Old 06-10-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
There is nothing criminal about that so you must think it is unethical and immoral for a parent to defend his son's actions by trying to paint them as a moment of indiscretion. What exactly is unethical about a parent doing this?
It was such a stupid letter. Of all the things his father could have said-- what volunteer work he has done, what contributions he has made, what his plans were for the future, and how they demonstrated substance of character, what he did that demonstrated strong family ties, he writes about how his son no longer relishes steak, and no longer steals his father's snack food. The letter that was supposed to argue for mitigation actually painted a picture of a pretty selfish and immature person, whose parents weren't helping the matter by thinking things he did like filching snack food, were cute and funny. I mean, it's not grand larceny, but it's hardly something to mention when you are trying to argue that someone's rule-breaking was an aberration. The father was giving an example of his son taking what he wants regardless of whom it actually belongs to, and completely unaware of the irony.

The son's letter wasn't much better, although it was a bit better. His side of the story was unsupported, but at least it seems he didn't drag an already-unconscious woman outside and behind a dumpster. His writing was so bad, it was distracting. It read like something a middle schooler would write. Cross Stanford off potential schools for my son.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I thought she was talking about the pine needles in her hair not her vagina.
From the letter:

"I learned that my ass and vagina were completely exposed outside, my breasts had been groped, fingers had been jabbed inside me along with pine needles and debris, my bare skin and head had been rubbing against the ground behind a dumpster, while an erect freshman was humping my half naked, unconscious body. "
Old 06-10-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
Cross Stanford off potential schools for my son.
He can't swim good, huh?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Charter Member

"20 minutes of 'action' " gets lifetime ban from USA Swimming
Old 06-10-2016, 04:28 PM

If my son were in this position I too would write to the judge asking for justice to be tempered with mercy. Yes, he did a terrible thing, but what sort of father would turn his back on his son at such a moment? Should he have asked them to throw away the key, let the guy rot?

He's a father, the guy is his fucking son. Unload on the perp as you please but give the father a fucking break. He has done nothing wrong although from some of the comments you'd be forgiven for thinking he was there behind his son cheering him on.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post

Quote:
I thought she was talking about the pine needles in her hair not her vagina.

From the letter:

"I learned that my ass and vagina were completely exposed outside, my breasts had been groped, fingers had been jabbed inside me along with pine needles and debris, my bare skin and head had been rubbing against the ground behind a dumpster, while an erect freshman was humping my half naked, unconscious body. "
Damuri Ajashi - you should read the whole letter. It's quite powerful. They're arranging for it to be read into the Congressional Record next week, as a statement about the impact of rape on American women.

Here's the letter -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nford-swimmer/

And here, about the Congressional reading -
http://abc7news.com/news/congress-to...ictim/1378269/
Old 06-10-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
He can't swim good, huh?
He's a lousy swimmer, even though he tries. But, he's nine and can already write better than Brock Turner.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Damuri Ajashi - you should read the whole letter. It's quite powerful. They're arranging for it to be read into the Congressional Record next week, as a statement about the impact of rape on American women.
I read part of it. Couldn't finish.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
There is nothing criminal about that so you must think it is unethical and immoral for a parent to defend his son's actions by trying to paint them as a moment of indiscretion. What exactly is unethical about a parent doing this?
It doesn't really matter that he was the kid's parent; IMO, the friend who wrote a letter is exhibiting equally indefensible behavior. What's unethical about it is that it minimizes and tries to blame the victim and does not acknowledge the seriousness of the crime. Do you think Dan Turner would be okay with a sentence of 6 months in county for the guy who raped his wife? Do you think he would accept the same arguments he proffered?
Quote:
I mean his lawyer did much worse, was he unethical or is the lawyer's duty to Brock greater than the father's?
Lawyers operate under a different set of ethics that we as a society have agreed upon; were you unaware of this?

Quote:
Brock had already gotten convicted and the father was trying to convince the judge to impose the lightest sentence possible. Is the father supposed to tell the judge to just throw his son under the prison because his son is such a horrible person?
It is possible to plea for mercy without denigrating the person your loved one has already victimized. By dragging this thru the court for a year, where was the entire Turner family's consideration for the victim? Brock Turner was guilty; instead of accepting his guilt, they've done nothing but deflect and deny. To me, that alone is unethical behavior but perhaps to you, anything at all is fine if it's done in defense of a loved one, even when that loved one has committed a heinous act.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-10-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scylla View Post
What did the father do that was criminal? The major sin of the letter the father wrote is that it is actually poorly crafted, and, as Dangerosa points out, it probably would have been a good idea for someone to review it more carefully than it was. I don't see what law was broken or ethical line was crossed. He made bad arguments insensitively. He did so in writing.
I didn't say he did anything criminal; I do think he did something unethical with his letter. His son was clearly guilty. He had already been found guilty. Yet his father sought to minimize the serious nature of the crime in order to spare his son tim win prison, right?

Let me put that in other words: this man sought to put a dangerous, violent individual back in public with little to no supervision, placing untold numbers of people at risk because he really likes the dangerous, violent individual a lot.

And you want to say that's a normal, acceptable thing for someone to do? I strongly disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scylla View Post
But I was counting on you!
I was serious. What you wrote does not describe the events under discussion and could be said to reasonably appear to be an attempt to shift blame to the victim. From what you wrote, you appear to have recognized this.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
It doesn't really matter that he was the kid's parent; IMO, the friend who wrote a letter is exhibiting equally indefensible behavior. What's unethical about it is that it minimizes and tries to blame the victim and does not acknowledge the seriousness of the crime. Do you think Dan Turner would be okay with a sentence of 6 months in county for the guy who raped his wife? Do you think he would accept the same arguments he proffered?

It is possible to plea for mercy without denigrating the person your loved one has already victimized. By dragging this thru the court for a year, where was the entire Turner family's consideration for the victim? Brock Turner was guilty; instead of accepting his guilt, they've done nothing but deflect and deny. To me, that alone is unethical behavior but perhaps to you, anything at all is fine if it's done in defense of a loved one, even when that loved one has committed a heinous act.
Exactly. The way to write a letter like this is to emphasize what he was like before the crime. Hard worker at his sport and school, community service, all stuff like that. Delicately put how the crime itself was so at odds with his previous character, without in any way denying he committed it. But making it into "He lost his appetite, that's punishment enough" and "Besides, both of them were drunk" is completely the wrong way to plead for leniency.

Or maybe not, since apparently Judge Pricksy took all the letters he received at face value, even when they claimed things that were clearly untrue.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:39 PM
BANNED

His life is over. There is absolutely nothing he can ever do in this life to redeem himself in the face of society. Question. If he had been convicted of murder, would anyone have even noticed?
Old 06-10-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Pig View Post
His life is over. There is absolutely nothing he can ever do in this life to redeem himself in the face of society. Question. If he had been convicted of murder, would anyone have even noticed?
Who's life is over? After a hockey season in the pen, he'll walk around free as a bird. Daddy may send him to live in Europe for a couple of years. Then his looks will have changed a bit, the media uproar will have died, he can come back and do just about anything that doesn't splash his face over the internet. There's already plenty of folks who think he's the victim here.

And he can redeem himself. The first step would be to fess up, which he hasn't done yet.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typo Negative View Post
Who's life is over? After a hockey season in the pen, he'll walk around free as a bird. Daddy may send him to live in Europe for a couple of years. Then his looks will have changed a bit, the media uproar will have died, he can come back and do just about anything that doesn't splash his face over the internet. There's already plenty of folks who think he's the victim here.

And he can redeem himself. The first step would be to fess up, which he hasn't done yet.
He is now a registered sex offender Typo. That never goes away.

Last edited by Little_Pig; 06-10-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:

- He is a registered sex offender.
- Attempting to finish college will result in attention from the campus women's center, for those campuses who will accept him
- Any company that runs a background check will quietly find a way not to hire him
- Anyone searching his name will find the case

So he would need to move to Europe, join the Foreign Legion, get a new name (if they still do that). Of course, if he changes his name he has to notify his parole officer (per an article I read). So it will take awhile for him to break free of this.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
he can come back and do just about anything that doesn't splash his face over the internet.
Such as? The Internet is all-pervasive these days. It's not simply a case of not "splashing his face over the internet"; unless he becomes a hermit interested parties will track him down even if it is only as a way of spreading juicy gossip.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:07 PM

What? I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? Cry for his troubles? Lament the terrible tragedy that will be his life? All the hardship HE will have to overcome?

The asshole is appealing the conviction. There is still the chance that he doesn't do time at all and won't have to register as a sex offender.

Quote:
He is now a registered sex offender Typo. That never goes away.
Not if he lives in Europe, or Mexico. Canada is still on the table. The stain is unlikely to follow him there.

Quote:
The Internet is all-pervasive these days.
And our attention span grows shorter every day. Should he keep out of the public eye, he will be forgotten.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
What kills me is he gets what is essentially a walk....and he is appealing to conviction! "6 months....no way man, that will be on my record forever! APPEAL!"
Is there chance that could backfire, and he end's up getting a harsher sentence after a retrial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Maybe he should be given an option then. Register as a sex offender for the rest of his life or get RAPIST tattooed in block letters on his forehead. His choice.
I'm not a fan of tattoos, especially facial ones. Maybe just give the kid a choice between full castration or life on the sex offender registry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
...And as much as I think the sentence was horribly inadequate for the severity of the crime, I can't get behind the recall effort of the judge. Judges should not be subject to following public opinion. Issues like this sentence should be addressed by the judicial ethics commission, not recall petitions and mob mentality. This says it better than I can.
As disgusting as I find this I can't get behind a recall effort. I don't even think the judiciary should be elected in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRobyn View Post
One more time. It. Does. Not. Matter. if a person gave consent while drunk. A drunk person can't give consent...
Is it only women who are incapable of giving consent while drunk, or does that apply to men to? Because the latter would mean men who commit sex offenses while intoxicated shouldn't be held responsible (or at least get a lighter punishment), and the former is just plain ridiculous. What when both parties are male (or female)? Does whoever was drunker automatically get designated the victim while the less drunk one get designated the perpetrator?

Quote:
Who's life is over? After a hockey season in the pen, he'll walk around free as a bird. Daddy may send him to live in Europe for a couple of years...
Betcha those visas are going to cost a pretty penny.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
<snip>And our attention span grows shorter every day. Should he keep out of the public eye, he will be forgotten.</snip>
My Dad, before he died lived all his life on the internet. He oddly became a bit of an internet junkie... I guess I am too, but it's part of my job.

Anywho, my Dad wanted to write a book about the internet, and the information it reveals. His title was going to be - More and More about Less and Less I thought that title was brilliant.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:14 PM

Creep was always a creep and his sentencing statement about being an innocent kid from Ohio was a lie.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarisse McClellan View Post
Creep was always a creep and his sentencing statement about being an innocent kid from Ohio was a lie.
That link goes to one hell of an article; thanks for that.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
From the letter:

Thank you for posting that. I was beginning to doubt my memory and didn't know if I was up for reading her statement again to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiboronti View Post
If my son were in this position I too would write to the judge asking for justice to be tempered with mercy. Yes, he did a terrible thing, but what sort of father would turn his back on his son at such a moment? Should he have asked them to throw away the key, let the guy rot?

He's a father, the guy is his fucking son. Unload on the perp as you please but give the father a fucking break. He has done nothing wrong although from some of the comments you'd be forgiven for thinking he was there behind his son cheering him on.

Again, do the people giving the father a pass not understand writing a letter of support that is NOT dickish versus one that IS? I mean, the latter is not the only option. As has been repeated ad nauseum, the father could have done his parenting duties and yet still avoid phrases like "20 minutes of action." Or are you saying you'd take the same tack?

Finally, people calling the dad an asshole really isn't a big deal, is it? Certainly not compared to sexual assault.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867 View Post
Betcha those visas are going to cost a pretty penny.
Betcha you can't get those visas. You can't even get into Canada with a DUI (my sister is banned from Canada ). Europe is not busy handing out resident visas to U.S. felons. A friend of mine has been trying to get a visa to live and work anywhere in Europe for five years - she has a lot of money, an MBA, and no criminal record. She's not getting one unless she marries a European or already has a job in Europe.

He could probably join ISIS. They'd take him.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
The asshole is appealing the conviction. There is still the chance that he doesn't do time at all and won't have to register as a sex offender.
He's already in jail
Old 06-10-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treis View Post
He's already in jail
For a few more days, right?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
For a few more days, right?
Until Sept 2. Mark your calendars for the next pit thread.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:00 AM
Charter Member

He doesn't get sprung pending appeal?
Old 06-11-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Piper View Post
He doesn't get sprung pending appeal?
I don't think he's actually appealed. Even if he has, an appeal doesn't automatically stop you from going to jail. It's up to the judge whether or not you get sprung pending your appeal.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:29 AM

Would it be the same judge that handles his appeal? Couldn't be I suppose.

Whatever law firm that is suggesting this is only in it for the money.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Why do you say that? Are you certain that the Judge didn't make any errors during the trial that could lead to a successful appeal?

(Let's face it, based on the admittedly small sample size, he's already known to have made a whopper of a error on sentencing, so why not at the trial proper?)
Old 06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member

Here's a letter from his mother. It made my eyes roll.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/carlee...l-son-parents/
Old 06-11-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Why do you say that? Are you certain that the Judge didn't make any errors during the trial that could lead to a successful appeal?

(Let's face it, based on the admittedly small sample size, he's already known to have made a whopper of a error on sentencing, so why not at the trial proper?)
Do you mean he's made a legal error? Or a moral and ethical one. I can see the second but I'm not well-versed enough in the law to spot the first. Can they impose another sentence if sentencing wasn't within the guidelines?

Last edited by aldiboronti; 06-11-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
His sentence was within the limits allowed by the law. This is NOT a legal error, however much one might wish it were the case.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperJJ View Post

Since The Internet never forgets, I expect that in 4 or 5 years, we'll all be very impressed with the selfless lifestyle that Brock Turner will have taken up, and we'll marvel at all the ways he's helped his fellow citizens, be they rapists (like him) or non-rapists (like most of us). I mean, both his parents wrote to the court that he'll live a productive and positive life, so it must be true, right?

ETA: My prediction is that he'll team up with Luke Gatti and have a reality series; it'll be the 2nd top rated program during both Trump presidencies, only slightly less beloved than Ow My Balls!

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-11-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperJJ View Post

Oh Em Gee.

First, there's no way in hell anyone should read all of that self-important drivel. Seriously, was this an essay competition?

Second, after now hearing from apparently everyone in his circle, I can certainly see why he turned out the way he is. Not a single mention of the horror he perpetrated on his victim, what he did wrong, how he should face the consequences, or how remorseful he is. Just droning on and on about what all he's lost, how this is killing his future, his family's life and blah blah blah poor, pitiful us. Feel sorry for us! Send us money! Don't hold us accountable!

Third, I'm glad these are being released for all and sundry to read. And I know there's some MRA or troll types that won't be dissuaded from their frothing, but holy hell, everyone else and their dogs will now see these narcissistic assholes for what they are....... sociopaths. Then treat them accordingly.

So disturbing.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfool View Post
Third, I'm glad these are being released for all and sundry to read.
If you want to read a full 61 pages of letters, from family and friends and swimming coaches and teachers and all the other people who know Turner, the LA Times has all of the court documents from the whole trial available on its website.

The letters of reference are in document #9.

Last edited by mhendo; 06-11-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Do you mean he's made a legal error? Or a moral and ethical one. I can see the second but I'm not well-versed enough in the law to spot the first. Can they impose another sentence if sentencing wasn't within the guidelines?
No, apparently not. An earlier poster said that under California law, his decision not to comply with the sentencing guidelines cannot be appealed.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:34 PM

The letters are really quite an interesting read. Many of the writers have the good sense to talk in generalities about their own experiences with Turner, without implying that he has been incorrectly convicted or somehow unfairly treated. Others, however, still continue to see him as the only victim in this case.

Here's his sister:
Quote:
The night of January 17th I was not there and I did not witness the events that transpired, which now compel me to write to you. On that fateful night, Brock failed to recognize a series of signifiers that he surely would have if he hadn't consumed alcohol that evening. However, it is also clear that Brock, having the good character that he does, was never out to take advantage of anyone, traumatize anyone, and especially rape anyone. He put himself in a situation and willingly participated in it, making decisions that lead him to grapple with what his life is now.

I understand that he has been found guilty of his crimes and must now pay his debt to society....Instead of making him a burden to the state, please consider how counseling, community service, and probation would be a proper and deserved punishment for his actions. Think of the extraordinary potential he has to be a voice in society and speak out against the binge drinking and sexual promiscuity that define culture on college campuses. His dreams were shattered in the course of an evening, but every action he took could have been prevented.
From a family friend and someone who employed turner when he returned to Ohio after the arrest:
Quote:
[T]he verdict hurt because we knew he was a great kid that in the matter of a few hours, made a few bad decisions that changed his life forever. The media never mentioned the girl's name to protect her, but they plastered Brock's everywhere, even before he was tried. I knew that even if he was found innocent, Brock's life was never going to be the same, but I still hoped for an innocent verdict....

The thought of a possible jail sentence seems a terrible mistake when considering all that Brock can contribute....yes, he made some bad decisions that one night, but to think that such a talented, young, intellectual young [sic] man with so much potential would have to go spend time in jail is very saddening. I am sure that if he could replay the events of that January evening, it would be very different....

I think that in many ways, Brock has already paid for what happened in January. Brock's life -- his promising swimming career, his education at Stanford and his reputation have been destroyed...I don't know if probation is an option for his sentence, but in my estimation, he has already paid enough and I would hope as the judge presiding over his sentencing you could consider probation as opposed to a jail sentence.
From a friend:
Quote:
As I was in the courtroom alongside the whole Turner family, I was astonished and angered to hear the person that District Attorney Alaleh Kianerci described to the courtroom. The person she believed to be describing was one she wished to, and not the kind-hearted, relaxed, and caring Brock that he actually is. She used Brock's most defining qualities, of being a relaxed or "chill" person against him in a manner that was in her favor and demoted Brock....

The fact that I am even writing this letter is something I never saw coming, or could ever imagine, this is itself I believe to speak numbers. You would think a close friendship of 8 years could predict something like this happening, but the type of person Brock is could never deserve this or do anything he has been convicted of in a thousand of his lives. I have never been so angry with God in all my life, for instilling such pain on such an undeserving soul.
From his gradparents:
Quote:
We still are in disbelief. Brock is the only person being held accountable for the actions of other irresponsible adults. He raised a right hand, swore an oath and told the truth.

Brock is a good 20 year old young man who has never been in trouble. Brock has essentially served a 14 month jail sentence while awaiting trial.
From a friend and swimming competitor:
Quote:
I hope my words helped you get to know the real Brock Turner, the guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, the guy who made sure everyone was included, the guy who was, and still is, someone with great leadership qualities. Brock Turner was misconstrued as a criminal, which he simply is not. I hope you see the real Brock Turner.
From another guy on the Stanford swimming team:
Quote:
While acknowledging that there are serious issues which need addressing in colleges throughout the US, and indeed worldwide, I implore you to not make a scapegoat out of such a hardworking and genuinely good person as Brock Turner. He and his family have suffered already, and will continue to do so for the rest of their lives. I urge you to be influenced only by those who know him, and not by the media and lobbyists who don't.
Yikes! There's some self-delusion going on in some of those letters. And, in a couple of cases, some really bad writing.

Quite a few other letter-writers say that they have daughters, and would not hesitate to trust Turner around their daughters. I'd be interested to know if they really feel that way now that he's back among them in Ohio.

Last edited by mhendo; 06-11-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

And of course, we get the ridiculous assertion that people who point out societal and institutional racism are the real racists.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:52 PM

From the mother's letter -

Quote:
But in the months leading up to the trial, we had hope. Brock told us what happened and his accounting of the events of that night never changed from the first time he told us everything. He was a shy and awkward 19-year old, far away frorn home trying to fit in with the swimmers he idolized. He is the most trust-worthy and honest person I know. He was telling the truth. We knew once he had the opportunity to fell what happened this would al! go away.

And again from that article in post 220 - we know this is all false. Brock Turner did drugs all through high school and college. He was arrested for under age drinking last November.

He is neither trustworthy nor honest, and the rest of his family is looking pretty bad, too. I wonder if they've been pricing tickets to Mexico?
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html
Old 06-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Turner sent photos of the victim's breast to his friends while assaulting her.

From the above link, we also learn that he was a bully in high school according to an acquaintance.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:06 PM

From the grandparents:

Quote:
We still are in disbelief. Brock is the only person being held accountable for the actions of other irresponsible adults. He raised a right hand, swore an oath and told the truth.
See, if they had only kept quiet, the public would never have to know they think being raped is somehow as much of a crime as raping someone is. How dare she press charges against the guy who violated her, when she was basically asking for it by being drunk! Aargh, with supporters like this, he doesn't need enemies.

After reading her letter, I wondered whether anyone ever investigated whether she'd been unintentionally drugged. It doesn't sound like she binged drunk that night, so her unexpectedly losing consciousness at just the right time for Turner to pounce on her behind a dumpster seems weirdly coincidental. Does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by you with the face; 06-11-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:26 AM

The Thames Valley Police prepared a cartoon video that might help stupid people grasp the concept of sexual consent.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
The Thames Valley Police prepared a cartoon video that might help stupid people grasp the concept of sexual consent.
I saw that a few weeks ago. It's excellent.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
Turner sent photos of the victim's breast to his friends while assaulting her.

From the above link, we also learn that he was a bully in high school according to an acquaintance.
I defended the judge earlier. As he had access to facts (eg the probation report) which we didn't have I thought there was something there which would justify the leniency of the sentence.

Now that we can see the information it contained I am astonished that he came to such a decision. The guy was a sexual predator in the making.

I now say fuck this judge, he's a total wanker.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algher View Post
So he would need to move to Europe, join the Foreign Legion, get a new name (if they still do that).
They still do that, but it's not what it used to be. These days they do a background check before letting you join. That said I'm like 90% sure the check is just to see whether you are actively sought by the Law and/or escaped from prison or somesuch ; a past conviction for shit behaviour is par for the course.

However, the false name is purely cosmetic : the Legion admin knows exactly who you are and what you did ; they won't deliver ID for your Legion name ; and when you leave the Legion or get kicked out you have to resume your former identity (though if you've finished your 5 year contract, you do still get a brand new French citizenship out of the deal - assuming the Legion itself doesn't fuck you out of it, which they often do to keep people re-signing the contract).
Old 06-12-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I now say fuck this judge
In my opinion, that comment crosses a line I'm not comfortable with.

But in the judge's opinion? Hey, just make sure to keep it under twenty minutes.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:10 AM

That has to be the most awful, disgusting people collected together that I've ever had the displeasure of reading about. I feel dirty after all that. And you know, low income trashy people really get their share of vitriol aimed at them, but who knew it could really be a bunch of soulless, rich assholes that were the true despicable scum? I'd rather hang out with the Springer types any day than these vipers-in-hiding, delusional, entitled fuckers any day.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:12 AM

ETA: I also think that judge was payed off somehow. He should be disbarred.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

They're working on that.