Benedict Cumberbatch is Dr Strange

Apparently…

I wonder how they’re going to do those circle things at the ends of his out-stretched arms. Actual circles or gussy them up as spheres? I don’t know if Benedict Cumberbatch is … dark enough (? - not in ethnicity) to be convincing as Dr. Strange. He is a gifted actor, so I look forward to the film.

Can he pull off an American accent?

Not at all who I would have cast.

I was hoping it would be an earlier rumored name - Jack Huston - but I guess since he will now be the new Ben Hur, he is no longer available.

Can’t blame the guy for wanting to grab the big paychecks while he can. He’s not going to make the massive pile by doing roles from the classics (more’s the pity).

He can’t even say the word “penguin”. But on the plus side he does an excellent Jar Jar.

It’s a rule now the Benedict Cumberbatch must be in everything. He’s like the current flavor starlet, having a moment.

But… but he doesn’t look a bit like Donald Sutherland!

Or… well… wait…

I was just thinking how it’s nice that BC doesn’t have a wife or family, or a girlfriend even (yes? no? boyfriend?) - he just wants to work all the time. And I don’t mind it.

He looks a bit too young, slender, and “pretty” for Strange. Cumberbatch is a good actor at least, so I guess I’ll just wait and see.

I remain convinced that Oded Fehr was placed here to play Doctor Strange.

Benedict Cumbatch is [about to start negotiations to maybe play] Doctor Strange [but may not be able to because of other projects].

Roomer hazzit that Cumberbatch is dating the British director and actor Sophie Hunter.

(I still think it sounds a bit weird to call actresses “actors”, but I’m trying to get with the program. Maybe they will eventually all become gender-nonspecific “portrayers” or something like that, as “waiters” and “waitresses” morphed into “servers”.)

Well, there’s always “thespians”…though I suppose that comes with its own built-in confusions. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do believe this to be a slam at the Okie accent. Fortunately, I am not so afflicted.

Sheesh, how many possible Dr. Stranges have there been now? I hope it’s not Cumberbatch. He seems all wrong for the part.

I’ve always thought that “Good Night and Good Luck” David Strathairn would make an excellent Strange. Of course, there’s no way they won’t cast a younger actor for the role.

I’m in favor of it. You need to be a classically-trained British actor to be able to say words like “Dormammu” and phrases like “By the Ruby Rings of Raggadorr!” with a straight face.

Yeah, that’s what people said about Chris Evans and he managed to nail the part. I’ll give 'em the benefit of the doubt for now.