doofus, I mean, American Nazi Party, wanted to march in Skokie in 1977, then home to 40,000 Jews, 5,000 of whom were Holocaust survivors, “we” (some of us anyway, and the ACLU in particular) defended it and it was ruled allowable. (Although the doofuses decided not to do it after all and marched at a Chicago location instead.)

I took AskNott’s POV then and argued for a counter rally themed as a circus wth clowns and jugglers, as clown was what those guys were, and mocking was the best weapon. My Dad, he wanted to get a scoped rifle … I loved that man but we did have differing points of view. :slight_smile:

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to say what I want to hear. If we do not defend the right of idiots to say things we detest then we do not really believe in the freedom. But yup, I am free to say what I want to say back as well. Limitations being things like “fighting words.”

DSeid: total agreement. Morris Dees, the guy who took down Tom Metzger, says the same thing. Let them publish their crap. Let them march peacefully. And…expose them for what they are.

(Tom Metzger, of course, went beyond the"peaceful" limitation and got convicted for promoting violence.)

DrFidelius: I have a nice kanji t-shirt that reads (in Japanese) “This stupid Gaijin can’t even read his own shirt.”