Old 11-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Dunno if this counts, but while the reboot of Hawaii Five-O is just awful, we like to watch it to see the Hawaiian locales. We live just half a block away from the Hilton Hawaiian Village, where many of the scenes are shot. But Jack Lord must be turning in his grave.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
But Jack Lord must be turning in his grave.
Lies! The Jack Lord is a living God! Go to the Mainland Church of the Perfect Wave and wait to be busted for your heresy!
Old 11-13-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derleth View Post
Lies! The Jack Lord is a living God! Go to the Mainland Church of the Perfect Wave and wait to be busted for your heresy!
[music] Were you there when they crucified Jack Lord?[/music]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Mike%27s_Mondo_Video
Old 11-13-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I'm pleased to be the first to proffer A Boy And His Dog, starring a young Don Johnson.

A young man and his telepathic dog wander the dystopian wasteland searching for women until they discover an underground society full of circuses, clown-faced robots, and sperm-milking machines.

And if that weren't enough, don't miss the cannibalistic plot twist at the end!
I finally watched that the other day, and it was everything I imagined it would be.

Also "They Live!" It was okay, but felt a bit lazy. I like my bad sci-fi to be earnest, y'know? Also, watched it with my 5 y.o. daughter, and the last 30 seconds were a bit of an unexpected oops. :/
Old 11-13-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaMcQ View Post
Star Crash

Christopher Plummer and a young David Hasselhoff play supporting roles in this fantastically bad rip off of Star Wars.
Even more importantly, it stars Marjoe Gortner.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bean View Post
Roadhouse
I was thinking of this, as well as the original Point Break.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount View Post
Speaking of Blaxploitation, there is nothing quite so wonderful as Dolemite ...
Dolemite was on (I think) TCM a couple weeks ago. Recorded it and FFed thru it to see what it was like. It's one of those "They didn't really understand what an exploitation movie is." type of films.

Yet it had a regular sequel and two more movies made decades later based on it.

Looking at the IMDb actor pages reveals almost all has this as one of their few, if not only, credit. A couple are B-movie regulars. And then there's John Kerry. Kerry also appeared a few other movies in the genre. Curious, long and still ongoing career.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaMcQ View Post
Star Crash

Christopher Plummer and a young David Hasselhoff play supporting roles in this fantastically bad rip off of Star Wars.
This, of course, led me to look up Caroline Munro, and I learned that she was in "Goody Two Shoes," by Adam Ant. And it wasn't until this time watching that video that I realized that Adam Ant looks like Peter Weller and Billy Crystal had a child.

My favorite "wonderfully bad movie?" Easy. Street Fighter, with Van Damme and Raul Julia. Someone has put together a compilation of its best moments.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:49 AM

Southlander: Diary of a Desperate Musician Even though it's ultra low budget and weird, this movie really resonates with me for some reason. Rory Cochrane (the stoner from Dazed and Confused) is a starving keyboardist wanting to join a band in LA. He is a decent player, but his real gimmick is the retro-futuristic "MoleTron" keyboard he finds. Right after the keyboard gets him a gig with a band about to go on the road, it gets stolen and he desperately tracks it all over LA. Even though it's very low budget, this movie has some surprising cast members, including Beck, Beth Orton, Hank Williams III, and Laura Prepon. Lots of weird stuff and kooky characters.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
My Guilty Pleasure film is Undercover Blues. Dennis Quaid and Kathleen Turner are a married couple of spies on vacation in New Orleans with their toddler daughter. Goofy plot ensues. At no point is anything taken seriously. Is it bad? I dunno. It certainly was unlikely to win any awards.

Noteworthy for talented character actors Stanley Tucci and Fiona Shaw competing for "Best Scenery Chewing" and "Most Ridiculous Accent". For my money I think Tucci pips Shaw for both. "Mah nem ees MUERTE!""
That movie is definitely on my list-Morty is perfect!
Old 11-18-2016, 02:05 PM

Speaking of Adam Ant and wonderfully bad movies, Superdude, how about World Gone Wild? This wanna-be Mad Max story not only has Adam Ant as the bad guy, but also Michael Paré (has he ever been in a good movie?) and Bruce Dern.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 PM

Deep Blue Sea, featuring intelligent sharks that fight back against being research subjects.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I wanna say something good here, because the incredibly sexy Saffron Burrows is in it, but she was also in Wing Commander* with Freddy Prinze, Jr., so maybe I'd better not.

*= As a big fan of the computer games, I actually sat through this stinker in the theater. You might remember the hubbub surrounding it, as everyone knew it was going to be terrible (they were right!), but theaters were showing the the then recently-released Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace trailer with it. It made the news when Star Wars fans paid to see Wing Commander and then walked out after the trailer without even bothering to stay for the feature film. To this day, Prinze does not like to talk about it.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:28 PM

Joe Patroni and his fabulous flare gun from The Concorde ... Airport '79.