Stratocracy
Timocracy
Anarchy
Anocracy
Kritarchy
Particracy
Republic
Theocracy

What would you call a government that was lead by Mad Scientists?

Mad scientists probably wouldn’t run a government. They are far more interested in their scientific projects.

Ahem

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/

IIRC there was a past thread in the SDMB that showed a lot of evidence and well based opinion that most of the mad scientists you see in fiction are in reality engineers.

So I will go for Technocracy, with rulers that are evil.

As a Son Of Ether, I call it a great idea!

Well, is it one mad scientist, acting as a dictator, or a small group of mad scientists, functioning as an oligarchy, or a whole lot of mad scientists, who get to vote, elect representatives and officials from amongst their number, and so forth, in which case it would be a sort of democracy, but with a very restricted franchise.

There’s the occasional mad social scientist, however. And there’s only so many experiments you can do with just orphans and hedge mazes.

Sparkocracy.

Angryocracy.

Teslacracy.

Technocratic despotism.

Because you don’t put scientific conclusions to a popular vote, or fail to act on them based on the polls, you know. Especially when they are *mad *scientific conclusions, you don’t even put those up for peer review!
OTOH a multiparty Technodespotic regime would be fun at election time. Instead of “I, Can D. Date, approve this message” the mandatory campaign ad tagline would be “Fools! You laugh now but evveryone will soon know my name, Dr. Can D. Date! I’ll show them!! I’ll show them ALL!!”

As a Mad Scientist, I object to the uninformed and hateful belief that all Mad Scientists are evil. Many of us are good. We don’t want to unleash doomsday devices, deathrays, or robot armies. We want a better world. I could speechify on just what I mean, but imagine the world of Futurama- a world where unfettered Science can and does meet our every need.

You sellouts. Everyone knows all the best mad science is being done inside the Technocratic Union.

Without a sense of childlike wonder (which you Greyfaces utterly lack) it is not possible to do Science.

Meritocracy?

I make the bold assumption that the United Federation of Planets is in fact a meritocracy.

So how do you explain *Admiral *Janeway?

From my Dog Greek*…“Epistemocracy”?

*(No, not that one.)

Latveria?

(Slightly) more seriously:
Crankocracy
Malocracy

One thinks of the third book of Jonathan Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels, in which the hero visits the land of Balnibarbi, which is ruled – with disastrous results – by mad scientists. (Some folk are of the opinion that Swift was, here, eerily prophetic of various twentieth-century abuses against humanity.) The word “Balnibarbocracy” might be suggested: admittedly, it’s rather a mouthful.

Didn’t the mad scientists who controlled Balnibarbi actually live above it, on the flying island of Laputa? Laputocracy is quite a good word (although it could also be taken to mean rule by prostitutes, an altogether superior system of government).