Is bell pepper a narcotic for anyone other than me?

If I slice open a red bell pepper, place one half over my nose, and inhale deeply, I get a distinct physical kick of shuddering ecstatic pleasure for just a few seconds. It makes me feel better if I’m sad.

I am not kidding or exaggerating about this–it literally feels to me like I took a hit of something.

Anyone else? Anyone?

How did you get the idea to start doing this ?

Note to self: pick up bell pepper on the way home.

Sure, first a bell pepper, then it’s cucumbers and next thing you know, you’re hanging around road side stands just hoping someone will give you a radish.

I know, right!

Is there cocaine in your peppers?

BTW, its a myth that most people who smoke banana peels started out huffing bell peppers. Its actually the other way around. You know, the slippery slope and all that.

Michael Keaton, is that you?

So rough estimate, how many grocery stores have you been banned from?

Damn, I’m huffing everything in my crisper when I get home.

Ah the insidious old notion of the “gateway vegetable.”

sriracha-chemistry-how-hot-sauces-perk-up-your-food-and-your-mood

I’m guessing bell peppers are the gateway peppers to more serious pepper snorting.

we evolved in a symbiotic partnership with them. they provided a desired effect on humans. humans breed them for greatest potency and a shape to better cover the mouth and nose and now grow them in quantity. it’s all part of a cosmic design.

This is why bell peppers are called Nature’s Bong.

I used to belong to a food co-op and getting a big lungful of air from the broccoli bin would have a similar effect on me. But it seemed like it was just something about the smell – it just made some weird connection in my brain – rather than, say, something like the effect of nitrous oxide.

Be careful, pepper huffing can kale you.

It can squash your sanity.

The OP doesn’t seem like the kind of person to carrot-all

Lettuce have no more of these puns.

Berry well, if you insist.