Old 06-20-2016, 08:56 PM

Of course, if nothing else the TRUMP 2016 paradigm is that unrepentant disregard for the rules of the establishment is now as de rigueur as apple pie.
Advertisements  
Old 06-21-2016, 07:26 AM

My fellow Americans, I am very glad to see this little gathering. We must overthrow the monarchy and make our country safe for hypocrisy! *cues 'CHEERS" card* There shall be less work and more play. Every Thursday you shall receive hamburger and egg! *cues 'CHEERS" card* We shall extend our neighbors a helping hand. We shall give them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors. Beblach!
Old 06-21-2016, 09:43 AM

You know, when I started this campaign I made a bet. "NOBODY is stupid enough to vote for me", I said.

Well, I was wrong. We have the stupidest citizenry in the history of the world.

Goodbye. I'm heading to a place with smarter people ... North Korea. All Hail President Kim!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:59 AM

Mis Queridos Americanos,

Hoy ha llegado el dia que hemos esperado por mucho tiempo, la reunion de el norte y el sur. Es mas, ahora no va ver separacion de los dos paises que mas bien saben son uno e igual. Ahora todos somos hermanos reunidos!

Le doy gracias a todos que fueron antes de nosotros, que trabajaron a llegar a cabo este triunfo maravilloso y con orgullo les digo que fue dichoso el sacrificio que tomamos todo en asegurar este milagro, y les juro que no van a despreciar este nuevo oportunidad
Old 06-21-2016, 12:32 PM

My fellow Americans,
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass - and I'm all outta bubblegum.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVME702-redux View Post
Mis Queridos Americanos,

Hoy ha llegado el dia que hemos esperado por mucho tiempo, la reunion de el norte y el sur. Es mas, ahora no va ver separacion de los dos paises que mas bien saben son uno e igual. Ahora todos somos hermanos reunidos!

Le doy gracias a todos que fueron antes de nosotros, que trabajaron a llegar a cabo este triunfo maravilloso y con orgullo les digo que fue dichoso el sacrificio que tomamos todo en asegurar este milagro, y les juro que no van a despreciar este nuevo oportunidad
Duolingo says I'm currently 10% fluid in Spanish. This tells me it is much closer to 1%.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Duolingo says I'm currently 10% fluid in Spanish. This tells me it is much closer to 1%.
Don't worry, that looks like something written in English or another not-spanish language and then google-translated.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:27 PM

"While most presidents try to show you how much they are like you, I won't. I'm different from all of you. Very, very, very different. And I'm not at all interested in doing anything to placate you. I will rule in a way I feel is best and not because you like it. In the end, you'll be better off, but you might not feel like it. Objectively, I will be the best president you've ever had, but subjectively, some of you will shit yourself as your traditions are brushed aside. Get over it."
Old 06-21-2016, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogSothoth View Post
"While most presidents try to show you how much they are like you, I won't. I'm different from all of you. Very, very, very different. And I'm not at all interested in doing anything to placate you. I will rule in a way I feel is best and not because you like it. In the end, you'll be better off, but you might not feel like it. Objectively, I will be the best president you've ever had, but subjectively, some of you will shit yourself as your traditions are brushed aside. Get over it."
Obama?
Old 06-21-2016, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
With a speech like that, lucky you're already at the inauguration stage, because I have no idea how you were elected!

ETA: Then again, you are an inscrutable Old One, so...

Last edited by Leaper; 06-21-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaper View Post
With a speech like that, lucky you're already at the inauguration stage, because I have no idea how you were elected!
Don't blame me I voted for Nyarlathotep!
Old 06-21-2016, 09:27 PM
SDSAB

Why choose the lesser evil?

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/085d5...sm=12&fit=max&
Old 06-22-2016, 08:26 AM

"Hey guys. I know I should say something like 'My fellow Americans', but that sounds too formal, and I'm not a formal kind of guy. So from now on, enough with that.

Well, I don't know what to say about all this. Well, I'm your president. I don't know which one of us should be more surprised. No really. I have no idea what I'm doing. But I promise I'll try to figure it out. And I've been told that they are going to give me advisors to help me and teach me... so... yeah.

Way back when I... well I had no idea that I was even in the order of succession. And then that series of freak accidents.... who knew that cats could be so vicious? And that toilet that fell from that Delta flight right... Whoo boy, talk about bad luck happening in 3s. That was 3 times 3.

Anyway, umm... Let me just say that I know I'm not the guy you chose for this job, but I'm the guy you got. So suck it."
Old 06-22-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Obama?
Obama spent 2 years trying to placate the GOP and his opponents. He was one of the most moderate presidents we've had in decades. You must have just woken up from cryostasis and think the mess in Congress is his fault
Old 06-22-2016, 11:52 AM
BANNED

"I'm in the driver's seat! I'm runnin' the show! I'M THE FUCKIN' PRESIDENT!"
Old 06-22-2016, 11:59 AM

I'm PRESIDENTING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER
Old 06-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Obama spent 2 years trying to placate the GOP and his opponents. He was one of the most moderate presidents we've had in decades. You must have just woken up from cryostasis and think the mess in Congress is his fault
No, I'm referring to the current Obama who has obviously run out of fucks to give.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:24 PM

These two speeches should get awards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I thank you for choosing me to become President of the United States.

We Americans are a hard-working, good and generous people. We can, in freedom, accomplish amazing things: confronting tyranny and extremism, caring for the less fortunate, and exploring the universe. This great republic has met and overcome every challenge for centuries. I am certain that it always will, blessed by God and faithfully guided by the Constitution given us by the genius of the Framers.

And now, with determination, deep humility and an abiding hope for the future, I will swear the same oath sworn by George Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Max View Post
"My Fellow Americans.

The hour of a new future is upon us. History will remember the day that we left the old, stagnant stalemates of yesteryear and embrace a new era of progress, of reinvestment, and a new competitiveness to make our economy, our society and our children the very best they can be.

Some politicians wish to spend billions of dollars to build a wall. We're going to be building--and repairing--our roads, our trains, and our airports.

Some politicians believe that healthcare is a great way to force Americans into bankruptcy and poverty. We're going to create single payer healthcare for all Americans.

Some politicians seek to destroy families and deport over ten million undocumented immigrants to this country. I am issuing, by executive order, an amnesty and a path to citizenship, for all those who have complied with the law.

Some politicians believe that we should sell firearms to terror suspects, to the mentally ill, and to hardened criminals. We will ban the myriad ways that our laws allow these purchases, and we will hold accountable those who would make those transactions.

Some politicians believe that the war on drugs is a war worth waging. For forty years, we've sought to punish those who use controlled substances but have basically made them unable to live normal lives and created a gigantic underworld economy. It is long overdue to end stiff punishments against non-violent drug users and address drug use for what it is--a symptom of mental health. Our Administration will seek to offer rehabilitation as a national priority.

Finally, my fellow Americans, too many politicians have simply voted for their donor friends. Too many have and implemented policies reflecting the names on their checks and too few have listened to what you have to say. We have the right to regulate our elections, to get dark money out of politics, and to defend our own freedom from lobbyists. I will require my nominees to the Supreme Court to overturn the misguided mantra of money as speech, and if it is otherwise impossible, I will call for a constitutional amendment to explicitly claim this freedom for all Americans.

Thank you all.
God Bless You
God Bless the United States of America!"
Old 06-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

In defiance of all constitutional, practical, and theological precedent, you, America, have chosen me as President. With great humility, I declare the quadrilingual Esperantic Hegemony of North America! Bonvenon! Bienvenue! ¡Bienvenido! Welcome!

I a
Old 06-26-2016, 01:22 PM

My former fellow Americans, I have renounced my citizenship and have as of this afternoon become a San Marinoan. I refuse to remain a citizen of any country whose voters would have me as a president. Long live cousin Marinus. Arrivederci!

(a nod to Groucho)
Old 06-30-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Don't worry, that looks like something written in English or another not-spanish language and then google-translated.
No- Spanish is my native language.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:09 PM

¿Te sientes bien?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:05 PM

I still can't believe I'm here. Now what am I supposed to do with this château behind me?

Last edited by ultimate11; 07-27-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:32 PM
born to be shunned

My fellow Americans - what the Hell were you thinking? Have you ever read any of my posts on the SDMB? Did you ever talk to anyone who knew me? My own mother wants me dead and you elect me President? Pass some of that stuff around - we're going to need it the next 4 years. Myself included!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:57 PM

Loved Blue Max's speech!
Old 07-28-2016, 08:52 AM

Well! My teleprompter is broken, the White House printer was out of ink, the family dog chewed the backup papers (we're revising our policy on having pets on the White House anyways), and to top things off, our speechwriter just had a heart attack. And if that isn't bad enough, the WiFi is down, the internal network is disabled, our telephone service is offline, our telegraph service hasn't been used in decades (and it didn't work), our attempt at flying an eagle to give us the speech has failed (and actually, I don't think we tried that yet), and on top of all this, I can't come up with a speech now because I just smoked something. Oh wait- did I already give a speech out? *snickers*

To hell with this, is this ceremony over? Let's have lunch, who's with me?
Old 07-28-2016, 09:37 AM

My fellow Americans, Franklin Delano Roosevelt famously stated that we have nothing to fear but fear itself. How wrong he was.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:20 PM

Ladies and gentlemen...
...of the Strategic Air Command:
Charlie
Alpha
Papa
Eight
One
One
Old 07-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Charter Jays Fan

"I am not Constitutionally eligible to be President. But apparently you decided otherwise. However, the pay is good. So I'll spend the next four years doing the best I can to make your lives better. Then you can decide if I've done a good job. I'm going to go to the afterparty now. Thanks, see ya later."