Jack Batty, what the hell...?

This got my ire up, and my ire has been drawing workman’s comp for some time:

Jesus Christ on a fuckstick conga line, what is this bullshit? Is reasoned opinion on this board now Freepish and Palindicative? I’m sorry that your literacy-challenged republic once thought Vice President Sarah Palin was something above what a schizophrenic hears the voices whisper to him in a food-poisoning-induced nightmare, but you personally have fallen through subcellars of stupidity to suggest she would ever have an kind of moral or intellectual edge over this message board, or indeed over a pile of diarrhea-stained post-it notes covered in scribbled Bieber lyrics.

Get your fucking act together, Jack, or seek medical sterilization at first opportunity.

I’ll respond when I think of something of something of substance.

You should consult with **elucidator **on that. (And maybe andros.)

Well I don’t know just what happened or who’s got the high ground, but on its surface that was a mighty fine smack-down that could be copy/pasted pretty much as it is. Well done!
8.6/10, lost 1 point for excessive brevity, concentration of content notwithstanding.

I used to play bass for “Freepish and Palindicative.”

Some posters were riffing on a comment stating that it was “open season” on Republicans. Nobody was advocating actual murder. I think.

Naw, he had a valid point. As one of the participants in the “hunting for Republicans” joke, I’ll admit, it was in bad taste.

Not quite as bad as the “crosshairs on politicians’ names” joke, however, for that identified specific individuals. The “hunting” joke is abstract, and first forces you to contemplate Republicans running naked through the forest, with racks on antlers on their heads. The “crosshairs” joke is closer to the ugly reality of people taking shots at real people.

So, our joke was less offensive, but, well, sure, fact is it was a bit tacky.

And he has another good point, which, ineptly, he didn’t expand on. Not that we’d feel foolish if Sarah Palin made her joke again, but, like Sarah Palin, we’d feel foolish if some asshole actually went out and shot a Republican. The Gabby Giffords shooting was what made Palin feel foolish, and so, if someone blows the head off a Republican Congressman from Montana, we who were making the hunting joke would feel bad.

Also, the BBQ Pit is not the same as a web site sponsored by an actual politician.

I glad SOMEBODY actually came in to explain what the bitching was actually about.

OP gets an F minus for lack of detail.

Well, his main defect* was probably leaving out this link.

*In this OP only, I mean. I really can’t speculate regarding Mr. Ekers’ main defect(s) in general. I’d suggest a note to Mrs. Ekers if you’re that interested.

What a coincidence. I was rhthym guitar for Fuckstick Conga Line.

Did it? I recall how it made her look even more foolish, but I don’t recall her expressing remorse for it. Or even getting how tacky it was.

I saw you guys in a little club before you went mainstream!

Hipster.

I think I remember your underground album. Was it sort of punk with a Latin swing sensibility? Or am I thinking of Fuckwalk Like an Egyptian?

(I met a guy in a bar once who gave me the whole history of the band breaking up and the front man starting up The Fuckstix with a young Trent Reznor. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that was actually the Subcellars of Stupidity.)

Hey! Even in The Pit there are rules.

Yeah, this ain’t 'Nam, man.

Someone must have gotten it, because they took down the crosshairs web site. That’s at least a backhanded acknowledgement of error.

(Republicans usually double down on the stupid…)

You’re right. It’s Chinatown!

The degree to which this sentence is mangled (coming from a poster sneering at our beloved “literacy-challenged republic”) did not actually fry my irony meter, but it did briefly push the needle into the red zone.

Aside from the typo that rendered “any” as “an” (and arguably the lack of capitalization on “post-it”), there is nothing grammatically improper about that sentence. Your irony meter is oversensitive.

Just like everything else in your country.