Donald Trump announces presidential run

Link.

Should be a lot of lulz. It will be interesting to see how he handles a pathetic showing and humiliating defeat.

Sigh. This won’t be good for anybody that doesn’t write for Saturday Night Live or other comedy shows/performers.

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ha hahahahahahahahaha! Ohhhhhhhhhmygodican’tbreathe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let’s go to the quarry and throw stuff down there!

Excellent.
Release 10 years of full financial disclosure NOW…
(The Don is a chap who has nothing to hide, correct?)

I hear the speech will be re-run later today.

On Comedy Central.

From the announcement:

Call me crazy, but I’m not seeing a lot of the Hispanic vote going his way.

When he gets relegated to the Losers’ Bracket debate, will he even show up?

I have to admit, this makes me so happy.

One wonders what he plans to do when he tells Mexico to pay for it and Mexico tells him where he can stick his giant wall.

Does it? Don’t entirely rule out the possibility that, through some freak combination of flukes, he might actually win . . . and then the most powerful republic in the world will be led by that extraterrestrial parasitic organism that lives on The Donald’s scalp! :eek:

All hail our new hirsute, alien overlords!

The Republican establishment must be seething. What many people already see as a group of candidates who are largely a joke, now have a real joke running. He’s going to get suppport, too, quite a bit of it. It means he’s going to the debates into a comedy show, and it also means that a serious candidate is going to be bumped off the stage since Fox News is only letting 10 candidates in the main debate. Right now, that looks like it could be Chris Christie or Rick Perry. They probably have no shot anyway, but they would elevate the debate as opposed to pulling it down.

Well, maybe not Rick Perry, but Christie actually does have ideas and was at one time a favorite to win the nomination. Chris Wallace and Megyn ZKelly are both moderating the debate, and both can get quite cantakerous, even with Republicans. Wallace has been on somewhat of a roll lately and he doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

With just a little bit of movement, it could be Santorum getting bumped.

This is the reason I thought he never ever would run, just threaten to. I would think he wouldn’t want people to really see his finances. He is super rich, but not as rich and successful as he’d like people to think
Also, the Democratic National Committee had the best response ever:

The perfect response. Or it’s the most perfect response possible until Jon Stewart comments tonight.

What makes you say that?

He’s not even Super Rich. There’s some solid questions as to whether or not he’s even a Billionaire once you count his debts. “Fuckface Von Clownstick” greatly inflates the imaginary “brand value” of his name and includes that in his estimates of his net worth. No one in the real world is going to tell you that this is real wealth.

There’s a precisely ZERO chance that he sticks around long enough to do a full disclosure.

. . . OK, there’s got to be a sophomoric pun in there somewhere . . .

When does he have to do a full disclosure?

Just when you thought all of the clowns had emerged from the Pubbie clown car, here comes the biggest clown of all!

Trump barges in, squeezing out Santorum.

I don’t think he has to at all. There will probably be a couple who disclose and then try, along with the media, to shame the rest into disclosure.