Best way to find out ASAP when your favorite band is coming to town?

Maybe this isn’t the right forum, but it seems like the best option.

Ryan Adams is one of my favorite musicians, and he’s got a new album coming out this fall. He hasn’t toured in awhile and the few shows he has booked through the summer are all sold out. So I want to make sure I know as soon as possible when/if he’s coming to St. Louis or nearby so I can buy tickets before they sell out.

His Facebook page probably has tour info as soon as it is released, but there’s no guarantee Facebook will show me. His Pax-Am record label website is strangely silent about upcoming shows, even the ones I know are already booked. And besides, I don’t want to have to check that website every day.

Do Google alerts still exist? If so, what’s the best way to use them in this situation?

Any other ideas? And this isn’t Ryan Adams specific, that’s just who prompted the question. How do you make sure you know as soon as possible when your favorite band is coming to town?

Check out www.pollstar.com. They’ve always been my go-to place for concert info…I’ve never registered but I assume if you register you get email alerts ASAP.

You can also sign up for email newsletters from your favorite bands. That’s how I hear about mine, generally.

Facebook recently changed the way Liked Pages work, I believe. Click through to the Ryan Adams page on Facebook and check out the buttons on the top right. I bet you can force all of his updates to your newsfeed…

http://www.bandsintown.com/

I’ve caught a few gigs due to reminders from SongKick

There are ways to get Facebook to tell you things–when you like a page, just make sure that you select “Get Notifications” and that you “Add to Interest Lists.” I think there’s one more thing you can do but I can’t remember it offhand. I did this with several pages and had to dial it back on a few of them because I was getting everything they posted (and they were prolific!). For a page that posts infrequently, this is probably the best way for you to make sure you get everything. Either that, or just set yourself a reminder to check the page itself every day.

Their app does a great job of alerting you. Highly recommend!