Old 05-30-2016, 09:05 AM

Got a new gaming rig--what one latest game should I get to revel in the graphics?

It's not totally top of the line but it's pretty sweet--gtx 970m graphics card, i7-4210 cpu, 16gb ram.

I can play all my four year old games at highest ultra super cool settings now at 75hz.

I know the very latest games that are graphically intensive probably won't play at the very highest settings but it's sure to be way better than anything I've been able to do before.

I don't want to go crazy though. I want to just get _one_ game. And the question is, what game should it be?
Advertisements  
Old 05-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Depends, what kind of games do you enjoy ?
Old 05-30-2016, 01:18 PM

You can always go the time honored "Skyrim with a billion mods" route which has the advantage that you probably already own Skyrim.

Aside from that, as Kobal2 notes, knowing what kind of game you like would help over recommending a graphic intensive game you won't enjoy.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:45 PM

Games I've enjoyed lately include Skyrim, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, and Civ 5, and the Total War games. Nothing too graphically intensive for the most part, even at release!

But for this purpose I'm willing to stretch out a bit. The only restriction is, for my kid's sake, I don't want it to be too bloody and violent. (Overwatch is cartoony...)

I'm right now thinking Total War Warhammer if it turns out to be any good. What other suggestions though?