Rosemary's Baby-like Mystery

So in my new flat, right by the kitchen, I have a door. Door-frame and hinges are showing, but there’s no knob. The door is sealed/painted shut.

With my tape measure, and measuring walls and spaces around this door, I’ve been able to ascertain that the space behind the door is about 3 feet by 6 feet.

What could be behind there?

The previous tenant.

I have a similar door in my house, but it’s only TWO FEET TALL!!

It goes to John Malkovich’s brain.

Or, the back of my shower :slight_smile:

Butler’s Pantry!

Probably the maintenance cubby–furnace, plumbing pipes, etc.

That’s where the pods are gestating. :slight_smile:

Mine backs up against another closet.

I don’t think Narnia has been used yet, so I’m going to say Narnia!

It’s the doors of perception, man.

Fortunato.

I had one of these in a Townhouse in Herndon, VA. We found 28 Mainframe computer tapes that had been stolen from the DMA. The ex-tenant was a Russian Spy, no kidding at all.

Could be a species of mold unknown to modern science.

Is the door bulging outward?

I had a little cubby painted shut in a place I rented years ago. One night I was searching for tickets I had misplaced. I searched room-by-room, looking everywhere. I was so worked up that I used a screwdriver and got the door open. It was empty.

Its a pantry - a storage area for the kitchen stuff - but it was made out of poor materials, so it needs renovation.

eg chip board, or asbestos or something.

If the space also shares a wall with the hallway outside the apartment, and if there’s also a door in that wall, I’ll say it’s the icebox (the door in the hallway is for ice delivery), and, with the advent of electricity, the apartment was renovated by the laziest landlord in all the land.

Or, several of Blackbeard’s wives.

It leads to a parallel world that, on the face of it, seems like yours. You’ll know it’s different because everyone has buttons for eyes.

It’s not in the kitchen, it’s in the living area. And it appears to be an exterior quality door, or at least a very well built interior door–not a flimsy pantry door. Why such a heavy door for a simple pantry? There has to be something behind there–I know it.

It’s the elevator.

And not goatees? 'Cause a goatee world would be awesome–my new-ish job prohibits having one, and I miss mine.

Nope. It butts up against the storage area in the laundry room. (Which is adjacent to the geothermal well.)
Outside

What are you still doing out here?

open it open it open it open it