Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 40th Anniversary

Can’t believe it’s been 40 years since the cinema was set back 900 years.

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? Coconuts, African swallows and European swallows. Bring out your dead! “Must be a king, he hasn’t got shit all over him.” “Strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing over swords, that’s no basis for a system of government.” “I’m invincible!” “You’re a loony.” “She turned me into a newt! (Got better.)” “On second thought, let’s not go to Camelot - it’s a silly place.” The French taunters. “Run away! Run away!” The story of Brave Sir Robin, as sung by his minstrels. The Castle Anthrax. The Knights of Ni, and Roger the Shrubber. “This is meant to be a happy occasion! Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who…” Tim the Enchanter. The Killer Rabbit. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (“One, two, five!” - “No, three!”) The Black Beast of Aaaarrrggh. The Bridge of Death. “What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?”

I was already a confirmed Marx Brothers fan when I first saw MP&HG in the summer of 1975* (and still am, of course). But to me, this is the funniest movie ever. Can’t believe it’s been 40 years.
*I’m not old.

I wholeheartedly agree, help help I’m being repressed!

Now look. Just because I’m a third poster on this thread, you automatically treat me like I’m an inferior. Where d’ya get that from?
I mean if I was to declare myself CECIL just because some moistened bint cast a fountain pen at me, why they’d put me away!

Neeee!

What an eccentric performance.

King Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.

Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.

King Arthur: A scratch? Your arm’s off.

Black Knight: No it isn’t.

King Arthur: What’s that, then?

Black Knight: [after a pause] I’ve had worse.

King Arthur: You liar.

Black Knight: Come on ya pansy.

We all need spankings!

…It’s only a model.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

“Don’t like her? What’s wrong with her? She’s beautiful, she’s rich, she’s got huge…tracts of land…”

“Well, I suppose I could stay a bit longer…”

Message for you, Sire.

And there was much rejoicing.

Shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

We are now, NO LONGER the Knights who say “Ni!”

We are now the knights who say “Ecky ecky ecky Fzzzz-Tang! Zwooop! Pzzzzt” and we demand you find us …

ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!

Brave, brave Sir Robin!

Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead…

You tit! I soiled my armor when I saw this thread.

That’s right, RT. I saw it that summer, too.

Of course, I was EIGHT and my mom took me. But who’s counting, really?

A møøse once bit my sister…