Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 06-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Emiliana Emiliana is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
Doesn't the username kind of scream "I'm a banned poster back with a sock?"
It does indeed. I almost feel like I know the guy.
  #152  
Old 06-05-2016, 01:44 PM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Who cares if they're in on it?

I'm in favor of treating every thread with earnestness and sincerity. If the subject in real, we might actually help someone; if not, at least we had a good conversation. And if some random loser on the internet is laughing at us from the shadows... let them.
This is generally my approach -- I've been criticized by more than a few dopers (whom I still love!) for 'feeding the trolls' far too much, but I enjoy the discussion and back-and-forth too much to change the way I post, except to try and move such discussions to their own threads (which I've been doing lately).

Plus, every so often there's a breakthrough!

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 06-05-2016 at 01:45 PM.
  #153  
Old 06-05-2016, 05:15 PM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Thudlow low gives the boffinator what for!

Last edited by John Mace; 06-05-2016 at 05:15 PM.
  #154  
Old 06-05-2016, 05:26 PM
lorene lorene is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by oft wears hats View Post
I didn't realize that the Queen of Menstruation had joined our ranks. She'll set those spoiled brats straight. The nerve of some people, having debilitating menstrual cramps just to get attention.
Ah, the old "if I don't experience it, it doesn't exist" mentality. Shitforbrains, indeed.
  #155  
Old 06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
No, no, no. I'm too cool too experience it, which is even better.
  #156  
Old 06-05-2016, 06:48 PM
wolfpup wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Thudlow low gives the boffinator what for!
News Flash!!! boffinator feels so strongly about the subject that in the thread he started the first time (not that one, but the original linked from that one) that he actually came back to his own thread -- not once, but twice! That has to be a record for someone whose typical return rate is zero.
  #157  
Old 06-05-2016, 06:58 PM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
News Flash!!! boffinator feels so strongly about the subject that in the thread he started the first time (not that one, but the original linked from that one) that he actually came back to his own thread -- not once, but twice! That has to be a record for someone whose typical return rate is zero.
I think he's a student. Which explains a lot.
  #158  
Old 06-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Colibri Colibri is online now
SD Curator of Critters
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Panama
Posts: 37,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
Have the Mods ever banned someone from certain fora but not others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Yes, I believe so. And some posters have been banned for certain topics, regardless of forum.
I can't recall a case where we've instructed a poster not to post in a particular forum. Topic bans yes, but they extend across forums.
  #159  
Old 06-05-2016, 09:56 PM
running coach running coach is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 32,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
I can't recall a case where we've instructed a poster not to post in a particular forum. Topic bans yes, but they extend across forums.
Woot!
Unexplored territory!
  #160  
Old 06-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Colibri Colibri is online now
SD Curator of Critters
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Panama
Posts: 37,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Woot!
Unexplored territory!
The problem is that if you banned them from a forum they would just start inappropriate threads in the wrong forum, and you would have to move or close them.
  #161  
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 PM
digs digs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: West of Wauwatosa
Posts: 7,314
Good thing I'm not a mod, because I'd come up with oddly specific bans, stretching on for multiple paragraphs (not to mention spelling out what they would be legally obligated to bake me if they disregarded the ban).

"I'm sorry, John, but before you use the word 'Reactionary' in GD, you need to get out of your jammies, and be well into your second cup of coffee. Now, if you want to use 'Muckraker' instead, you're going to have to put on a tie and wait 24 hours between typing and hitting 'Submit"..."
  #162  
Old 06-06-2016, 03:38 AM
MrDibble MrDibble is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cape Town, South Africa &
Posts: 21,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
The problem is that if you banned them from a forum they would just start inappropriate threads in the wrong forum, and you would have to move or close them.
See, what you should do is, you move them to the forum the guy is banned from, then, since he's probably subscribed to his own thread rather than getting there from a forum link, he'll post in the banned forum and WHAM! Warning! Couple rounds of that in rapid succession and the poster won't be a problem anymore, but he did it to himself.

This is (one of many reasons) why they will never let me mod
  #163  
Old 06-06-2016, 04:35 AM
kaylasdad99 kaylasdad99 is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 28,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Good thing I'm not a mod, because I'd come up with oddly specific bans, stretching on for multiple paragraphs (not to mention spelling out what they would be legally obligated to bake me if they disregarded the ban).

"I'm sorry, John, but before you use the word 'Reactionary' in GD, you need to get out of your jammies, and be well into your second cup of coffee. Now, if you want to use 'Muckraker' instead, you're going to have to put on a tie and wait 24 hours between typing and hitting 'Submit"..."
I'd join that message board.

Not as a paying member, of course.
  #164  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:45 AM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
I can't recall a case where we've instructed a poster not to post in a particular forum. Topic bans yes, but they extend across forums.
I thought Reeder was banned from GD, but maybe my memory is faulty.
  #165  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:52 AM
elucidator elucidator is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 56,892
Or maybe it isn't, and you just don't remember. I carry ID in my wallet, not so much for being asked to prove who I am, but mostly in case I forget.
  #166  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM
naita naita is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Norway
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
It is not John Mace Quotient -- it is Post to Thread Ratio ratio.

Mine is 1393 posts: 80 threads or 17.4

Average is 19,223,379 posts: 746,640 threads for 4,970 active members. It is 25.7 -- I should post more and start less threads.
Fewer threads.
  #167  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:57 AM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Clarification: My memory is definitely faulty. It's more a matter of whether it's faulty on that particular item or not.

Then there's our very own Der Trihs. I think his ban is self-imposed, but he will claim that he is effectively banned from that forum since he would be "forced to lie" to continue posting there.
  #168  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Frank Frank is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 20,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
I thought Reeder was banned from GD, but maybe my memory is faulty.
He was banned from starting daily threads about George Bush. If you can trust my memory.

Yep, you can.

Last edited by Frank; 06-06-2016 at 11:20 AM.
  #169  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:34 AM
digs digs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: West of Wauwatosa
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Then there's our very own Der Trihs. I think his ban is self-imposed, but he will claim that he is effectively banned from that forum since he would be "forced to lie" to continue posting there.
Der Trihs and Rand Rover are among a handful of posters where I breathed a sigh of relief when they disappeared.

But what's the "forced to lie" aspect?

(I'm practicing my eyeroll so I'll be ready for the answer...)
  #170  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:42 AM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Der Trihs and Rand Rover are among a handful of posters where I breathed a sigh of relief when they disappeared.

But what's the "forced to lie" aspect?

(I'm practicing my eyeroll so I'll be ready for the answer...)
He might have to admit that there could maybe, possibly, theoretically, be one Christian in the world who wasn't a despicably horrible person.
  #171  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:57 AM
kayaker kayaker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 27,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Der Trihs and Rand Rover are among a handful of posters where I breathed a sigh of relief when they disappeared.
Define "disappeared".
Der Trihs
Last Activity: Today 06:42 AM
  #172  
Old 06-06-2016, 12:16 PM
digs digs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: West of Wauwatosa
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Define "disappeared".
Der Trihs
Last Activity: Today 06:42 AM
Oh! I haven't noticed him in quite a while... either he's toned down his rhetoric so as to come across as a normal poster, or his "self-imposed ban" is keeping him out of the threads I open*. Thanks for the warning to stay vigilant.

*Hmmm, now there's a ban I'd like to see imposed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Mod
All the moderators got together for a few beers and have come to the concensus that you are annoying a few of our most beloved posters. Please refrain from posting in any threads that digs or kayaker or John Mace have posted in. Here or on any other board. This includes YouTube comments or Wikipedia.
No warning given if you comply.
  #173  
Old 06-06-2016, 02:31 PM
El_Kabong El_Kabong is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle
Posts: 14,305
So what do you think of Dunmurry then?

So I'm reading the Dope just reading along and kind of notice this guy who seems to really be interested in what kind of sandwiches I like and what I want in my tea and has interesting problems he needs help with like a plastic duck that quacks whenever someone turns on a fluorescent light and whether they sew dismembered people back together for the funeral and suchlike and I'm just amazed 'cause I only just noticed him the past few months but he's been here almost as long as I have. And I don't think he's a troll necessarily but he never seems to come back to any of the threads he starts and doesn't seem to post much to anyone else's threads and his grammar's a bit peculiar but anyway I wonder what do you think is up with him then?
  #174  
Old 06-06-2016, 02:55 PM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
So I'm reading the Dope just reading along and kind of notice this guy who seems to really be interested in what kind of sandwiches I like and what I want in my tea and has interesting problems he needs help with like a plastic duck that quacks whenever someone turns on a fluorescent light and whether they sew dismembered people back together for the funeral and suchlike and I'm just amazed 'cause I only just noticed him the past few months but he's been here almost as long as I have. And I don't think he's a troll necessarily but he never seems to come back to any of the threads he starts and doesn't seem to post much to anyone else's threads and his grammar's a bit peculiar but anyway I wonder what do you think is up with him then?
I don't know. Why don't you feed him and see what happens.
  #175  
Old 06-06-2016, 03:14 PM
TroutMan TroutMan is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,634
I always read his posts in this voice. They don't make any more sense, but I'm guessing it's pretty true to life.

ETA: and giving credit where credit is due, Frank clued me in to the similarities.

Last edited by TroutMan; 06-06-2016 at 03:17 PM.
  #176  
Old 06-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Drunky Smurf Drunky Smurf is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Smurf Village.
Posts: 10,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
But I also read many more posts then I write.
Which implies that one watches too much necrophilia porn.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
My only problem with that is that sometimes it seems some people aren't in on it.
Oh nos! The internet doesn't work the way you want it to? Now I has a sad.



Quote:
And there's no clear way to let people know that we suspect someone is trolling, other than having a thread like this that you hope people check (and they don't).
I aglee, no one ever checks these type of threads. I don't think I've ever even seen one.
  #177  
Old 06-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Colibri Colibri is online now
SD Curator of Critters
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Panama
Posts: 37,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
I always read his posts in this voice. They don't make any more sense, but I'm guessing it's pretty true to life.
I think of them more in this voice.
  #178  
Old 06-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Emiliana Emiliana is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
So I'm reading the Dope just reading along and kind of notice this guy who seems to really be interested in what kind of sandwiches I like and what I want in my tea and has interesting problems he needs help with like a plastic duck that quacks whenever someone turns on a fluorescent light and whether they sew dismembered people back together for the funeral and suchlike and I'm just amazed 'cause I only just noticed him the past few months but he's been here almost as long as I have. And I don't think he's a troll necessarily but he never seems to come back to any of the threads he starts and doesn't seem to post much to anyone else's threads and his grammar's a bit peculiar but anyway I wonder what do you think is up with him then?
Never having noticed him before, I'm now going to see him in every thread I open, right?

(Dismembered people should always be sewn back together.)
  #179  
Old 06-06-2016, 06:00 PM
CCitizen CCitizen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by naita View Post
Fewer threads.
And more posts.
  #180  
Old 06-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Ulf the Unwashed Ulf the Unwashed is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
I don't know. Why don't you feed him and see what happens.
It's the constant use of "then" that amuses me...sounds like someone who has identified a regionalism from an area he/she wants to be associated with and is using it absolutely to death. I'm not sure who says "then" for no apparent reason at the end of a sentence, but I suspect it's British Isles somewhere. I have a cousin like that--as a teenager he decided he wanted to be Canadian (he was not) and started peppering his speech with things like "toque" and "zed" and the like, and used Canadian spellings such as "centre" and "colour." Went out of his way to use them.

Anyway, I responded to one of Dunmurry's posts at some point with a torrent of "then"s, just for fun, but I didn't expect it would change his posting ways, and indeed it did not.
  #181  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 PM
El_Kabong El_Kabong is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle
Posts: 14,305
Speak of the devil, then...

Another {vague stream of consciousness blather} "so what do you think about it?" thread, with (probably) no follow-up, like just about all the others.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 06-06-2016 at 09:52 PM.
  #182  
Old 06-06-2016, 10:41 PM
TroutMan TroutMan is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,634
He did return to one thread, and his response was more incomprehensible than his OP (I linked to it above). So be careful about encouraging him to reply.
  #183  
Old 06-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Telemark Telemark is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Again, Titletown
Posts: 20,076
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=795088

Gotta be a troll, is it really possible to be that oblivious to reality?
  #184  
Old 06-07-2016, 10:18 AM
running coach running coach is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 32,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=795088

Gotta be a troll, is it really possible to be that oblivious to reality?
It's boffking, so yes.
ETA: And he returned to his thread. A rare "treat".

Last edited by running coach; 06-07-2016 at 10:20 AM.
  #185  
Old 06-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Telemark Telemark is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Again, Titletown
Posts: 20,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
ETA: And he returned to his thread. A rare "treat".
Of course he completely ignored the only other post in the thread so it's barely returning, just post banal drip from the OP.
  #186  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:46 PM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
They're popping up left and right these days. Never heard of that fellow before.
  #187  
Old 06-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Emiliana Emiliana is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Speak of the devil, then...

Another {vague stream of consciousness blather} "so what do you think about it?" thread, with (probably) no follow-up, like just about all the others.
Long game or crack in the old psychic veneer?
  #188  
Old 06-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Sunny Daze Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
They're popping up left and right these days. Never heard of that fellow before.
I think I called him early on. I'm glad you now see the wisdom of my wisdom.

Other pings on the radar this week:

Lance Strongarm for his forcible anal penetration is not sexual assault thread.

CCitizen for jumping into yet more threads with his strange fixation about Liberals ending the First Amendment and how men can't use the First Amendment, but women can, yada, yada. I really go back and forth on the honesty of his beliefs. Internally, does he believe what he says? This week I'm too irritated to care.

Last edited by Sunny Daze; 06-08-2016 at 07:03 PM.
  #189  
Old 06-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Emiliana Emiliana is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsun View Post
I think I called him early on. I'm glad you now see the wisdom of my wisdom.

Other pings on the radar this week:

Lance Strongarm for his forcible anal penetration is not sexual assault thread.

CCitizen for jumping into yet more threads with his strange fixation about Liberals ending the First Amendment and how men can't use the First Amendment, but women can, yada, yada. I really go back and forth on the honesty of his beliefs. Internally, does he believe what he says? This week I'm too irritated to care.
I thought Lance was just dumb for a long while. But, yes, the "just asking questions about anal rape" thread definitely hits the trolldar.
  #190  
Old 06-08-2016, 09:42 PM
TroutMan TroutMan is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,634
Then there's the odd case of Shockaholics, who seems to randomly bump threads with nonsensical posts. Take a look at his posting history - it's just a series of bumped threads.

The linked post above is evidently referring to this one. If you believe him, he's a 13-year old with Aspergers. He certainly has...something.
  #191  
Old 06-08-2016, 10:00 PM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsun View Post
I think I called him early on. I'm glad you now see the wisdom of my wisdom.

Other pings on the radar this week:

Lance Strongarm for his forcible anal penetration is not sexual assault thread.
Sure seems incomprehensible, but that thread is spilling over on the 2nd page-- has anyone even asked for a link to the story he's talking about? That's the thing I don't get about this place. How many people are willing to pontificate about something based on "I heard this story...." or "I got this from someone on Facebook" without seeing the source.
  #192  
Old 06-08-2016, 10:04 PM
running coach running coach is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 32,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Sure seems incomprehensible, but that thread is spilling over on the 2nd page-- has anyone even asked for a link to the story he's talking about? That's the thing I don't get about this place. How many people are willing to pontificate about something based on "I heard this story...." or "I got this from someone on Facebook" without seeing the source.
Maybe they're afraid.
  #193  
Old 06-10-2016, 01:34 AM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Shitheadking is mad as hell and he is not going to take it anymore!

Last edited by John Mace; 06-10-2016 at 01:34 AM.
  #194  
Old 06-12-2016, 11:22 AM
El_Kabong El_Kabong is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle
Posts: 14,305
Admittedly a rookie, but I see a certain potential for greatness from Pearl Clutching Provacateur.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...postcount=1172
  #195  
Old 06-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Sunny Daze Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,784
I've noticed her before. I'm still trying to parse that sentence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl Clutching Provocateur View Post
How is Google going to hide the Islamic terror attack in Orlando to protect Hillary's presidential bid? A whole page and not one mention of how this is going to affect the election. Obama has made us vulnerable. He has blood on his hands. We were safe under Bush.
Let's see: Google is going to protect Hillary by hiding news of the attack, because no one gets their news anywhere else. Let alone the rest of that. Yes, potential indeed.
  #196  
Old 06-12-2016, 01:56 PM
elucidator elucidator is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 56,892
Things often go sour after they turn professional.

Last edited by elucidator; 06-12-2016 at 01:56 PM.
  #197  
Old 06-12-2016, 01:57 PM
John Mace John Mace is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 81,068
Or electric. She was a lot better when she stuck to acoustic.
  #198  
Old 06-12-2016, 03:57 PM
elucidator elucidator is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 56,892
They never learn! Look how it totally ruined Bob Dylan's career!
  #199  
Old 06-13-2016, 12:59 AM
digs digs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: West of Wauwatosa
Posts: 7,314
So what's Bob been up to? Still making music?

(I gave up on him after Newport. I mean, electric guitars are for twangy surf music, not folk.)
  #200  
Old 06-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Sunny Daze Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,784
I've spotted another rookie with potential. He's mad, he's bad, he's Giraffes Can't Dance!

A sampling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffes Can't Dance View Post
Of course you don't need a gun. You reside in some safe, lily-white domain, detached from the realities of danger. You're also an ignoramus of a leftist, too sanctimonious to absorb the meaning of the 2nd amendment.

As for me:

I'm a libertarian who's never owned a gun, nor even held one. I'm from a violent area in Chicago, where the strictest of gun laws have failed to stall the violence. All said laws do is make it hard for the good guys--many of whom are minorities being held hostage in their own neighborhoods--from obtaining guns. And I've got a big dick.

Now get back to your lily-white existence!
I think he could go all. the. way. Off the Board, I mean. He's really ranting hard straight out of the gate.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2017 Sun-Times Media, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017